Thiago Translantara

He played there a lot last year. Do people really have to moan about every single thing? Iniesta for Edmilson. Eff you Rijkaard.

Why not actually play Thiago in his best position and... you know... rest the 33 year old who actually needs that rest?

Now that I think about it, the decision isn't quite as bad as I first thought, but it really should have been Xavi who came off for him.

Stric

It was only a temporary sub and it's not as if he played the entire game or season there. Chill out, brosephs. :)

But I agree, I was also surprised to see Xavi play the entire game.

Keikoku

Cabbage
Tito's new mantra- Convert midfielders to DM to possibly CB

Agree. Considering Messi is number 9 but not number 9 (Striker to midfield), Pedro is winger who did a fullback job (chasing around opposition player), Masch a DM who played CB.
Now we need a CB that can be converted to a GK, possibly Pique :tito:

Kerrybai

Agree. Considering Messi is number 9 but not number 9 (Striker to midfield), Pedro is winger who did a fullback job (chasing around opposition player), Masch a DM who played CB.
Now we need a CB that can be converted to a GK, possibly Pique :tito:

Perhaps Tito is trying to set an example to his players by converting himself into a donkey :lol:

LeoMessi10

he is obviously a defensive midfielder... management :facepalm:
Maybe they had no intention of him playing defensive? If we're dominating the ball and they have nearly no chances a defensive midfielder isn't as important as an offensive one. Maybe they're trying new tactics to break down sturdy defenses? I'm not trying to defend the fact he didn't play at all but maybe they think 3 attacking mids can work when we know we're going to be on the ball alot.

Elite-BkD

Thiago's main weakness this season has been that he's prone to giving the ball away in very silly fashion up to a few times per match.
Defensive mid = less room for error (ask JDS)

Perhaps Thiago getting limited minutes and at such a role had something to do with an attempt to destroy that habit of his.
Of course, that could well be nonsense. Anyhow surely its conceivable that if you got an opportunity to ask Tito about his use of Thiago in the match, he would have a pretty smart answer for you. It's definitely possible, just sayin!

LeoMessi10

Thiago's main weakness this season has been that he's prone to giving the ball away in very silly fashion up to a few times per match.
Defensive mid = less room for error (ask JDS)

Perhaps Thiago getting limited minutes and at such a role had something to do with an attempt to destroy that habit of his.
Of course, that could well be nonsense. Anyhow surely its conceivable that if you got an opportunity to ask Tito about his use of Thiago in the match, he would have a pretty smart answer for you. It's definitely possible, just sayin!
I agree, I think it may have been the Madrid match early this year he gave the ball away countless times which was unbelievably frustrating. I'm sure Tito had a reason or just wanted to get him on the field in general, whether he actually was supposed to play as a defensive midfielder who knows.

Demon17

Maestro
Why can't we play our youngsters?

Montoya, Bartra, Masch, Abidal/Alba, Thiago, Dos Santos, Tello, Deulofeu?

Management is really poor sorry but yes

AntiMadridista

Thiago on the cover of MD in next year's kit. A hint that he's not going anywhere?
heme3ygu.jpg

hadilee666

Thiago on the cover of MD in next year's kit. A hint that he's not going anywhere? *image of thiago in new barca kit although he is clearly underused... management bastards*

I honestly don't know what's their prerogative letting Thiago model the new kit. They give him so little minutes on the field, yet put him there in lights. Mixed signals! They might as well have used Pedro as a model since he's a "La Masia Untouchable"

Home of Barca Fans