Thiago Translantara

Mr Hulot

Less than a year ago he was on a level above every other player on a Euro final, but according to TwiX he is now past it.

Stric

Xavi has developed this knack of playing at his absolute best in the most important games. The 2nd leg against Milan and the Euro final are perfect examples of this. He just shows up and reminds everyone how incredibly good he is.

JamDav1982

Xavi has developed this knack of playing at his absolute best in the most important games. The 2nd leg against Milan and the Euro final are perfect examples of this. He just shows up and reminds everyone how incredibly good he is.

Not so much this season.

Most big games he has looked off the pace I would say.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Not so much this season.

Most big games he has looked off the pace I would say.
There we go. Thought for a second that I was the only one that have been watching our games this season and noticed this. Being honest and criticising Xavi on this forum is like saying that Beckham was an overrated player on a Manchester United forum. Personal attacks from everyone.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Xavi played well for the first 2-3 months and then fell by the wayside. He just had the one good game vs Milan in the second half. I'm one of the biggest Xavi fanboys on this forum but I can readily admit he has been way below par this season.

He has been reluctant to release through passes for whatever reason and his defensive contributions have dropped dramatically. Even aesthetically, his game has dropped big time.

I don't think he's past it completely but he should obviously be played less. He must also convince Messi to move his ass. Even last season, Messi's movement was outstanding, he was one of the most intelligent forwards in the world in addition to being the most skillful player in the world

Mr Hulot

Other than his footballing qualities, he also looks like an amazing leader on the pitch. He likes to speak to his teammates and he also tried to calm Wakaso, when he went out of his mind. If he stays, he will surely be one of our future captains some day.

BerkeleyBernie

Thiago should get Cesc's minutes, not Xavi's.

+1 You see what Xavi did- the minute he stepped on the pitch today, the tempo went up. Like Thiago, he already knows where to move the ball before receiving it. Everyone else took the ball, sat on in for 2-3 seconds looking for a long through ball, then released it or back passed it under pressure. Xavi may be more conservative with the big hole up front where Messi is walking (until Messi drops back to midfield after about 20 minutes of [deservedly] no service), but he's not "slow." Xavi still thinks quicker than everyone else on the team.

I Wonder

BLN-EnhCQAIjrJF.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans