Thiago Translantara

mixer

Thiago Alcantara is set to stay at Barcelona. Will renew his contract and his salary will be doubled

I dunno the source but it's probably fake

Martindn

Thiago Alcantara is set to stay at Barcelona. Will renew his contract and his salary will be doubled

I dunno the source but it's probably fake

Wish they would make up there mind, a week ago barca was not giving him a contract renewal, a month ago he was up for sale.

I just cant see them renewing it, it goes back up on august 1st and if they renew it because of that fuck up then its a big sign of weakness. Whatever happens this better not be deadline day antics, just make a decision already.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
All seems to be a false rumour by AS, about Thiago renewing. They deleted the article on their website, it seems...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
It was MD that posted that rumour about him being close to renewing.

Look at this twitter account: https://twitter.com/RafaelH117

'Thiago is a little closer to renew his contract with Barcelona, club alledgelly offered a renewal doubling his salary & more years. [md]'

'Seems As removed the article or people falsifying information again, false alarm.'

'Thiago Alcantara renewing with Barcelona according to As is a fabricated twitter rumor, retweet please.'

'People mirrored what MD reported and said As was responsible. Sorry, I really dropped the ball on this one, no excuses.'

'Thiago isn’t any closer to renewing, nothing changed in the last few days'

catalan force

This a side low article regarding buyout clauses and how they work. Here in case of Aguero.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/01/29/atletico.buyouts/index.html

''The other factor that's significant is that the buyout clause is a Spanish agreement. When it comes to international transfers -- to bids from aboard like the one supposedly from Chelsea -- it is irrelevant. Except as a symbolic price, a reference point from which you can negotiate.''

This has been taken from this article. Does that mean that this 18mill buyout clause of Thiago isn't applicable if Utd is bidding for him?
I am confused now with this buyout thing being different in spain. Can someone shed some light on it and clear up?

Martindn

This a side low article regarding buyout clauses and how they work. Here in case of Aguero.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sid_lowe/01/29/atletico.buyouts/index.html

''The other factor that's significant is that the buyout clause is a Spanish agreement. When it comes to international transfers -- to bids from aboard like the one supposedly from Chelsea -- it is irrelevant. Except as a symbolic price, a reference point from which you can negotiate.''

This has been taken from this article. Does that mean that this 18mill buyout clause of Thiago isn't applicable if Utd is bidding for him?
I am confused now with this buyout thing being different in spain. Can someone shed some light on it and clear up?

I understand it to be that it applies, but with tax in both countries to be paid. But then Bayern got Martinez for the close with no tax, its a lot of red tape and laws with contracts, who knows how the hell it actually works :lol:

Whats irrelevant about it is that its still up to the player anyway, which signs point to him wanting to stay.

I understand it to be that it applies, but with tax in both countries to be paid. But then Bayern got Martinez for the close with no tax, its a lot of red tape and laws with contracts, who knows how the hell it actually works :lol:

Whats irrelevant about it is that its still up to the player anyway, which signs point to him wanting to stay.

To be honest they dont really, all thats really based on is a MD journo on twitter (with less than 700 followers) saying hes closer to staying than he was a week ago due to a supposed new contract being on the table (something rather laughably a separate MD journo then completely rubbished about 2 hours later saying the complete opposite of no deal being offered, that and a fabricated completely made up AS quote that did the rounds on twitter this morning thats since been rubbished and shown to be fake, its only because a lot of United fans are used to missing out on these deals that anything remotely negative regardless of source is generally accepted as true and anything positive (of which there is more than the negative) is ignored or at best remained sceptical about until something negative replaces it to worry about, weve heard absolutely nothing negative from any reputable source as of yet, all the better ones are and have been saying Thiagos leaving, Barca expect this and United are the likeliest destination, sources for this include Hunter, Domenech, local spanish papers etc, not infallible sources no, but the best weve got and certainly better than random twitter ramblings.

Theres nothing concrete either way (unless you can point me to something ive missed?) the situation hasnt seemingly moved from a week ago, we met Mazinho and Thiagos agent, all noises coming out of that meeting were positive or at least thats how EVERYONE reported it, the next move was then to tell Barcelona face to face he wanted to leave, something he hasnt yet done mainly due to being on holiday in the med somewhere which is why everythings gone quiet, when he gets back this will move on, until then its random twitter people and newspapers saying one thing then another with little to no reliability.

spark

To be honest they dont really, all thats really based on is a MD journo on twitter (with less than 700 followers) saying hes closer to staying than he was a week ago due to a supposed new contract being on the table (something rather laughably a separate MD journo then completely rubbished about 2 hours later saying the complete opposite of no deal being offered, that and a fabricated completely made up AS quote that did the rounds on twitter this morning thats since been rubbished and shown to be fake, its only because a lot of United fans are used to missing out on these deals that anything remotely negative regardless of source is generally accepted as true and anything positive (of which there is more than the negative) is ignored or at best remained sceptical about until something negative replaces it to worry about, weve heard absolutely nothing negative from any reputable source as of yet, all the better ones are and have been saying Thiagos leaving, Barca expect this and United are the likeliest destination, sources for this include Hunter, Domenech, local spanish papers etc, not infallible sources no, but the best weve got and certainly better than random twitter ramblings.

Theres nothing concrete either way (unless you can point me to something ive missed?) the situation hasnt seemingly moved from a week ago, we met Mazinho and Thiagos agent, all noises coming out of that meeting were positive or at least thats how EVERYONE reported it, the next move was then to tell Barcelona face to face he wanted to leave, something he hasnt yet done mainly due to being on holiday in the med somewhere which is why everythings gone quiet, when he gets back this will move on, until then its random twitter people and newspapers saying one thing then another with little to no reliability.

MD writers are not consensus writers so just because one journalist says something different to the other doesnt mean its 'rubbished' one way or the other. Some were certain Valdes would renew his contract. One or two filtered that he would not. Puyol was heading to Milan because he was upset over not playing a quarterfinal :)rolleyes:). One journalist among all the noise said that Puyol had cut all journalists from his circle except for one or two and in the absence of any real info over his surgery the rest had resorted to spinning tales.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130628/opinion/sin-noticias-ni-aclaraciones_54377044890.html

Here we have one crying about the fact that Barca doesnt leak anything related to transfers or health anymore . I mean how dare they not tell the papers that revealed with pictures a secret meeting at a hotel between Laporta Txiki and Villa on their front pages that resulted in Valencia threatening to report FCB to Fifa. Their president Llorente then didnt budge from his 50 million asking price and Barca went back and signed Ibra

MD writers are not consensus writers so just because one journalist says something different to the other doesnt mean its 'rubbished' one way or the other. Some were certain Valdes would renew his contract. One or two filtered that he would not. Puyol was heading to Milan because he was upset over not playing a quarterfinal :)rolleyes:). One journalist among all the noise said that Puyol had cut all journalists from his circle except for one or two and in the absence of any real info over his surgery the rest had resorted to spinning tales.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130628/opinion/sin-noticias-ni-aclaraciones_54377044890.html

Here we have one crying about the fact that Barca doesnt leak anything related to transfers or health anymore . I mean how dare they not tell the papers that revealed with pictures a secret meeting at a hotel between Laporta Txiki and Villa on their front pages that resulted in Valencia threatening to report FCB to Fifa. Their president Llorente then didnt budge from his 50 million asking price and Barca went back and signed Ibra

Yes, your agreeing with my point in essence, the fact that no one really has a clue whats going on and certainly not MD at the moment, their scatter gun approach to this whole topic shows they havnt the foggiest whats happening hence their cover all bases reporting.

All i was saying was the majority of the better more respected or even well placed journalists seem to be of the view Thiagos closer to out than in, but thats not to be taken as fact, neither is one journalists opinion over another, last night you had 2 separate writers for MD reporting the complete opposite within the space of a few hours, which one of them is right? do either of them even know? given what youve just said its highly likely neither of them have a clue, that was what i was trying to point out, theres no point taking anything these people say with any reliability until we hear something from the main parties involved, which we wont until Thiago gets back from holiday, whens that? anyones guess.

Home of Barca Fans