Thiago Silva

Birdy

If Tito wants a sub for Pique or a replacement of Pique, or competition for Pique's spot, then Silva is a great case..
But Silva-Pique as a duo will backfire heavily i think.. The only plus of such a partnership will be aerial safety in set pieces..
But Barcelona's most urging problem is the team defending on the break, or generally defending-pressing not to let chances from the opposition..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The fact is that anyone can write what he/she wants and believe it to be true..
But objective reality is the same for everyone and with all the respect i have to say that:

IN PRINCIPLE (and not referring to good or bad form) skills of Pique and Thiago Silva are the very same:
good with the ball,
can carry the ball with them,
good passing ability,
tall,
good aerial presence (maybe Silca better now, but the good Pique is of the same quality)

I dont see in Silva any raw pace, or any Puyol-like attribute ... If you see, prove it to me with some video or evidence..
This... Only, TS got good pace. He's a far better version of Pique. But he's not like Puyi, not so beastly at least!!

Combination of TS and Pique wouldn't be as great as people think it would be. We'd better sign Hummels and a replacement for Puyi, who TS isn't!!

Last edited:
F

Flavia

This... Only TS got good pace. He's a far better version of Pique. But he's not like Puyi, not so beastly at least!!

Combination of TS and Pique wouldn't be as great as people think it would be. We'd better sign Hummels and a replacement for Puyi, who TS isn't!!

Hummels is much more alike Pique than Silva. I really have no idea why anyone would think Silva is like Pique. Silva is not like Puyol either, they're not the only 2 types of cb's there are in the world.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Hummels is much more alike Pique than Silva. I really have no idea why anyone would think Silva is like Pique. Silva is not like Puyol either, they're not the only 2 types of cb's there are in the world.
I know Hummels is much more like Pique but Hummels and, say, Marquinhos would cost less than TS and that would cover out defense better than TS alone would... I said Silva is actually a far better version of Pique but their combination couldn't probably be a success

F

Flavia

I know Hummels is much more like Pique but Hummels and, say, Marquinhos would cost less than TS and that would cover out defense better than TS alone would... I said Silva is actually a far better version of Pique but their combination couldn't probably be a success
Silva is not a better version of Pique. Other than their height, they're quite different players. Pique is bad on aerial duels, Silva is great. Silva's also faster and reads the game better.
People saying he's like Puyol could be referring to his leadership, I cannot see many similarities than that either.

Hummels wouldn't be that cheaper either. His price tag is around 30mi. And dortmund has no interest in letting him go.
And Marquinho's around 30mi as well, with roma playing hard ball and not being likely to sell for less than that. No way Barça can get both for less than Silva.

Being optimist I think one cb will be signed. And it's preferrable to be an experienced one. 30 mi for a prospect is too much for me.

Stric

Pique and Silva are NOTHING alike. Where do people get these ideas? Apart from being on the same planet, playing in the same position and having good passing skills, they have nothing else in common. They have a different body type, Silva is strong, quick and great in the air. Pique is neither of those things. Silva is more similar to Puyol or Ramos than to Pique.

Piqué is clap* compared to Thiago Silva. Piqué Is slower, not as good on the ball, always beaten on the one on one against good forwards, can't man mark well enough, not aggressive enough when pressuring, he's sloppy on the ball when pressured. They are 2 worlds apart.

Meitux

Piqué is clap* compared to Thiago Silva. Piqué Is slower, not as good on the ball, always beaten on the one on one against good forwards, can't man mark well enough, not aggressive enough when pressuring, he's sloppy on the ball when pressured. They are 2 worlds apart.
Agree,but the total point is even if we bring Silva still Pique's focus is the problem for me,cause nowdays he plays average and when he is bad he is really bad.We cant forget the fact that we need 2 defenders,Pique has not convised me that he will be consistent and i wouldnt have problems if the club would sell him.This will never happen thought cause of being catalan and all these stuff...propably names count more...

Last edited:
Agree,but the total point is even if we bring Silva still Pique's focus is the problem for me,cause nowdays he plays average and when he is bad he is really bad.We cant forget the fact that we need 2 defenders,Pique has not convised me that he will be consistent and i wouldnt have problems if the club would sell him.This will never happen thought cause of being catalan and all these stuff...propably names count more...
As long as Pique is starter for barca, we will always have a weaker defense. Thiago Silva would not solve all our problems, but he would at least bring more force and quality to our defense. I see it as a lost case though. I don't think Thiago will come. My dream is that one day Piqué is benched ( he would be ok for la liga against the weak teams) but I don't see that happening either. Him being Catalan and playing for Spain makes it almost impossible that he would be sold. Some Catalan reporters actually believe he's on of top defenders in the world. :lol:
But of course, these are the same people calling barca the best team in the world, so nosurprise there.

Ghost

I dont see in Silva any raw pace

:lol:

Suarez is very fast and he tried to outpace TS twice in the semi-final and couldn't.

One of the fastest players in the Brazillian NT despite being a defender. I'd say only Lucas, Neymar, Alves and (possibly) Hulk are faster than him.

Shegzy

Is it only Thiago silva that can solve our defensive problem.
Marquinhos will just do fine and check their stat marquinhos is just like TS.only thing Ts got over him is experience and he is faster thanTs.we should not always clamour for big name when marquinhos will bring almost the same thing as Ts and has time to develop to be better.if they don't switch attention away from silva am sure we will be in the same situation as last year. And we don't act fast and sign marquinhos or david luiz;am sure this psg will buy one of them and pair him with silva(which they will never sell)to replace alex.if chelsea is not willing to sell luiz then psg will buy marquinhos right in front of us and we will spend the whole of next year trying to convince marquinhos to force a transfer.

Home of Barca Fans