Thiago Translantara

AvocadoCake

Think we should look at PSG's Rabiot. Very talented 18 year old who could play in any of the 3 midfield positions at Barcelona

"Rabiot's Champions League debut against Dinamo Zagreb consisted of him making 11 (eleven) interceptions/tackles."

Here's an article about him: http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/prospect-adrien-rabiot/

I remember him in the 2-2 friendly against us and I was very impressed. I went to look him up expecting him to be mid-early-thirties because of him composure etc. I was very impressed with him (although it was only one game). His height is definitely a nice bonus.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that we shouldn't be looking for youth talents elsewhere when we have, or should have, our own... If Thiago leaves then a Keita style CM should be signed, and let Roberto and Samper evolve into our future...

AvocadoCake

The thing is that we shouldn't be looking for youth talents elsewhere when we have, or should have, our own... If Thiago leaves then a Keita style CM should be signed, and let Roberto and Samper evolve into our future...

I maintain that Song is our Keita-type midfielder, good both on and off the ball but no world beater, willing to be a rotation player and already at the club.

Meitux

willingness to strike from distance is scorned upon in barca.

and anyone replacing xavi has had to have at least a couple of seasons in barca to prepare. cant just simply buy gundogan and put him in that role. so it has to be one of the other 4 midfielders we already have (not counting roberto who obviously will not be that player and samper who is far too young yet).
Thats the problem for me,even if ever Busquets will be used as CM i think he doesnt have good attacking abilities...neither good shot.Thats why i wouldnt like seeing him there

loozy

Is someone else reporting this, besides sport/mundodeportivo?

Nothing in the German media; Sammer said that they would not comment on the issue which could be interpreted that it is a topic of discussion and nowhere near finalized yet.

barca1899

Thiago yesterday informed Barcelona that he wants to join Bayern Munich. The clubs are now talking. A deal is expected today. [md]

Duke

Thiago yesterday informed Barcelona that he wants to join Bayern Munich. The clubs are now talking. A deal is expected today. [md]

images

Alik

I maintain that Song is our Keita-type midfielder, good both on and off the ball but no world beater, willing to be a rotation player and already at the club.
Song is not a world beater?? You can't be serious.

I bet you think the same of Cesc.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You know what, it's not only because he is leaving (and we don't even know the real reason for that, could be something else beside playing time) but I never likes his attitude - he was acting all bossy and confident but he actually never had 90 minutes of flawlessness. If he plays like Iniesta than he can act all that, but he still has a long way to go. So, sell him already so we can concentrate on his replacement - which we probably never will buy anyway the way we act in the transfer market.

Home of Barca Fans