Thiago Silva

Beast

The Observer
He is an excellent reader of the game which is one of his strongest points, he cuts it out before it even starts, i can't tell you how many times i've seen him do it over the years, he also had to put up with Milans incompetent fullbacks & a shoddy partner as Nesta was always injured & still look the tits.

Once in a bluemoon when he makes a mistake he can make up for it as he is a speed demon, can play in both high line/deep, as complete as you'll see esp. with the poor quality of defenders around these days.

He isn't the captain of Brazil/the most expensive defender ever for being overrated that's for sure.

Whenever I watch him he always seemed average, never considered him world-class

Beast

The Observer
Not really , its been my opinion for such a long time even Sergio & me had such a long debates about him.. the last 4 times we met Milan he looked pretty average we bossed him completely

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Well anybody that has watched PSG's opening few games will know that there defense has been shocking to say the least, Sakho & Alex with some of the worst defending i've seen ever. I will watch eagerly to see if Silva steadies it. (I've much confidence)

Beast

The Observer
Well anybody that has watched PSG's opening few games will know that there defense has been shocking to say the least, Sakho & Alex with some of the worst defending i've seen ever. I will watch eagerly to see if Silva steadies it. (I've much confidence)

Well Sakho has great potential and Alex is too slow for Ligue 1 (which is filled with speedy strikers/wingers , that's why such a slow defender will suffer )

anyhow i don't know your point exactly ... are you referring that Silva is great facing the ligue 1 strikers ? that's not who he will meet in the WC nor in the CL.. if anything this is a step down ... maybe he was good in Serie A (arguably ) according to you but again facing slow paced build up and strikers is different ..I still maintain i haven't seen him do well not even once against us

Ode to Django

Well Sakho has great potential and Alex is too slow for Ligue 1 (which is filled with speedy strikers/wingers , that's why such a slow defender will suffer )

anyhow i don't know your point exactly ... are you referring that Silva is great facing the ligue 1 strikers ? that's not who he will meet in the WC nor in the CL.. if anything this is a step down ... maybe he was good in Serie A (arguably ) according to you but again facing slow paced build up and strikers is different ..I still maintain i haven't seen him do well not even once against us

My point is i expect PSG to now be alot more solid with him in the side & for him to hold the defense together, i'm aware Sakho is a great prospect but he's been awful in the opening games, Silva was the best in Serie A by a country mile & trust me i'm the biggest Nesta fan alive & he carried it completely. My memory is piss poor so i don't remember the group stage games vs. you so well, only the Pato brace :p

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Well considering PSG investment they should be walking the league .. it won't be a sign of how good he is.. if anything they are a disappointment that the two traditional power horses are leading especially L'OM who are a full 6 points ahead of PSG !! if you follow Ligue 1 you would know L'OM had a disastrous transfer season where they sold plenty of players and bought few fringe players.. but now they have full points after 6 games , 9 goals scored and 1 conceded..

L OM runs on nothing though. take Valbuena out and the team's already terrible creativity comes close to nothing. Right now Marseille owes its great debut mostly to its excellent defense.

Ode to Django

Refreshingly honest Interview by Silva.

Exclusively for "Le Parisien" - "Today in France , "Thiago Silva, 28, the most expensive transfer in the history of Ligue 1 , confides length. On cheerfully and not without humor, defender auriverde 28 years, father of two boys, said her new life in Paris . This amateur pagoda Brazilian musical style "a bit like the samba," also discusses his childhood and faith.

What do you think of your first steps in Paris?

Thiago Silva. My first few weeks were difficult because I am not yet accustomed to the city and that we are still at the hotel. I do not even own my house to rest. It is also complicated compared to the food ... I do not eat like an athlete should eat a high level.

French food does not suit you?

Yeah but I prefer Brazilian food. When you're at home, you can eat what you really like, you can diversify the dishes. But there, in that moment, I almost always eat in the hotel, and almost always the same, that is to say fries with meat ...

Physically, how do you feel?

Getting better, but I'm not 100% yet. The training and especially games help me to find all my physical abilities.

What do you think of the Ligue 1?

This is obviously not the best championship in the world, but this is not the worst either. Ligue 1 is more physical than the Serie A, where tactics over. But I am confident that the investment will take the championship PSG up.

Can you give us some names of players who play in France?

Honestly, no. When I was in Brazil to Milan, it was difficult to follow the Ligue 1. I only know the Brazilians as Ederson, Cris and Michel Bastos. They are friends, we played together in selection.

You have often said that you wanted to stay in Milan. Why did you finally agreed to sign for Paris?

It was a really difficult decision. But the project that I was offered PSG convinced me. It was watching the staff and all the staff that I agreed to change clubs. For today, I am confident that this team PSG can go further than Milan. And it is not just in relation to Ibra. Neither he nor I are going to win a game alone. This is the group account. The presence of Ancelotti and Leonardo played. If they had not been there, I probably would have decided to stay in Italy.

So you felt that you had more chance of winning the Champions League with Milan to Paris?

Yes. I am convinced. Milan to Aquilani, for Inzaghi, Seedorf, Alessandro Nesta and of course Ibrahimovic was a very strong team that could go far. But today, Paris can go further. PSG is already the best. At least on paper. Remains to put it into practice.

You are often described as the best defender in the world. Do you be?

I do not know ... I feel like a champion with great qualities who lives a special moment. I acknowledge that I am on top of my career.

You are also the most expensive player in the history of Ligue 1. Do you draw a certain pride?

I am obviously very proud to be the most expensive player in the French league. I never imagined this. But suddenly, my responsibility is much greater. I have an obligation of result.

You played with Sakho and Alex. What are their qualifications?

These are two quality players. Sakho is a good defender, very technical. It is growing. The big difference is that Alex has more experience. He played with the selection and in other major European teams. I played a game with Sakho, two with Alex. And I must confess that even though I felt fine with both, I was more relaxed with one that has more experience, that is to say, Alex.

So you prefer playing with Alex?

Yes, it is.

Are you able to communicate with your teammates?

Thank goodness there are many Brazilians and Italians! Because French is really a very difficult language! When I was selected with Ronaldinho, his friends, the French, came to see him. I heard then speak a little French and I told him: "How are you doing? It's so complicated! "And here I am, a few years later to take French courses (laughs). I hope to learn quickly is important. Would that for restaurants! Because every time I get a flat, I rarely back ordered what I thought (laughs)!

Parisian life you like it?

My family and I have not had time to play tourists I arrived in Paris wounded. So I had treatment sessions in the morning and afternoon. I could not find mine at 18 hours or 19 hours. For now, our priority is to find an apartment in Paris. My wife prefers to stay in the city. In Milan, it was a bit far from the center and, hence, it does not benefit much.

Have you had a difficult childhood?

My family was not rich, but I always had something to eat, rice, eggs and black beans. Moreover, it is still my favorite! My father worked in the electricity, my mother was at home. My brothers, they were studying. I really did not study. I had this passion for football. I trained in the morning and the afternoon, I went to school. But I did not always have the necessary concentration. Sometimes I fall asleep even while! Still happy that I got in the game ...

Religion also appears to have an important place in your life ...

I do not go to church every day. But I believe in God. Especially since my illness. I had tuberculosis a few years ago (note: in 2004 and 2005). I do not know if I would succeed one day to replay football. One doctor even told me he would have to remove part of the lung! Thank God, I met a doctor in Portugal helped me and healed me. Since then, my faith is very large. And also my determination. Nothing scares me.

Le Parisien

http://www.leparisien.fr/psg-foot-pa...12-2196583.php

Ursegor

World Champion
That's VERY honest. :lol: Him and Ibra clearly didn't want to leave Milan.

The way he talks about food doesn't bode well though if you ask me. :troll:

Ode to Django

yes, in short he says Ligue 1 is **** :lol:

I don't believe he wanted to leave so much, Ibra probably yes as he can earn more $$ & it was probably his last move, where he can get a huge signing on fee again.

Home of Barca Fans