Thiago Translantara

i_bleed_blaugrana

Kids been oozing class for ages man, he's shown flashes of this sort of class on the big stage as well.

Last year his game against Milan in the groups was fantastic and if he can find consistency, something he has lacked until very recently, Xavi's days are numbered sadly. What we are seeing now with his boss performances in U-21 is what he's gonna look like in his prime, 3-4 years from now.

Any news on him?

Stric

Brazilian is not a language :p He speaks portuguese, as all the brazilian people.

Butthurt much, aren't we? He said Brazilian Portuguese, BTW. As opposed to the European variant of Portuguese, or those of Lusophone Africa, Macau, etc.

Irish_Cules

In his first two seasons with the first team, Thiago played 81 Barcelona games. Xavi played 58 in his first two seasons, Iniesta 26 [via as]

That's an interesting stat. I think it shows how much Thiago has impressed early on in his career that we are crying out for him to play more than he is.

ShandyFFM

yes but he didnt start in the big games.. it was always iniesta busi xavi when they were fit . expect the 1:2 loss in the camp nou against madrid

i remember him in the pre season when he was in a superb form and everything he touched became gold against bayern and manu

Zuess99

Just for interest sake , do la masia guys finish high school? And do you guys think its important for these guys to learn english? I mean ive wanted messi to learn english but realised he wount really need it ?

Diogo28

Butthurt much, aren't we? He said Brazilian Portuguese, BTW. As opposed to the European variant of Portuguese, or those of Lusophone Africa, Macau, etc.

Nop, just stating a fact and not trying to be an ass like you in that reply.

Mr Hulot

In his first two seasons with the first team, Thiago played 81 Barcelona games. Xavi played 58 in his first two seasons, Iniesta 26 [via as]

That's an interesting stat. I think it shows how much Thiago has impressed early on in his career that we are crying out for him to play more than he is.

This is a misleading stat, carefully crafted to prove a specific point. Thiago was listed until last year as a Barca B player, but he made his debut in the 2008/09 season, where he played only one game. He also played two games the following 2009/2010 season. So I could say that he only played 3 games in his first two seasons. In his third season he played 16 games.
Also, Xavi and Iniesta were 18 when they made their debut. Thiago is 22.

F

Flavia

Nop, just stating a fact and not trying to be an ass like you in that reply.

Well, br portuguese is a little different from portugal's. There's a lot of different usage for words, expressions, etc.

Paganinisrvnge

I feel like Xavi's obsession with playing as much as he used to + the purchase of Fabregas could be what forces out Thiago.

My ideal scenario would be:

1. Reduce Xavi's minutes by a good amount and give them to Thiago. By this I mean all copa matches, 40 to 50% of La Liga matches, and any Champions League group stage matches where the group is already won should be started by Thiago. He should also be used as a sub a bit more often.

2. Alternate Cesc with Iniesta to keep them both fresh.

3. Give Cesc starts at False 9 in copa matches(except the last few rounds if we face tough opponents) and sub him on for Messi to rest Messi in matches that are already won. By this I mean at like the 65th or 70th minute. Not like Tito's 87th minute subs. :tito:

With all these adjustments, everyone is rested and gets a good amount of minutes. Xavi is fresh, Thiago develops, Cesc gets minutes, Iniesta and Messi are fresh.

XaviMessiGirl

Just for interest sake , do la masia guys finish high school? And do you guys think its important for these guys to learn english? I mean ive wanted messi to learn english but realised he wount really need it ?

My friend in Barcelona was in the same uni course as Fontas once :p so I think at least some of them complete an education & even get degrees.

raskolnikov

Its the smart thing to do, what if you get injured very early? They dont need English but then again if they did spoke it you can communicate with a big part of the world

Home of Barca Fans