Thiago Translantara

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It's not a conflict of interests, because Pep didn't know that he would benefit from that clause at the time he agreed to become part of the contract. But I know were you're coming from, the fact that Bayern - our main rival next season - will buy Thiago lowcost is very upsetting.

I, choleric as I am, would chop some heads for this charade.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but I doubt we'll be Bayern's main competitor next season. I dont think we're even favourites for our own league title, never mind the Champions League. There are better teams than us out there.

Ok, how about we realize that Thiago was injured over a month. After that month when he recovered, he still needed time to gain form. Tito would have probably given him the same minutes had it not been for his injury. why shouldn't Thiago blame Pep for bringing Cesc? Wasn't it Pep's fault that Thiago didn't become second option after xavi and Iniesta or even Messi? So Thiago now is running to the arms of the man who is to blame for all of this? ( this is not the club's fault but pep's).

Tito "apparently" is not something we can trust. it's just speculation.

Good point. This all started with Pep being obsessed with getting Cesc back. It is getting harder and harder to buy Pep's shtick.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I don't think Thiago was ever going to go to Manchester, it was a charade to get a better contract and to show the club he can leave at any time. But the club called his bluff and Thiago was in limbo until Bayern came along. If Pep keeps away Thiago stays at Barca.

I believe so too.

L

Learo

Thiago is our best youngster (besides Neymar) and the future of our midfield. Tito should have made sure that that clause didn't activate. Especially when he had so many opportunities to play Thiago that he didn't take. Like the pointless games at the end of the season. There is no excuse whatsoever for not playing Thiago in those games.

not really. montoya is our best above 20, but deulofeu, rafinha and samper will be better than thiago 4 years from now if they stay fit.

L

Learo

besides, pep's judgement of quality hasnt always been good. his insistence on the donkey chygrynskiy was just tragic. he kept saying: "i want him and no one else in the world", causing us to pay 25m for that piece of log.

ldb198

that isnt true. BM has been mentioned in the background for at least a month. As I said before- I think he was considering MU- but only if BM didn't work out. If no BM he would go to MU as second choice. That is why i think it was dragging on and on. He made his mind to leave barca and never denied anything this summer. I think if he goes to BM it means Pep made me a deal he will play more so I don't buy those saying he will sit on bench at BM.

MU was just the 2nd choice- so it got drawn out as he kept them on the line while he sealed the deal with BM.

L

Learo

Well the excuse may be that after all we are humans and we mistakes ;)

well, i think it was quite arrogant to be so stubborn about chyg, like pep would have full overview of all possible CBs out there, refusing any alternative to that donkey. His insistence on the player caused our negotiating position to be very bad as well so we had to pay an insane figure.

I remember that summer. We had just won the treble and Pep was obsessed with Chyggy and Ibra. He grabbed Henrique and Kerrison too. What an absolute waste of money. :laporta:

Home of Barca Fans