Thiago Silva

XaviMessiGirl

People come here and say "Thiago Silva missed lot of games for PSG, probably PSG might sell him to us". Why would we want a player who let PSG down, as they expected much more from him with the money paid for him. If they indeed consider selling him, that means PSG thinks Silva worth a shit.

Wait, you think the only reason he would leave PSG is if they think he's a bad player? Wow. He certainly has not "let PSG down" as you say. Nor did he let Milan down before they sold him. There are other potential reasons he would leave and none of them have to do with his ability.

Ronnie10

If you people think that we should pay €40 million for a defender, who will play against Granada and Osasuna of the world, I'd say that's crazy. When it comes to the CL playoffs we ended up playing Bartra and Pique, it was the case pretty much last 3 seasons with Pique and Mascherano.

XaviMessiGirl

If you people think that we should pay €40 million for a defender, who will play against Granada and Osasuna of the world, I'd say that's crazy. When it comes to the CL playoffs we ended up playing Bartra and Pique, it was the case pretty much last 3 seasons with Pique and Mascherano.

What? I'm sure if we bought Silva he'd be playing in all the big matches. Do you think we WANTED to play Pique-Bartra against Bayern? No, we did because we had to.

Ronnie10

Wait, you think the only reason he would leave PSG is if they think he's a bad player? Wow. He certainly has not "let PSG down" as you say. Nor did he let Milan down before they sold him.

I didnt say he is bad player. I'm referring to the people who say "PSG might sell TS because he was missing half of the season and didnt payoff the transfer money". If PSG sells that would mean that he wasn't worth all money paid. Then are you suggesting waste our €40 million on him and end up unhappy just like PSG. Then we should consider selling after one season.

SoMa

He turns 29 in september and seems to be too injury prone to pay 40 mil is what yore trying to say? if so, I agree.

Ronnie10

What? I'm sure if we bought Silva he'd be playing in all the big matches. Do you think we WANTED to play Pique-Bartra against Bayern? No, we did because we had to.

Why are you so sure that he is gonna play big matches? When all big matches come in second part of the season, where he is always injured. Here are his appearances for national league last two seasons. His chronic injuries are gonna get even worse, because he is aging. Should we buy him so Puyol wont be bored visiting hospital?

Season 2011-12
2ipxt3.jpg

Season 2012-13
330gvvr.jpg

F

Flavia

I didnt say he is bad player. I'm referring to the people who say "PSG might sell TS because he was missing half of the season and didnt payoff the transfer money". If PSG sells that would mean that he wasn't worth all money paid. Then are you suggesting waste our €40 million on him and end up unhappy just like PSG. Then we should consider selling after one season.
if he leaves psg now, is because of the new taxes law in france, not because he let them down.

Ronnie10

He turns 29 in september and seems to be too injury prone to pay 40 mil is what yore trying to say? if so, I agree.

I really believe he has chronic injuries, since young age. He couldnt start his career at Dynamo Moscow and went back to Brazil to rebuild himself. He misses or unfit half of the season. And it's more likely that he is injured in the second part of the season where we desperately need good defenders.

if he leaves psg now, is because of the new taxes law in france, not because he let them down.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Germain-stopped-Zlatan-Ibrahimovics-wage.html

Yes I'm not mistaken. With new taxes PSG has to pay Ibrahimovic €55million a year, so after tax cut €13m would be left for Ibra himself. The same contract is for Thiago Silva. These players are not paying tax out of their pocket.

F

Flavia

Ronnie10, please use the multi-quote or edit your posts, so there isn't several in a row... Thank you.

Someone will have to pay the taxes, and thats why psg may want to sell them.

Garrus

He's a bit old, And injury prone, And we already have enough of the latter.
I'm looking for a more permanent solution A young CB for many years to come, Silva is more of a temporary solution, And an expensive one.

He's a bit old, And injury prone, And we already have enough of the latter.
I'm looking for a more permanent solution A young CB for many years to come, Silva is more of a temporary solution, And an expensive one.

His injury proneness is exaggerated, according to some here (didn't follow Milan and I don't follow PSG, so I don't really know that much about it). He will turn 29 this year though. It's not like he's 35, but someone a bit younger would be nice. Still, I definitely wouldn't mind getting him.
Maybe get him and a wonderkid CB (Martinez, Marquinhos, Kurt Zouma, etc)? Or get him for next season and a wonderkid CB for the following season.

Last edited:

Juan Shoe

Well for 2 seasons in a row we played against Thiago Silva's team in CL playoff. It's one of the most crucial moments in any team, so we expect Thiago Silva show how much beast he is. Based on these four games (2 against Milan, 2 vs PSG) I didn't see much greatness in him TBH. In fact he let his team down, that's why he sucks.

Silva is getting on, he does have injury issues and would be expensive. But if you are seriously saying he didn't play well against Barca, this season in particular, then you know the square root of sod all about defending.

Garrus

His injury proneness is exaggerated, according to some here (didn't follow Milan and I don't follow PSG, so I don't really know that much about it). He will turn 29 this year though. It's not like he's 35, but someone a bit younger would be nice.
Maybe get him and a wonderkid CB (Martinez, Marquinhos, Kurt Zouma, etc)? Or get him for next season and a wonderkid CB for the following season.
If he came for a reasonable price, Then i'm all for it, He is the best CB in the world, But paying 35m for a 29 years old defender is insane, At least in my opinion.

D

Don_Andrés

His injury proneness is exaggerated, according to some here (didn't follow Milan and I don't follow PSG, so I don't really know that much about it). He will turn 29 this year though. It's not like he's 35, but someone a bit younger would be nice.

With the transfer of someone like Silva, your have to take the view, similar to the one Ferguson took with the signing of Van Persie, who like Silva is of a similar age and has had injury problems in the past. But what your getting is one of the best players in the world in his position and would he improve the team - yes! I think if it's deal that can be done, you get it done. It's should have been last year really :banghead:.

Wouldn't mind Marquinhos as well though ;).

Home of Barca Fans