Thiago Translantara

Stric

Indignado, that's true. I can't see Thiago there. With Iniesta, Cesc, Mata, etc. etc. in the squad, there's no reason to "waste" another squad slot on a direct replacement for Xavi.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Ye the two defensive mids would mean Thiago the centre attacking mid role would be perfect for Thiago. He could play across any of the three attacking mid positions they currently use really.

Actually he (Thiago) has usually/often played in one of the two defensive midfield positions for Spain, so he could play most positions in midfield

XxBradKennedyxX

Spain will have a very strong and experienced squad for 2014 world-cup .

-------------------------------------Villa/Cesc/Llorente--------------------------

-Pedro/Iniesta/Cazorla----------------Xavi/Thiago----------------Silva/Mata/Navas-

------------------Javi Martinez/Alonso-------Busquets---------------------------

-Alba/Monreal---------------Ramos-----------Albiol/Pique------------- Carvajal

-----------------------------Casillas/Valdes/DDG-------------------------------

Azpi, Montoya, Inigo Martinez, Isco, Negredo, Soldado, Arbeloa, Jese, Muniain, Deulofeu, Koke etc on top of that, unbelievable depth of talent.

Anybody know whats happened to paco? he was supposed to be the next big thing from mestalla wasnt he?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Paco didn't evolve much between shining in the u17 to doing well in the u19s... And then he had personal/family issues which probably took a lot of energy from him. He's currently on loan at Getafe.

Kerrybai

Kerrybai: which position do you think Thiago will play for Spain in 2016 (or sooner): the Xavi role or further up the pitch?
Possibly the Xavi role, Spain have an embarrassment of riches though so it won't be easy for him to become a starter.

spark

Spain will have a very strong and experienced squad for 2014 world-cup .

-------------------------------------Villa/Cesc/Llorente--------------------------

-Pedro/Iniesta/Cazorla----------------Xavi/Thiago----------------Silva/Mata/Navas-

------------------Javi Martinez/Alonso-------Busquets---------------------------

-Alba/Monreal---------------Ramos-----------Albiol/Pique------------- Carvajal

-----------------------------Casillas/Valdes/DDG-------------------------------

del Bosque is very conservative. He values team Dynamic over new experiments. Therefore Reina the celebration mascot will probably be going to that world cup ahead of De Gea , right or wrong, its how VdB does it. Isco is now ahead of Thiago who hasnt been called since 2011 and whoever goes out of the two them wont really play anyway if Martinez and Mata rarely get to. When it comes down to crunch time del Bosque goes for tried and tested over experiments. Capdevila had to get ridiculously fat before he was replaced and initially that was with Arbeloa:facepalm: before Alba exploded. In fact he was probably too fat in 2010 but he improved as the tournament went on. You can bet Puyol will be in the squad in 2014 if he is fit and just watch and see Torres will sneak back in the squad come 2014.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thiago: "Goal for next season? I have a contract at Barcelona until 2015, I just go game by game." [sport]

Thiago: "My objective is World Cup? Right now, I just try to help the team to win the Liga and to get to the CL final, that's all." [sport]

While we're here clamming on about his future, Thiago himself has his priorities straight on focusing on what he does right now to improve and integrate himself into the team. Very good attitude to have and this mentality will help him stay on the good side of the coaches and gain their trust.

leon

It's rather unrevealing, but at least that shows his head is in the right place! Hope that he will have plenty of time playing in the rest of the season.

Home of Barca Fans