Thiago Translantara

I

instinct

The board has so far shown the exact opposite. I fear for the future of the club.

I'm really sad to agree with you.

After the bayern defeat, everyone thinks that Barca is still on top of the world, but I'm afraid if we are on top next season? The La Liga title is important for the players because you have to show consistence there but IMO the Champions League is the most important competition. Teams like Bayern, Real and ManU are so much better than they were a few years ago and I have the feel that we are getting weaker. We sold Villa for nothing, we will sell Thiago (probably), our most promising talent. Xavi gets weaker and weaker, our defence is one of the weakest, compared to teams like Bayern or Real. Puyol gets older and older..

I have a bad feeling, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Let's hope for the best.

The transfer window has not been a disaster by any means, Villa was always going to leave but the price is pitiful. I hoped with sales of Villa, Jona, Fontas, Bojan Afellay etc we could make an extra 20million but have ended up with almost nothing. There is still a month or so until the start of the season so there is plenty of time for Zubi and Rosell to get the players we need.

This is a big summer and could set a trend for the next few years so lets hope the board know what they are doing

It could be a disaster if Thiago leaves.

And so far, the board has shown the exact opposite, as Stric said.

However, I'm not too pissed about the Neymar signing, in fact, I think he could become a great player for us (I don't like the price, but at least it's over 3 years so it won't affect this year's budget that much), especially after his performance at the confeds. Despite my little faith in management, I think it'll be a good window if we keep Thiago and get Silva (unlikely) or Marquinhos.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It could be a disaster if Thiago leaves.

And so far, the board has shown the exact opposite, as Stric said. It will be a good window if we keep Thiago and get Silva (unlikely) or Marquinhos though.

How would it be a disaster?

The chances of keeping Thiago and getting Marquinhos or Silva are virtually nil. There is not a bottomless pit of money.

Thiago leaves and we get a mediocre CB like Agger. Or even worse, no CB at all. Sounds like a disaster to me. And I wouldn't put it past our dumbass management for something like that to happen (ok, maybe not no CB, I think that's a level of stupidity beyond even that of our management).

Still, somehow I'm more optimistic about this window than I might seem. But we really need to keep Thiago, as I've said before.

Last edited:

Meitux

I'm really sad to agree with you.

After the bayern defeat, everyone thinks that Barca is still on top of the world, but I'm afraid if we are on top next season? The La Liga title is important for the players because you have to show consistence there but IMO the Champions League is the most important competition. Teams like Bayern, Real and ManU are so much better than they were a few years ago and I have the feel that we are getting weaker. We sold Villa for nothing, we will sell Thiago (probably), our most promising talent. Xavi gets weaker and weaker, our defence is one of the weakest, compared to teams like Bayern or Real. Puyol gets older and older..

I have a bad feeling, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Let's hope for the best.
I dont think we will take champions leauge anytime soon if we continue this way.We need to be refreshed in tactics and gameplay besides of adding some players.Continue with the same old style that is starting to be unsuccesfull anymore isnt the best way,and there are big examples of games like Chelsea,Milan,Bayern that we really only passed the ball around.To me it feels like when it was Rijkaard and then came big changes,maybe there should be if we want to be on the top again

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Thiago leaves and we get a mediocre CB like Agger. Sounds like a disaster to me. And I wouldn't put it past our dumbass board for something like that to happen.

Still, somehow I'm more optimistic about this window than I might seem.

So Thiago leaves but it allows the transfer of Silva/Marquinhos would you not be happy with that?

It would be a better balanced squad no doubt.

I

instinct

The chances of keeping Thiago and getting Marquinhos or Silva are virtually nil. There is not a bottomless pit of money.

Further, getting Silva or Marquinhos won't solve our problems in the defence. The tactis we used were an important factor of this poor defence. One long ball and the opponent is alone in front of the goal. One cross and the opponent stands alone in front of the goal. Silva or Marquinhos would add much more quality in our defence but to use them correctly is the part, Tito has to do and I'm afraid that this mission is too big for him.

JamDav1982

I dont think we will take champions leauge anytime soon if we continue this way.We need to be refreshed in tactics and gameplay besides of adding some players.Continue with the same old style that is starting to be unsuccesfull anymore isnt the best way,and there are big examples of games like Chelsea,Milan,Bayern that we really only passed the ball around.To me it feels like when it was Rijkaard here and maybe we need big changes to be on the top again

Changes are being made.

Neymar being signed and the desire to sign a new CB are evidence of it.

JamDav1982

Further, getting Silva or Marquinhos won't solve our problems in the defence. The tactis we used were an important factor of this poor defence. One long ball and the opponent is alone in front of the goal. One cross and the opponent stands alone in front of the goal. Silva or Marquinhos would add much more quality in our defence but to use them correctly is the part, Tito has to do and I'm afraid that this mission is too big for him.

A new CB is needed and other changes.

Lets wait and see what changes.

So Thiago leaves but it allows the transfer of Silva/Marquinhos would you not be happy with that?

It would be a better balanced squad no doubt.

We don't need to sell Thiago to get Marquinhos. We should have about 40m in our transfer budget. The Neymar money's being paid over 3 years, and 10m was paid beforehand. So 47/3 = 16. 50-16 = 34. We got 6m from selling Fontas and Villa. So that's 40. Enough to get Marquinhos. Maybe even Silva, though I doubt it.

Meitux

We don't need to sell Thiago to get Marquinhos. We should have about 40m in our transfer budget. The Neymar money's being paid over 3 years, and 10m was paid beforehand. So 47/3 = 16. 50-16 = 34. We got 6m from selling Fontas and Villa. So that's 40. Enough to get Marquinhos. Maybe even Silva, though I doubt it.
40 for Marquinhos are way too much when at the same moment you offering it for the best CB in the world.Marquinhos shouldnt be more than 25

40 for Marquinhos are way too much when at the same moment you offering it for the best CB in the world.Marquinhos shouldnt be more than 25

Never said Marquinhos will cost 40. Just saying 40 is definitely enough. He'll probably cost about 30 (yes, it's expensive, but I wouldn't mind us paying that much).

JamDav1982

Anyways, if selling Thiago allows us to get Silva instead of Marquinhos, I'd rather just get Marquinhos and, you know, keep the guy who's the future of our midfield...

Got 2m from selling Villa.

Home of Barca Fans