Thiago Translantara

Galning

They also say show me your friends and i'll tell you who you are :pep:

34h6lvd.jpg

F

Frejsgodes

1. Sell Thiago and get what we can
2. Buy Thiago Silva this summer and shore up the defense
3. Buy Gündogan next summer to replace Thiago and succeed Xavi.
4. ????
5. Profit

Stric

Man, if Thiago stays... it's going to be soooooo awkward. He should do himself a favor and leave, it's the best for him.

Maybe Pep is doing Barca a favour by courting Thiago as he knows that Rosell will do anything to spite Pep and this is Pep's way of ensuring Thiago stays at Barca.

#Pepception

:lol: :lol:

Good Guy Guardiola strikes again.

cro-man

So we need a new midfielder the problem isnt that thiago leaves because I never saw him replace xavi and against iniesta he has no chance never will.He never showed anything that could help us. The problem is who will replace xavi and how much money do we have for a midfielder because thats not our biggest problem our defense is. Our managment is crap this happens if you dont plan for the future. Domino effect...

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
So we need a new midfielder the problem isnt that thiago leaves because I never saw him replace xavi and against iniesta he has no chance never will.He never showed anything that could help us. The problem is who will replace xavi and how much money do we have for a midfielder because thats not our biggest problem our defense is.

I think Oliver Torres can very well be the player to succeed in that role. He plays very similar to a young Xavi.

He would be a fantastic addition to the club.

F

Frejsgodes

I'm so happy you're not in Zubi's place :)

Right. So who do you prefer we buy if Thiago leaves? Xavi will only get older, and as I see it next season we need to find his immediate replacement. Gündogan has enough quality.

Iniesta-Gündogan
Busi

Yeah, that looks horrible.

Elite-BkD

Gundogan to replace Xavi? Is that a joke? Doesn't matter how talented he is or what kind of skill set he has, how can you expect that he'd be able to come to Barca and command the kind of respect from the rest of the starters that Xavi did during Pep's reign? We'll almost certainly never see anyone play the role on the pitch for Barca that Xavi did from 08-11, except maaaybe Iniesta and it's quite possible that wouldn't be able to pull it off given his personality and the system is heading in a different direction as it is. Even Xavi's intended role lately is distinctly different and we definitely don't need to be looking for some youngster who has the technical and tactical ability to do what he was doing because even if we find precisely the same kind of player there's almost no way imaginable that he'd be able to be brought in and assert himself enough to serve anything close to the function Xavi did.

Home of Barca Fans