Thiago Translantara

More frustrated than sad mate, ive gone from being very excited about this player to being almost completely fed up and uninterested about the whole thing, if he came out tomorrow and said he was staying id genuinely prefer that now to another month of this rubbish, plus we United fans are used to losing out on these types of signings so were well drilled unfortunately, it always had that ring of too good to be true about it from the very start.

Yup Pogba was a near identical situation, worse in the sense we lost him for nothing but not as bad in the sense hes not half the player Thiago is hence wasn't or wouldn't be as big a loss, so it kind of balances itself out, i dont think Thiagos anywhere near as big an arse as Pogba though, Pogba and his advisers are complete ****

I feel sorry for Barca fans absolutely, hence my above comment about wanting it over for all our sakes, its probably a lot worse for you guys as hes already your player.

I think Pogba is quality. He might not be thiago b.c he was never surrounded by the quality players that Thiago has always been surrounded by ( both in spain and barca which have similar game style as well). All i know is that this shouldn't take more than 3 weeks. Thiago has a low buyout clause until july I believe. now it's the time, so if united will get him, it shouldn't take that long. i really don't think there shouldn't be an agreement simply b.c thiago wants to include a clause. And just to give you a heads up, Thiago and specially his dad are always looking for ways to improve contracts and will even threaten the club to get what they want. Expect his dad to say something clever every year just so he can get his son a better contract and more money. In a way, I'm happy barca will not longer deal with that anymore. just a heads up.

Will you stay here after the transfer is done?

As long as im still welcome i fully intend to, im not going to deny i originally joined up to talk about this player but ive enjoyed posting on here and unless im told im no longer welcome ill continue posting, as long as im still alive of course!

Theres a lot of good people on here, one of the friendliest forums ive ever posted on.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Just want a decision one way or another soon mate, then we can all move on and accept whats going to happen, i was confident about us getting him but im really doubting it now, id much rather he stayed at Barca than left for another club though, losing out to him because he stayed at Barca i could understand and tolerate and kind of always expected, losing him to another buying club would seriously piss me off after all this.

Understood. In my opinion things really haven't changed that much in the last several weeks: Thiago wants more playing time among other things (payraise etc.) --> Barca wouldn't commit --> Thiago and his agents talked to ManU and had some sort of agreement --> Thiago wanted to talk to Barca for one last time --> Thiago wanted ManU to put it on paper (release clause tied to playing time) that he will be a starter, something like that --> Meanwhile media reports of Pep and Anchelotti expressing interests flying around, blah blah blah...

Like I said, Barca will not and can't guarantee his playing time next season, period. Thiago is not a die-hard Barca player, so why would he stay at Barca if Barca's position hasn't changed much? And why would he go to Bayern? Just to meet up with Pep, knowing that he would be competing with Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Kroos, Götze, Shaqiri and Luis Gustavo? He'd be guts if he decides to go to Bayern. Real Madrid? They've got Xabi Alonso, Özil, Modric, Isco, Kaka, Khedira ahead of him already. And I doubt he would risk Barca fans' full wrath to go to RM.

Unless something so dramatic, so messed up or so miraculous (from our point of view) happens, he will go to Manchester United. Go to bed and sleep tight, my friend. ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As long as im still welcome i fully intend to, im not going to deny i originally joined up to talk about this player but ive enjoyed posting on here and unless im told im no longer welcome ill continue posting, as long as im still alive of course!

Theres a lot of good people on here, one of the friendliest forums ive ever posted on.

Of course you are welcome to stay here! Just don't be offended by the meltdown and some of us (like me, :lol:) cursing him to death and wishing him breaking his legs while playing at Stamford Bridge, when that moment that you have been waiting for finally happens. :lol:

I think Pogba is quality. He might not be thiago b.c he was never surrounded by the quality players that Thiago has always been surrounded by ( both in spain and barca which have similar game style as well). All i know is that this shouldn't take more than 3 weeks. Thiago has a low buyout clause until july I believe. now it's the time, so if united will get him, it shouldn't take that long. i really don't think there shouldn't be an agreement simply b.c thiago wants to include a clause. And just to give you a heads up, Thiago and specially his dad are always looking for ways to improve contracts and will even threaten the club to get what they want. Expect his dad to say something clever every year just so he can get his son a better contract and more money. In a way, I'm happy barca will not longer deal with that anymore. just a heads up.

I think my views on Pogba are somewhat clouded due to my displeasure of how he both left the club and handled the siltation, he showed us as a club no respect and even worse he showed one of the greatest managers the games ever had no respect either, that to me is unforgivable, hes also since mouthed off about us in less than flattering ways, i just dont like the kid and his agent Riola is a complete douchebag so i wish them nothing but failure, plus Pogba never played in the United first team so i wasn't able to judge him that well and havnt had the slightest interest to follow his career at Juventus, Thiagos played 100 times for Barcelona and forced his way into a midfield containing some of the best players of all time, Pogba wasnt getting into a United midfield that contained the likes of Cleveley, Anderson, a Fletcher with the shits (poor bloke) a 40 year old giggs and a once retired bought back to life Scholes, now whether that was a true reflection of his ability probably not but even so hes shown far less than Thiago has in far easier conditions to get games.

I agree and see what you mean regarding yourself and barca fans in general with the player, he could easily not have burn bridges as such but made his life a lot more difficult even if he does stay at Barca after all this, the fans much like us with Rooney will be aware hes spoken of discontent twice now in as many years and that never sits well with fans, plus as you say his dads a bit of a loud mouth and not the easiest to deal with, im sure United officials are already finding that out.

Understood. In my opinion things really haven't changed that much in the last several weeks: Thiago wants more playing time among other things (payraise etc.) --> Barca wouldn't commit --> Thiago and his agents talked to ManU and had some sort of agreement --> Thiago wanted to talk to Barca for one last time --> Thiago wanted ManU to put it on paper (release clause tied to playing time) that he will be a starter, something like that --> Meanwhile media reports of Pep and Anchelotti expressing interests flying around, blah blah blah...

Like I said, Barca will not and can't guarantee his playing time next season, period. Thiago is not a die-hard Barca player, so why would he stay at Barca if Barca's position hasn't changed much? And why would he go to Bayern? Just to meet up with Pep, knowing that he would be competing with Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez, Kroos, Götze, Shaqiri and Luis Gustavo? He'd be guts if he decides to go to Bayern. Real Madrid? They've got Xabi Alonso, Özil, Modric, Isco, Kaka, Khedira ahead of him already. And I doubt he would risk Barca fans' full wrath to go to RM.

Unless something so dramatic, so messed up or so miraculous (from our point of view) happens, he will go to Manchester United. Go to bed and sleep tight, my friend. ;)

I suddenly feel so much better after reading this, why cant you write for MD! youd also make sense unlike MD right now!

Good to hear, good to hear.

Always nice to see a fellow De Gea fan ;)

Who dosnt love De gea i mean seriously? cracking keeper sporting a cracking beard with a love for Doughnuts via legal method or hostile, what a guy!

Of course you are welcome to stay here! Just don't be offended by the meltdown and some of us (like me, :lol:) cursing him to death and wishing him breaking his legs while playing at Stamford Bridge, when that moment that you have been waiting for finally happens. :lol:

Hahaha well i would totally understand ive had very similar thoughts about a certain Paul Pogba although not quite as friendly!

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Who dosnt love De gea i mean seriously?

A lot of people don't rate him actually, it makes no sense to me. In my opinion, he was the best GK in the world last season. I would gladly take a Thiago-De Gea swap deal, I have to say.

A lot of people don't rate him actually, it makes no sense to me. In my opinion, he was the best GK in the world last season. I would gladly take a Thiago-De Gea swap deal, I have to say.

Really?? to be honest scroll back even 6 months and outside of United fans most of England had a huge downer on De Gea (England fans are very thick though this is true) not helped by no nothing prats like Jamie Redknapp spewing his bile on sky sports every other sunday about how weak he was, he was seriously underrated, he ended up being voted in the PL team of the season remarkably! not just by the players but also the media, a media thats nothing short of crucified him for 18 months previous lol, its an amazing turnaround really as now even rival fans who hate United admit De Gea is quality, for a 22 year old hes incredible and we're so lucky to have him, he seems a really top bloke to.

It shows how highly i rate him when i would genuinely not take the above swap, even though our midfield is desperately short of quality and Thiago has become my dream signing i wouldn't trade Doughnut boy for anyone, id sooner trade Rooney, in fact just take Rooney anyway! for the cost of a (bad) hair transplant hes yours!

Home of Barca Fans