Thiago Translantara

starman

I can't believe what they did with Thiago...He should have played much more this season. Same goes for Tello. Tito is ruining the team.

starman

He has a lot of clubs interested in him. I think it is inevitable that he is going. Such a damn shame.

I'd be cool with it though if we exercise a buy back clause in a few years time :)

Man...If he goes away there won't be a buy back option, and don't forget he's a little old for buy back. We brought this on ourselves, by not playing 60% of the matches his release clause went down from 90mil to 18mil. VERY AFFORDABLE!

I think bringing in a new coach would convince him to stay. After all, if he leaves, it'll be because of the lack of playing time he got from Tito. This whole situation is just one more reason to sack Tito.

Last edited:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Man...If he goes away there won't be a buy back option, and don't forget he's a little old for buy back. We brought this on ourselves, by not playing 60% of the matches his release clause went down from 90mil to 18mil. VERY AFFORDABLE!
He is 22, so that is not too old for a buy back clause, of which we can use in a few years time where he'll be in his prime to buy him back.

Eetu

Adormit
He is 22, so that is not too old for a buy back clause, of which we can use in a few years time where he'll be in his prime to buy him back.

How do you plan to plant a buyback clause into his contract with next team, if his contract with us is simply bought out?

SwiftGuyver

Personally I just can't understand why Thiago would want to leave now. Yeah sure he would probably be a starter at Man Utd, Man City or Milan next season but he has been patient and loyal up until now and will be a starter at Barca within the next 1-2 seasons and he will be playing behind Messi & Neymar. Why walk away from that to join an inferior project after being so patient and loyal for so long?! I'd understand if this had happened 3-5 years ago but why go now when he is so close to achieving what I assume he's been working towards all this time? Unless it's just all about money and Mazinho getting too involved...

Also I can't understand why Rosell & Co. would be so slack concerning Thiago, he has Brazilian blood and is sponsored by Nike, surely a Rosell wet dream? Especially if he is paired with Neymar over the next 4-5 years!

I'll be surprised if he leaves this summer but I guess stranger things have happened!

starman

Personally I just can't understand why Thiago would want to leave now. Yeah sure he would probably be a starter at Man Utd, Man City or Milan next season but he has been patient and loyal up until now and will be a starter at Barca within the next 1-2 seasons and he will be playing behind Messi & Neymar. Why walk away from that to join an inferior project after being so patient and loyal for so long?! I'd understand if this had happened 3-5 years ago but why go now when he is so close to achieving what I assume he's been working towards all this time? Unless it's just all about money and Mazinho getting too involved...

Also I can't understand why Rosell & Co. would be so slack concerning Thiago, he has Brazilian blood and is sponsored by Nike, surely a Rosell wet dream? Especially if he is paired with Neymar over the next 4-5 years!

I'll be surprised if he leaves this summer but I guess stranger things have happened!

Man...Barcelona's administration are famous of taking stupid decisions. Look at our transfer policy, remember Ibrahimovic and chygrinsky? Bought for a lot of money and eventually sold for cheap. If Rossell wants to save money then he should buy and sell wisely.

Last edited:

Agree with everything tbh. IMO, the club should give Thiago an improved contract if they need to do so to make sure he stays.

MessiDinho10

Vilanova: "Thiago's buyout fee drops? Didn't know the clause, but that's good, we decide on sporting reasons. It's a player I value a lot." (@Barcastuff)

Ridiculous, seriously man. If you value him a lot then you should have played him much more so he doesn't consider to leave.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Vilanova: "Thiago's buyout fee drops? Didn't know the clause, but that's good, we decide on sporting reasons. It's a player I value a lot." (@Barcastuff)

Ridiculous, seriously man. If you value him a lot then you should have played him much more so he doesn't consider to leave.

I've read this quote 10 times now and it still makes no sense to me.

XaviMessiGirl

If it's true that Tito was in the dark about it, it bothers me that our coach didn't know about a clause that lets one of our best young players leave for cheap if he isn't played enough.

MessiDinho10

I've read this quote 10 times now and it still makes no sense to me.

Yes indeed, it doesn't make any f*cking sense. If he decided on sporting reasons, then Thiago should have played instead of Xavi or Cesc, as he was in a better form. Also, if he really didn't know about that clause (which I doubt) the management is more stupid than we could ever have imagined.

Home of Barca Fans