Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He has gone for Thiago the moment he has seemed unsettled.

Is it Guardiolas fault that he is not happy? No

Does it show that Barcelona are now just another club to Pep and he will try and persuade players the best thing is for them to leave? Yes.

He no longer has any ties to Barcelona and people need to accept it.

His priority now is himself and Bayern.

He's not targeting Barca or specifically trying to persuade Barca players to leave the club. They aren't "just another club" to him, but he's not gonna bust his ass to feel pity on the club and think about them with every decision he makes while he's at Bayern. Some people make him out to be some kind of cold hearted traitor but really he's just handling all of this (his choice to leave, to join Bayern, possibly to sign Thiago) with utmost professionalism while fans take it as a personal offense.

L

Learo

I don't get it, we have failed to address our midfield problem since our last champions league win. It's been 4 seasons now were our midfield has been absolutely average. Some mid table teams in England have a better central midfield than Manchester United. Can you believe that? It's useless to sign every winger and striker out there if you can't get a decent midfield. We will never see the European cup again unless we address this problem. Thiago was the perfect solution, a perfect fit and somehow we fucked it up.

i think you dodged a bullet to be honest. still its only a rumour.

JamDav1982

He's not targeting Barca or specifically trying to persuade Barca players to leave the club. They aren't "just another club" to him, but he's not gonna bust his ass to feel pity on the club and think about them with every decision he makes while he's at Bayern. Some people make him out to be some kind of cold hearted traitor but really he's just handling all of this (his choice to leave, to join Bayern, possibly to sign Thiago) with utmost professionalism while fans take it as a personal offense.

I never claimed he was targeting Barcelona players specifically - but he has targeted Barca staff and Thiago the first player that had a chance of persuading to join him.

He knows he is a pull for the players and staff of Barcelona and he will act on it given the opportunity.

As he should.

If Thiago goes, then he and the staff taken have seen Pep raid Barcelona of employees more than any other club.

He does not care for Barcelona more than any other club.

Caramel

Thiago alcantara is ridiculously overrated. He's good but some people are acting like he's some kind of genius.
No.
Let him go if he's unhappy.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I never claimed he was targeting Barcelona players specifically - but he has targeted Barca staff and Thiago the first player that had a chance of persuading to join him.

He knows he is a pull for the players and staff of Barcelona and he will act on it given the opportunity.

As he should.

If Thiago goes, then he and the staff taken have seen Pep raid Barcelona of employees more than any other club.

He does not care for Barcelona more than any other club.

TBH the staff thing really was more about him needing help at Bayern, being the new guy he obviously wanted some familiar faces who spoke his native language with him. He trusted them and asked them to join, they accepted.

As for Thiago he isn't exactly just using his "Pep influence" to lure him to the club, just seeing the opportunity to have one of his previous players work with him. He's always liked Thiago, and considering that he's unhappy at Barcelona, Pep probably was pleased with the idea of having one of his favored players in his new project. All of this is under the assumption that the 90% unreliable rumor is true.

F

Flavia

Why are people assuming the bayern rumor is true? It's not even a new one, better wait.

Players wouldn't mean jack shit if you don't know how to use them :lol: You're even forgetting that most of the players you are talking about (Iniesta, Messi, Xavi) weren't nearly as good until Pep got the best out of them.

Yet the team was better last year than Pep's last season. Is Pep responsible for Spain's success too? Xavi and Iniesta had already led Spain to a Euro Championship before he coached.

I don't think he was a bad coach, but he was a lucky one who is very overrated.

Guardiolas time at the club was phenomenal and he was the biggest part of that and revolutionised football. Surely you can see that?

To start saying anything else makes you sound bitter and jealous that he is elsewhere.

It was a great time but he wasn't the biggest part of it.

I am bitter though, admittedly. His best season was his first when the tactical changes were small. He pushed this "revolution" too far but left the club when it started to unravel.

Yet the team was better last year than Pep's last season. Is Pep responsible for Spain's success too? Xavi and Iniesta had already led Spain to a Euro Championship before he coached.

Spain don't have as much competition at Barca. Winning a CL is tougher than winning a world cup or euro. IMO, at least.

And no, the team was not better than Pep's last season. We did not get outplayed and humiliated in most big games in Pep's last season.

Last edited:
Spain don't have as much competition at Barca. Winning a CL is tougher than winning a world cup or euro. IMO, at least.

And no, the team was not better than Pep's last season. We did not get humiliated in most big games in Pep's last season.

Meh. I was more humiliated by having his poor tactics and lack of a plan B making us go out against Chelsea. I wasn't too embarrassed about getting beat by a clearly superior team like Bayern, regardless of the score. Maybe that is just me though.

At least we won the league and won it well.

abual3bed1

Meh. I was more humiliated by having his poor tactics and lack of a plan B making us go out against Chelsea. I wasn't too embarrassed about getting beat by a clearly superior team like Bayern, regardless of the score. Maybe that is just me though.

At least we won the league and won it well.

Pep didn't have a plan b, Tito doesn't have a plan to begin with.

We dominated Chelsea and were unlucky not to go through, but got absolutely humiliated by Bayern. I'm sure we wouldn't have been humiliated by Bayern under Pep, even in his last season. Even if we did lose, it certainly wouldn't have been by 7 goals.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
If there ever was a way to lose a tie, it would be like vs Chelsea.

After the games, nobody still doubted that Barcelona was the best team in the world. We played absolutely fantastic football, almost everyone hailed it as a miracle that Chelsea qualified.

As opposed to getting absolutely shut down by:

1)Possibly the youngest, most inexperienced and worst Milan side in atleast the last 20 years
2)Bayern who humiliated us 7-0 while barely giving us even a single chance.
3)B-team of Real Madrid
4)Real Madrid without 3 or 4 starting defenders.
5)Real Madrid in Supercopa who should've won by atleast 4 or 5 more goals.

Pep's record vs Mourinho in the last season - 3 wins 2 draws 1 loss
Tito's record vs Mourinho in this season - 1 win 2 draws 3 losses

Throughout Pep's last season, bar a few games where we lost points, we played football that was still fantastic to watch. While this season, I have not enjoyed Barcelona like in previous seasons. It has nothing to do with match results but everything to do with our play. Barca are still good to watch but not anywhere near the same extent as before.

We dominated Chelsea and were unlucky not to go through, but got absolutely humiliated by Bayern. I'm sure we wouldn't have been humiliated by Bayern under Pep. Even if we did lose, it certainly wouldn't be by 7 goals.

Yes, Pep was very conservative in matches like that.

I just hate Chelsea so very much. Not a lot of problems with Bayern though since they've always been my dad's club.

I think Tito deserves more credit...but I'm afraid his cancer will continue to hinder them. The team was absolutely stunning the first half of the year.

L

Learo

We dominated Chelsea and were unlucky not to go through, but got absolutely humiliated by Bayern. I'm sure we wouldn't have been humiliated by Bayern under Pep, even in his last season. Even if we did lose, it certainly wouldn't have been by 7 goals.

You cant know that for sure. Xavi has clearly been on decline this season, and he is our most important player. It doesnt help that our coach was away for long periods because of cancer treatments either of course.

lots of those goals for bayern shouldnt have counted anyway.

Home of Barca Fans