Thiago Translantara

mixer

Please no more buying people. We are loaded in the midfield area. Wanna replace people. We need CB and someone to replace Alexis/Pedro
We are loaded in the midfield area? If Thiago leaves, we'll have 4 players for 2 positions; declining Xavi, inconsistent Cesc, unproven Roberto and Iniesta. I doubt Tito will use Song in other position than a defensive midfielder.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Please no more buying people. We are loaded in the midfield area. Wanna replace people. We need CB and someone to replace Alexis/Pedro

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

It would be the perfect situation for Oliver to grow. He would get minutes but not counted on for them.

Cesc gets a big responsibility now. His role is more clearly defined if Thiago leaves. I'm in the minority here but I think Cesc is one of the best midfielders in the game when he has it going. I'm expecting big things out of him this next season.

Centrocampista23

We are loaded in the midfield area? If Thiago leaves, we'll have 4 players for 2 positions; declining Xavi, inconsistent Cesc, unproven Roberto and Iniesta. I doubt Tito will use Song in other position than a defensive midfielder.
the Song thing continues to baffle me. Wenger refused to see that Song is a box-to-box midfielder and not a holding one. then Barca buy Song to use him as a holding midfielder and not as a box-to-box one. i'm not saying Song is a good enough attacking mid for Barca, but it's truly strange how consecutive big clubs and managers get it so wrong with this guy

L

Learo

I am certain that both busi and song will be used as CMs, and they are never injured. basically, if song continues his steep progress and cements a place as DM, while Busi convinces as the CM, we basically have two-thirds of our midfield who can start 70 consecutive games in a season, leaving the final spot for one of xavi,iniesta and cesc. in fact, competition might be so high that iniesta will be moved to the right wing.

JamDav1982

the Song thing continues to baffle me. Wenger refused to see that Song is a box-to-box midfielder and not a holding one. then Barca buy Song to use him as a holding midfielder and not as a box-to-box one. i'm not saying Song is a good enough attacking mid for Barca, but it's truly strange how consecutive big clubs and managers get it so wrong with this guy

Wenger did play Song as a box to box midfielder in his last season that earned him the big move.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA

Tito wanted to convert him to CB I think.

We tried it and he looked terrible. I'll never forget the Negredo goal.

Birdy

Lol at trying to explain me what a leak is! 3-4 weeks of negotiations for a player that wants to leave, plus a team United( a team willing to cover his release clause)? It should have been a matter of days the way you present it.. So, let's leave it man, because it is clear that I don't agree with the way you reason. You speculate too much and then you present your opinion as a fact and I know that we will never agree.
Yeah mate! you seem to not know not only what a leak is and when a 'rumour' is a safe one or not, but to also ignore the basic fact that its not player-club negotiation, but also
club-club negotiation for a transfer to take place..
Besides that, your line of thought is inaccurate. Simple as that. you may call that opinionated, or whatever you want, but if you use the tools of reason, you so cleverly underestimate by reducing everything to 'opinions', and 'interpretations', you will see that my version is nowhere near yours in probabilities to be true.. Bcz only one version can be true, not both and you can understand that..

JamDav1982

Only because of injuries to other midfielders. Arsenal fans had no idea if he would've continued in that role had he stayed

No he played there for the majority of the season and Arteta played further back.

He was basically given free reign to go wherever he wanted.

It was caused by Wenger no longer trusting him at DM anymore.

He most definitley carried on in that role it was his best season for the club by far.

Centrocampista23

No he played there for the majority of the season and Arteta played further back.

He was basically given free reign to go wherever he wanted.

It was caused by Wenger no longer trusting him at DM anymore.

He most definitley carried on in that role it was his best season for the club by far.
Wenger didn't trust Song at DM and Arteta was used there, BUT the main reason Song had some creative freedom was because of Wilshere being injured and Ramsay being shit. IF Arteta hadn't proved so great as a DM (and willing to stay there), Song would have a problem if he had stayed on (same problem he currently has at Barca). Arsenal then signed Cazorla and between him and Wilshere the axis is covered creatively

JamDav1982

Wenger didn't trust Song at DM and Arteta was used there, BUT the main reason Song had some creative freedom was because of Wilshere being injured and Ramsay being shit. IF Arteta hadn't proved so great as a DM (and willing to stay there), Song would have a problem if he had stayed on (same problem he currently has at Barca). Arsenal then signed Cazorla and between him and Wilshere the axis is covered creatively

Arteta was hardly great at DM he was steady and good on ball and thats about it.

Song would have started ahead of Ramsey at his best and Arteta he was much better than them that season and any level they had reached. He was the most creative player in the league in terms of chances created.

Cazorla does not always play through the middle either.

Song would have kept his place in the midfield the next season.

Centrocampista23

Arteta was hardly great at DM he was steady and good on ball and thats about it.

Song would have started ahead of Ramsey at his best and Arteta he was much better than them that season and any level they had reached. He was the most creative player in the league in terms of chances created.

Cazorla does not always play through the middle either.

Song would have kept his place in the midfield the next season.
Song's agent said Wenger and the board wouldn't sit down with them to renegotiate his contract. Arsenal were also heavily linked with Sahin. Song stated he wanted to stay at Arsenal even after Barca's offer came, but they made it impossible for him to do that

we're way off-topic though

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Whatever is going to happen, whoever's fault it is that Thiago is gone, this whole saga reveals one thing: the true characters of Thiago Alcantara. Never did he come out to confirm or deny anything when all the rumors linking him to ManU were flying around. He could careless. If since Day 1 his goal has been joining up with Guardiola at Bayern, the whole time he kept not only us but ManU fans in the dark by choosing not to confirm or deny of any of the ManU rumors, he gave us and ManU fans false sense of hope and in the end he deceived both us and the ManU fans.

That, is his true face. That is Thiago Alcantara.

We don't need people with this kind of characters wearing our Blaugrana. Auf wiedersehen kiddo, you will not be missed.

Home of Barca Fans