Thiago Translantara

ivan22

Wrong decision.

...and why is that so?

As far as I know he never played for any brazil youth teams (U15, and so on...)and they never cared about him (when he was still playing for barca's youth teams). If I had to chose then I'd play for the side that cared about me and who taught me. In Thiago's case that's spain.

Y

Youngie

He has too much competition for a starter slot of Spain. Plus his style would've suited Brazil much more. Shame

Jadentheman

Which is a shame because Brazil could have used a midfielder like Thiago. Oh well. I remember he did have an option for choosing Brazil, but he chose Spain instead.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Spain is the better option for a talented young midfielder like him. His flair adds that something extra to the Spanish midfield. Del Bosque knows that he needs someone to fill the Xavi role after he retires and no other Spanish midfielder is really qualified for that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I seriously doubt it. There is more competition for a place in the Spanish midfield than at Barça.

That's mainly for attacking midfield. None of Cazorla, Fabregas, Silva, Mata, Iniesta, etc. play in the orchestrator role for the midfield. Only Xavi really does and as he gets older, Thiago will replace him.

Y

Youngie

That's mainly for attacking midfield. None of Cazorla, Fabregas, Silva, Mata, Iniesta, etc. play in the orchestrator role for the midfield. Only Xavi really does and as he gets older, Thiago will replace him.

Maybe but don't you think Thiago attacking talents will go to waste if stuck in the "Xavi role"?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Maybe but don't you think Thiago attacking talents will go to waste if stuck in the "Xavi role"?

No. Thiago's attacking talents just brings more to the table in the Xavi role. He adds flair and dynamism to try riskier and more unpredictable passes as he remains able to control our rhythm. Once he starts controlling our game, we will have a different tempo and style to our game. He isn't limited in the Xavi role, he just adds more to it.

Y

Youngie

Anyway Thiago would probably be starting for the Brazil NT nowadays whereas he'll have to wait a few years for a spot in the Spain NT. His main competition (besides Xavi) will probably be Isco & Cesc (when no longer a false 9).

Home of Barca Fans