Thiago Translantara

oz187

Cesc was the best player in the Premier League but then struggled when he came to Barca. Alexis was the best player in Serie A, he's also struggled. The fact that Thiago even fits in at all shows how much quality he has, let alone the flashes of genius he shows multiple times in every game he plays. He makes a few mistakes, but those are perfectly in keeping with his immaturity. How many times does Cesc give the ball away? Or what about Messi(remember Stamford Bridge last season)?

ShandyFFM

With his 21 years he might be better than xavi and iniesta have been... because he benefit so much from the golden generation we currently have . If he stays without injuries he will overcome xavi and iniesta when he has matured the game in a few years... his game plus he brazilian skill makes him he perfekt spanzilian ;-) although i think he deserved to be in the first team of del bosques sqd

Y

Youngie

Cesc was the best player in the Premier League but then struggled when he came to Barca.

Of course. Cesc was playing in a total different system for 8 years (4-3-3 also but no possession play/tiki-taka for instance). Takes time to re-adapt.

Ursegor

World Champion
Mazinho (Thiago's father): "My son would play a lot more in any other team in the world. He’s learning a lot playing with great players but Thiago is very ambitious and needs to play."

"No-one knows what might happen in the future. Football changes a lot and anything can happen. If Thiago wants to go to the 2014 World Cup, he needs to play much more."

"Thiago has the quality to succeed at Barca. But he’d play a lot more at another club. He’d get into any other team in the world."

"I don’t know if Barca are buying more players in the summer. They already have a lot of players who can play in the middle. Also, [his brother] Rafinha will be part of the first team squad next season."

:cesc:

impeh

Hi, its me..
linked with united in the DM, but i hope he stays. He knows hes the future. Seems like his dad just wants him to play at the WC, which is fair enough, hes talented.

Yugi

Thiago is going nowhere, Xavi has like 1 good year in him tbh, than Thiago can unleash his potential

PaCmAn

Like how daily fail edit, forgot to mention how Thiagos father said his son is happy at Barça. Thiago just needs to be patient, he'll definitely be a regular soon enough.

misterplatin

Having too many central midfielders in our squad has reduced Thiago's playing time .Normally a talent like him should be playing more . Offcourse our club benefits from the competition in midfield .

aaron101

Having too many central midfielders in our squad has reduced Thiago's playing time .Normally a talent like him should be playing more . Offcourse our club benefits from the competition in midfield .

They are too afraid to start Thiago and prefers to overplay Xavi. It drains Xavi and it makes the development of Thiago slower. Our coaches are just playing safe. They don't want to gamble.

Y

Youngie

All this talk about Thiago not playing enough? The guy played 40+ times last season and 26+ games this season. He might get Xavi's "spot" in the future if he's good enough.

Y

Youngie

Does Thiago really expect to be a starter ahead of Xavi and Iniesta (leaving Cesc out of the discussion)?

ShandyFFM

Guess its about time he get the chance to shine in he important and big games... thats the main point his father is saying i guess... but to this point xavi still plays he big games instead of thiago

Home of Barca Fans