Thiago Translantara

Irish_Cules

It's all up in the air still but if he stays then he has cleverly raised his profile with this whole saga. Now the whole footballing world is aware of Thiago's situation at Barcelona and there will be more pressure to play him next season. This season cules were wondering whether Thiago was going to come on in a match or start. If he stays, then your average football fan will be wondering if Thiago will play when they are tuning in to watch Barca. Whether this will make much of a difference in Tito's decision making is yet to be seen but he will be under a lot more pressure next season to play Thiago if he does end up staying.

well players dont have to headlessly love club, thats not how it works in modern football...he wants more playing time and I agree he should get more, he surely is not that big money whore as other players....remember Figo leaving? that was money whoring

I haven't talked about love for the club at all. I do believe that players can be professionals without loving a club ( and that's enough for me). I'm talking about wanting to be here, I'm talking about being committed to the club. tello had offers from other teams, but he has decided to stay b.c he wants to be here and play for barca. That's what i'm talking about. If you want playing time, wouldn't it make sense for the player to go on loan? why then must he be sold? b.c money is the most important aspect here.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
so you don't actually believe that Thiago ever wanted to leave? it was all a lie? :ohmy:

I don't know what to believe at this point, for all we know it could have been blown out of proportion and MD and Sport and done that all before, although I think the pic he posted is hope to hang on to.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I haven't talked about love for the club at all. I do believe that players can be professionals without loving a club ( and that's enough for me). I'm talking about wanting to be here, I'm talking about being committed to the club. tello had offers from other teams, but he has decided to stay b.c he wants to be here and play for barca. That's what i'm talking about. If you want playing time, wouldn't it make sense for the player to go on loan? why then must he be sold? b.c money is the most important aspect here.

This is no time in a career to go out on loan. Whatever decision that'd be made should be a permanent one, not desperately clinging to both sides for it to end up not working out either way and then ultimately posing a true threat to his career. Loaning is far from the best option right now. He needs to buckle down at a long term club and choose whether he wants that to be starting at Barcelona within 1-2 years or at United now. I wouldn't blame him if he decides to stay or leave, but a loan is just a stupid mistake to make for a player like him.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
If he stays, in the end this is what happened:

- Rafinha renews contract (with probably more salary)
- Thiago renews contract (with probably more salary)
- Mazinho most probably got a bucketload of cash as official representative of both.

If that's what's true: Well played Mazinho, well played.

I hate you.

Duke

Is it really important who hed be playing ahead of or more important how he actually played given the chance?

Hes not going to be given the chance to displace Xavi, your managers already told him this by all accounts, he would probably be rotated more for the lesser games when Xavi needed a rest etc but for the big glamour matches he wont be playing, this idea of staying to fight for his place and prove hes good enough falls down immediately because everyone knows its not an option, Xavi isnt Competing for any position, hes an automatic starter, he owns a starting plac and deservedly so mans a legend and one of your key players, theres nothing Thiagos going to do to push Xavi to the bench for the big games, which is why Vilanova has told Thiago to be patient, because he cant give him the games ahead of Xavi.

listen, Thiago missed many games due him being part of the Olympic Squad and then injuries, once he was ready and fit, Tito did play him and did rotate the squad almost every week until he went away for his medical treatment. Roura wasn't the manager who can be daring about rotating the squad facing big teams in Feb and March. So all that crap him not playing is all due to circumstances, Tito wasn't even there half of the season. Saying that, Xavi is 33 and going into 34, naturally he won't be playing that much this coming season and more next season. Thiago can be starting ahead of Xavi 14/15 season and will be given more minutes this coming season 13/14. Why he has to take a risk going to a new club, in a new league and new coach who is yet to prove his managerial place in United? I think it's a big mistake and lack of using basic logic to analys the situation. Some bad influence from others especially his father who is a socio path by thinking that taking risk on his son's future by sending him to totally unknown environment will guarantee his son spot at Spanish NT next year. Well, you are talking about Xavi, Iniesta, Mata, Silva, Fabregas, Cazorla and all others ahead of him. Mission is impossible my friend.

hardyboy

Thiago Alcantara ‏@Thi_Alcantara91 14h
I ❤Barcelona

Thiago.jpg

Thiago Alcantara ‏@Thi_Alcantara91 14h
I ❤Barcelona
is this a hint that he is staying?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Thiago Alcantara has a high opinion of himself. Barca wouldn't miss him. There are dozens of top class midfielders at his level throughout world football. Except Barca fans stupidly believe only la masia products can play football. Use the cash from Thiago to improve the defence as there is a definite lack of top class centre backs in world football. I can name 30 midfielders that are either on the same level as Thiago or definitely will be. So in 2-3 years time when you need a midfielder just buy one of them.

mixer

Thiago Alcantara has a high opinion of himself. Barca wouldn't miss him. There are dozens of top class midfielders at his level throughout world football. Except Barca fans stupidly believe only la masia products can play football. Use the cash from Thiago to improve the defence as there is a definite lack of top class centre backs in world football. I can name 30 midfielders that are either on the same level as Thiago or definitely will be. So in 2-3 years time when you need a midfielder just buy one of them.
yeah I won't miss him if we get Eriksen or some1

Home of Barca Fans