Thiago Translantara

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Barcelona midfielder Thiago (22) is close to joining Bayern Munich. Barcelona want the transfer fee for the player to be 22M. [sport]

If sport says it, that means it's not true, right? *crosses fingers*

Also, I'm pretty sure if he were to say he was staying or that he's loyal to the club you guys would say something along the lines of, "People always say that, it doesn't mean anything! He's just lying so we think he isn't leaving!"

Butaan4barca

goetz, kroos, thiago, Schweinsteiger, ribery for two Spots in the CM. Pep surely doesn't wants to lose the possession in our friendly next month.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If sport says it, that means it's not true, right? *crosses fingers*

Also, I'm pretty sure if he were to say he was staying or that he's loyal to the club you guys would say something along the lines of, "People always say that, it doesn't mean anything! He's just lying so we think he isn't leaving!"

Nope, at this juncture if he comes out and says something, anything (staying, leaving for ManU, or Bayern, whatever), people would believe him. He is an adult.

KhaledBarca

1- If Thiago wants to leave, just sell him already (18M, use it to buy Oliver Torres).
2- Buy Thiago Silva.

Next summer, buy a defensive minded Full Back (some one like Abidal) and a GK to replace Valdes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
1- If Thiago wants to leave, just sell him already (18M, use it to buy Oliver Torres).
2- Buy Thiago Silva.

Next summer, buy a defensive minded Full Back (some one like Abidal) and a GK to replace Valdes.

We are reportedly seeking 21M for Thiago Alcantara. Signing Thiago Silva is increasingly becoming mission impossible, I just hope Tito and others have the foresight to sign some other quality CBs. "Thiago Silva or nobody" will cost us.

I am really excited about Oliver Torres. But how and when can we get them? Athletico doesn't appear to want to sell.

Tomchin

I am really excited about Oliver Torres. But how and when can we get them? Athletico doesn't appear to want to sell.
I often see the name Oliver Torres here mentioned on the forum, didn't know him yet tbh. I had a quick look at his wikipage and I'm rather surprised that he's the one who supposedly would have to replace Thiago: a guy with merely 8 appearances for Atletico's A-team, and who's the same age as Sergi Samper? I ve no doubts that he'll be a great talent; but a replacement for Thiago!?

L

Learo

I often see the name Oliver Torres here mentioned on the forum, didn't know him yet tbh. I had a quick look at his wikipage and I'm rather surprised that he's the one who supposedly would have to replace Thiago: a guy with merely 8 appearances for Atletico's A-team, and who's the same age as Sergi Samper? I ve no doubts that he'll be a great talent; but a replacement for Thiago!?

totally agree, thats insane. and as u say, we have samper at that age.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He was bossing up the U-20 Euros; that's all I've seen of him, but everyone has since then started rating him insanely highly.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yeah, he's a little overhyped on this forum. That's my opinion, though, so stop hating, haters.

L

Learo

He was bossing up the U-20 Euros; that's all I've seen of him, but everyone has since then started rating him insanely highly.

these u-tournaments are very low quality and tons of players have gone on to do zilch and nothing after dominating them. there are some exceptions like iniesta, messi and xavi who were really hyped and rated extremely high when they were just kids in the lower cantera, but lets not forget the countless others who turned out to be nothing. fran merida new cesc, gai assulin the new messi, muniesa new puyol, bojan new raul, gio dos santos the new ronaldinho etc

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Not saying he is Thiago's replacement right away, but it looks like this young man has got some serious potential and is regarded as one of the brighest young talents. Seeing that RM has grabbed so many great young players this summer, I felt we have to make a move on him. Otherwise he might be grabbed by RM soon.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Oliver has insane potential, even played as a sub against us and didn't look out of place. People are for some reason calling him overhyped but he can do everything in midfield and has amazing technical skill. He'll take on a bigger role for Atletico this coming season, probably not starter material yet but he'll get a decent amount of playing time.

Home of Barca Fans