Thiago Translantara

Stric

Oooh, so it's no longer a matter of players from La Masia having the advantage. Now we've gone to Catalan players from La Masia. :VdB:

Anyways, letting Thiago leave would be the stupidest possible mistake the club could make. But I wouldn't put it past them. They seem capable of the unimaginable. It almost seems as if Tito and the administration are slowly but surely ruining everything that Barca had been building in the past 5 years or so, from the ground up. Two midfield positions are enough for 4 players to rotate on, especially if one of the mentioned is 33 years old. It can be done easily, but Tito obviously has different plans. I'm having more and more trouble understanding what's going through Tito's head. He's been absolutely clueless in numerous situations.

Ursegor

World Champion
Pep (or rather Hoeneß and Sammer) won't buy any Barca players. Bayern are trying to build their own footballing project with German youth players, not a Barcelona copy. United (wanted him before and desperately need midfielders) and City (Txiki and Soriano) are more likely targets. Possibly Dortmund if Real Madrid buy Gündogan. Oh, yeah. And good old Wenger of course.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Anyways, letting Thiago leave would be the stupidest possible mistake the club could make. But I wouldn't put it past them. They seem capable of the unimaginable. It almost seems as if Tito and the administration are slowly but surely ruining everything that Barca had been building in the past 5 years or so, from the ground up. Two midfield positions are enough for 4 players to rotate on, especially if one of the mentioned is 33 years old. It can be done easily, but Tito obviously has different plans. I'm having more and more trouble understanding what's going through Tito's head. He's been absolutely clueless in numerous situations.

My sentiment exactly. Tito must be a RM spy hell bent on destorying us.

Kerrybai

Tito has been very reluctant with our youngsters, Tello, Thiago, Montoya etc. Bartra only got minutes due to injuries to other players.

The way things are going the only way Thiago will get good playing time is if Xavi/Iniesta get injured.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As for the matter of Thiago's playing time, he should not be having to battle with Cesc for playing time at all. Cesc does not play in the deeper role and every time we've seen Cesc+Iniesta it has been horrible, with little midfield control.

Thiago should be playing Xavi's position and actually get more games than his mentor next season. Save Xavi for most of the bigger games and a decent amount of mid table games, give Thiago a chance in a few big games and the rest of the games Xavi doesn't play.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is so outrageous and sad. If we let such a bright talent and prospect like Thiago leave, what is there to be left? Are we resorting to such short-sighted stupidity of selling young prospects to make a few quick bucks to fill the holes left by paying outrageous amount of money to buy overrated, big-name players? Are we Arsenal? Are we Real Madrid?

And who is going to replace Xavi? Don't tell me it is going to be Cesc.

Rosell and Tito are seriously ruining Barca, big time. :angry:

Cule4life

The Culest
But.....but even if Tito sells Thiago he should get one more season as he was ill #sarcasm
Tito looks like a CIA type RM spy sent to destroy our clubs foundations from within. The lengths to which some people defend him baffles me

It seems to me Rosell only appointed Tito so that he could be the Boards puppet which he is as he's silently watching Rosell waste 50m on Neymar instead of focussing on CB's. Rosell scratches his back as he ignores Tito's innumerable blunders

Last edited:

spark

People going apeshit over yet another random rumor... this'll be a loooong summer. :facepalm:

Its the same thing every year. I mean Puyol was literally just last week. Its almost as if we are addicted to righteous outrage. And thus the medias will keep making more money selling smoke.

Paganinisrvnge

The thing is that it's not that outrageous of a rumor considering the fact that Tito seemed incredibly reluctant to play youth and constantly plays an aging Xavi instead of Thiago. I'll be soooo upset if Thiago or Tello leave....or both. That would be awful. Who do they expect to be in midfield 2 or 3 years from now?

Eetu

Adormit
People going apeshit over yet another random rumor... this'll be a loooong summer. :facepalm:

Its the same thing every year. I mean Puyol was literally just last week. Its almost as if we are addicted to righteous outrage. And thus the medias will keep making more money selling smoke.

+1

Over three months to go.

:hang:

The thing is that it's not that outrageous of a rumor considering the fact that Tito seemed incredibly reluctant to play youth and constantly plays an aging Xavi instead of Thiago. I'll be soooo upset if Thiago or Tello leave....or both. That would be awful. Who do they expect to be in midfield 2 or 3 years from now?

Puyol leaving wasn't that outrageous of a rumor considering his statements about Milan earlier and the mood he seemed to be in. Making up a rumor, that no-one believes even that tiny bit from the start, would be pointless.

Stric

Thiago leaving isn't that far-fetched either, considering his statements and those of his father, so I don't really think we're overreacting about a "random" rumor. Unfortunately, it's proven to be more than random.

Home of Barca Fans