Thiago Translantara

mobster_1930

I'm talking about Bendtner's super-human confidence even though he is a shit player. Same goes with Thiago. Altough he's not shit, but he is not so brilliant as some of us are talking here on the forum.

Last edited:
B

barcelonista

He already takes more responsibility than Cesc, playing in the deeper Xavi position, seeing more of the ball, passing the ball with much higher accuracy than anyone else (Cesc today 82 % out of 74 passes, Thiago 92 % out of 92 passes). And it's only his first full season in the first division as a 20 year old. Just because he doesn't play a killer chip ball in the 10th and another in the 83th minute while being invisible inbetween doesn't mean he's average. His defensive capabilities should also be highlighted. If he scored that chance today, it was as complete a performance as you could get from a 20 year old central midfielder. People who criticize him now will look like retards in around 3 - 4 years time.

B

barcelonista

He already takes more responsibility than Cesc, playing in the deeper Xavi position, seeing more of the ball, passing the ball with much higher accuracy than anyone else (Cesc today 82 % out of 74 passes, Thiago 92 % out of 92 passes). And it's only his first full season in the first division as a 20 year old. Just because he doesn't play a killer chip ball in the 10th and another in the 83th minute while being invisible inbetween doesn't mean he's average. His defensive capabilities should also be highlighted. If he scored that chance today, it was as complete a performance as you could get from a 20 year old central midfielder. People who criticize him now will look like retards in around 3 - 4 years time.

:worthy: to myself.

mobster_1930

I wouldn't be happier :D

Maybe I'm to harsh on him because I expect him to be Xavi-esque, but I hope he will turn into something different, but equally good in the terms of game contribution.

B

beautifulgame

he doesn't take control of games as much as he should do, but he had a solid performance tonight.

your right. but i sense something different about him than from the beginning of the season.

also, something to keep in mind, barca is a lot more keen quickly passing through midfield or just skipping them altogether and getting the ball to the forwards than in past seasons. this is more often the case when Xavi and Iniesta (but esp. Xavi) are missing.

cesc, busi and thiago should keep their spacing better and be more careful of one being closer to the attack while the other two more central when rotating.

the rotation seems to break when xavi and iniesta are not there. too many players in the same line; the rhomboid shape is breaks down.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
What's wrong with not liking some player !? His attitude is just shit, he's playing like he won everything, like he is 30year old something. I'm annoyed with his self-confidence even though he made some horrible passes. It's just like mistakes don't affect him and he's still playing the way he wants. I've got a feeling when he goes up to the pitch he's feeling like he's on the level with Xavi. Show some humility ffs Thiago !
?

So, just because Thiago acts like Xavi on the pitch he's obviously arrogant with a shit attitude? He's supposed to be a playmaker, he's supposed to demand the ball and take control of the game. He's learning from Xavi, and he's doing pretty well.

Do you ever see Xavi breaking down due to a bad pass? Do you expect to find Thiago on a park bench drowning his sorrow?

B

barcelonista

dafuq did i just read

Another masterpiece straight outta my pen. You can have an autograph later. Feel_like_a_Sir.jpeg

I wouldn't be happier :D

Maybe I'm to harsh on him because I expect him to be Xavi-esque, but I hope he will turn into something different, but equally good in the terms of game contribution.

You can't compare a 20 year old in his first season with one of the best central midfielders of all time. Pretty sure there isn't any other central midfielder around his age in the world who could come as close though. Name me just one. His performances have been pretty good this season. Why do you think Pep trusts him so much recently? Started against Granada, Mallorca and Athletic Bilbao and got half an hour against Milan as well. Pep doesn't constantly play (nevermind start) players who he doesn't trust (Bojan, Fontas ...).

B

beautifulgame

perspective.

:beer2:

Maria

210gb46.gif

Reasonus

I thought he played rather well, but not great. He was more impressive before officially becoming a first-teamer. He definitely assumes the role of the playmaker far better than Cesc has done. He is also more skilled on the ball.

One thing I'm almost sure of, he can never become Xavi, or get even close to Xavi. I find the prospect of having another Xavi a bit far-fetched. It's not the question of the talent but of character. A hugley important factor in making Xavi such a player is his character. Thiago is young and he will get better both physically and mentally. He won't get to Xavi's level though.

Thiago has the potential to become one of the top 3 midfielders in the world. He has what it takes to surpass Cesc in a few years with proper guidance.

So I mostly agree with you here.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Comparing anyone (except for Iniesta, perhaps) to Xavi or Messi is incredibly unfair. We'll never produce another Messi, and Xavi is our best ever player. Someone might equal him in 50 years time. Maybe.

B

beautifulgame

in my opinion, thiago can be better.

pep sticking around may have a say in that though.

Home of Barca Fans