Thiago Translantara

kostasgtc

I dont care if I'm crucified for this but this passing from our goalkeepers and building from the back is overdone in Barca. Sometimes when opposing teams are pressuring the goalkeeper too much its better to to hoof the ball and be safe rather than being sorry. I remember Valdes used to do this but after the couple of blunders he made he has started hoofing the ball when under pressure which i like. But Pinto hasn't started doing this. I distinctly remember the many times we have conceded a goal like this. NO other team concedes goals like these consistently. Pinto shouldn't have passed the ball to Thiago when he was being pressed by opposing players. We are wrongly blaming Thiago

u say lets change our play style?

BerkeleyBernie

Pinto shouldn't have passed the ball to Thiago when he was being pressed by opposing players. We are wrongly blaming Thiago

I agree. Thiago's job is to open himself for a pass. Pinto's job is to make the best choice for distribution. Barça players generally trust that if they are being passed to that they are the most open alternative. Often, the center short pass is a good one (to an unmarked Xavi, Busquets, Song, Thiago), and they simply turn. Pinto didn't read the danger, and should have passed out to open Puyol on the right. To give credit to the Malaga player, he was very clever with his acceleration, lightly marking Thiago, but kicking into overdrive as soon as Pinto released the ball. Pinto didn't expect it, and Thiago also didn't realize he suddenly no longer had space.

BerkeleyBernie

I like him, I really do but he's so slow on the ball sometimes, it takes him ages to decide what to do.

Really? If anything, he's more quick and fluid on releasing passes than the other midfielders, more inclined to one touch. Increases the speed of the game, but occasional leads to errors by not judging a marking defender correctly.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I agree. Thiago's job is to open himself for a pass. Pinto's job is to make the best choice for distribution. Barça players generally trust that if they are being passed to that they are the most open alternative. Often, the center short pass is a good one (to an unmarked Xavi, Busquets, Song, Thiago), and they simply turn. Pinto didn't read the danger, and should have passed out to open Puyol on the right. To give credit to the Malaga player, he was very clever with his acceleration, lightly marking Thiago, but kicking into overdrive as soon as Pinto released the ball. Pinto didn't expect it, and Thiago also didn't realize he suddenly no longer had space.

Yep and why I thought the blame was more on Pinto than Thiago...Pinto had outlets on either side of the pitch as well as hoofing it forward, he made a poor decision when he was already far off his line - it was not a smart choice that gave the impression it was Thiago's fault for turning it over

Der Kaiser

pinto is also to blame for the goal, should have picked out a better pass. like he said, these are the risks when playing out of the back rather than kicking it wide. high risk-high reward.
mistakes like this can happen and will only make him pay more attention in these situations in the future.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Mistakes like that happen. Whether the main blame goes to pinto for the bad pass or thiago for not using mascherano or for a lack in communication, the lessons that can be learned from that error should be the main focus. For one, Thiago's mental fortitude is something that should be looked at. That mistake simply took him out of the game, and that should be a far greater concern. If Tito, his staff and the senior players have a talk with him, encourage him to not let that happen, the valuable lessons Thiago gains from this should be far greater than drawing the match, or perhaps even winning 1 King's Cup.

ivan22

you could also blame other players not telling him that there were 3 malaga players right behind him and one was running at full speed towards him....

it's pointless really. How do you benefit from finding a scapegoat? Move on. I hope that's what the team does, unlike some of you in here.

kostasgtc

I didnt say that . I said Pinto should learn from Valdes and hoof the ball sometimes when there is too much danger.
and tiagho should learn from xavi and busi to have one eye on his back before recieving the ball specially in so crucial area,from a different point of view.to hoof the ball is and must be the last option for so much technical team IMO.keep possession is our moto,or not?

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Pinto has been better than Valdés in the last year. I dont remember any major errors. Not even in the 3 Madrid clashes. From Valdés...dont ask.
It´s all thiago´s fault. He was over confident.

Garrus

Worthy of a re-post
bw33js

Home of Barca Fans