Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Where did I say that? What I said was Thiago isn't as good as he can be. It's true.

What more do you want from him? I feel like all you're doing is forcibly searching for any small reason to criticize him despite the fact that he's been great and that he's improving at an amazing rate.

Y

Youngie

What more do you want from him? I feel like all you're doing is forcibly searching for any small reason to criticize him despite the fact that he's been great and that he's improving at an amazing rate.

Let's not get carried away here!

Anyway he got a goal and assist for the U21's this evening. Good for him. I expect him to start vs Celta and play a great game.

Stric

Your entire premise is incorrect. Thiago doesn't need to cut back on his tricks or anything of that sort. He has areas that need more work, which have nothing to do with his tricks. I remember seeing him lose the ball and make bad passes, but never because of a trick. (That's just my memory, though, I may be wrong.) At this point, his tricks can only help his game, not worsen it. And ball controlling is not a trick.

Indignado

He sometimes looks a bit weaker because the likes of Xavi/Iniesta who have earned a reputation for themselves. Iniesta often losses the ball in his dribbling but it's ok because he is a "hero" and he does everything he wants to do. Thiago is just 21 and he has to deal with the pressure incumbent upon him. He tries to do everything the best to arouse an impression on a much more experienced and the best players in the world (!) And he's doing great.

thissssssssss

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
And there 's "ball control and technique" and total indulgence as seen by Thiago for example. That doesn't win you games.

I love to see it (i.e. Ronaldinho, (Brazil) Ronaldo, Messi etc) just not at the expense of playing well. Ronnie was the full package as you know: able to destroy opposition with worthwhile tricks thrown in for free. Whereas Thiago seems to be the opposite. Too reliant on showing off.

That's what Thiago does. 100 passes a match - nine tenths are sideways/easy passes.

Basically what you're saying is that he's a showboat that doesn't assist or score, and you seem to only value goals and assists as you've said that passes and technique are useless if it doesn't lead to a goal.

Y

Youngie

Basically what you're saying is that he's a showboat that doesn't assist or score, and you seem to only value goals and assists as you've said that passes and technique are useless if it doesn't lead to a goal.

Whatever makes you happy. Keep picking my quotes here and there & continue taking them out of context.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Not by much, there were several posts where you said that technique is unnecessary without end product (IE goals/assists). And your main argument was that Thiago was mainly a showboater, and lacking substance, right?

Anyway, here's his penalty goal.
A bit too low and central, but he got the gk in the wrong direction I guess.

Kerrybai

He sometimes looks a bit weaker because the likes of Xavi/Iniesta who have earned a reputation for themselves. Iniesta often losses the ball in his dribbling but it's ok because he is a "hero" and he does everything he wants to do. Thiago is just 21 and he has to deal with the pressure incumbent upon him. He tries to do everything the best to arouse an impression on a much more experienced and the best players in the world (!) And he's doing great.

It's true that Iniesta sometimes loses the ball while dribbling, as does Messi but it's worth pointing that they are virtually the only 2 players on the team who dribble regularly down the middle of the field.

I'm glad to hear Thiago did well tonight. Some people say he is more xavi than Iniesta and vice versa. He has a bit of Zidane about him for me but ultimately he is carving his own style of play. If he can learn to control games and read the game faster then he will certainly make it for us.

Home of Barca Fans