Thiago Silva

Meitux

we should of try to get him when we had the chance propably would of end the most of our problems in CB but they didnt want to pay too much in a position that this team has the biggest problem pff.....

barcaboy15

Silva didn't want to leave, we only really sold him as it was a way to get rid of Ibrahimovic also because of his massive wages, PSG originally just wanted Silva but we threw in Ibrahimovic while we were at it. Also it was a very high transfer fee.

But yes Silva would've fit like a glove in Barcelona's team but again i don't think he would've left had he not been forced and/or made it known that they wanted the money.

Yeah I remember him not really wanting to leave but Milan kind of made him for the money and I'm sure you'd have taken our €€€ instead of PSGs...

What was the transfer fee in the end, around €35m? An absolute bargain in my opinion and I said so many times in the summer that he should'be been our no.1 target.

If someone were to design a perfect defender for FCB then the result would be Silva - lightning fast, great in the air, extremely comfortable in possession, and with the tactical intelligence of Nesta.

Tbh, I think I'd rather get Hummels than Silva since Hummels is younger and Silva is injury prone. I agree Silva would be awesome for us, but his injury proneness would be a problem IMO.

barcaboy15

Yeah now Hummels would be the best option for us I think, but even that is probably too late now.

But no defender is as suited to Barca as Silva and he would've been simply amazing for us, he would've been as good as 3 Piques playing at the same time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you guys are so out of touch. If we couldn't afford Thiago Silva last summer when Milan was selling how on earth do you think we can get him now that he is out of market and playing for one of the richest clubs in the world.
Forget about Thiago Silva already.

Some of you guys are so out of touch. If we couldn't afford Thiago Silva last summer when Milan was selling how on earth do you think we can get him now that he is out of market and playing for one of the richest clubs in the world.
Forget about Thiago Silva already.

Never said we could get Thiago Silva. Just talking about whether Hummels or Silva would be better for us.

barcanuck

Injury prone or not our board failed to go for him since we are saving up for Neymar yet blew 20 mill on Song. Could of bought a star defender like Thiago Silva.

B

beautifulgame

Where does it say that Barca were saving for Neymar?

edit: just curious. may are saying this now but i never read anything of the sort from any news sources or barca affliates.

Home of Barca Fans