Thiago Translantara

Meitux

Yeah such a terrible decision that they won the league with 100 points.

Why did Pep not succeed in his last season then?
The only excuse you always bring out is the leauge and the 100 points.We were good and better at the first half the season where Madrid struggle at games with small teams too,thats the was the point of winning the leauge.And really how can you compare big teams with better tactics of defending with the pretty weak La liga teams.Dont tell me about Atletico i already know that we dominated the game..but if anything Tito really tried to win those 100 points for just having the title of a succesfull season,he played every available starting player in the last games just to win the games and say that he won it with 100 points

JamDav1982

The only excuse you always bring out is the leauge and the 100 points.We were good and better at the first half the season where Madrid struggle at games with small teams too,thats the was the point of winning the leauge.And really how can you compare big teams with better tactics of defending with the pretty weak La liga teams.Dont tell me about Atletico i already know that we dominated the game..but anything Tito really tried to win those 100 points for just having the title of a succesfull season,he played every available starting player in the last games just to win the games and say that he won it with 100 points

Madrid struggling with teams at beginning of season has no bearing in reaching 100 points.

Haha 'all i can point to is 100 points'. Thats quite a big thing dont you think?

How many people claimed La Liga was weak when Pep was dominating? Just another point against Tito.

Meitux

Madrid struggling with teams at beginning of season has no bearing in reaching 100 points.

Haha 'all i can point to is 100 points'. Thats quite a big thing dont you think?

How many people claimed La Liga was weak when Pep was dominating? Just another point against Tito.
Was it really necessary to win those 100 points?we won the leauge already.Madrid were excellent at 2011-2012 and fairly won it while we had our bad times like draw with Villareal,Sevilla lose from Osasuna.We just tried to antagonize Real by saying that we won it also with 100 points.And i said the vital point of winning this leauge was the first half of the season cause we got a clear advantage in points and it would be really hard for Madrid to reach it

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah points totals in the league is a terrible way to look at the consistency of a team.

You should really point this out more and to the other leagues around the world.

It measures consistency of victory, ability to obtain the numbers and score more goals than the opposition regardless of any variables. Never does it directly show intangible factors such as gameplay and overall team quality. It's like when people say Chelsea were the best team in 11-12 just because they won the CL, it doesn't reveal how poor they were in actual gameplay. I'm not saying 12-13 Barca were as bad as Chelsea, but they certainly weren't near the level that they were glamorized to be by the points record.

Cule4life

The Culest
Judging the entire campaign by the points record is unbelievably superficial and shortsighted :lol:

I always wondered why the hell was Tito was so obsessed with the 100 points at cost of marginalizing youngsters like Thiago,Tello, Montoya and overplaying Xavi, Messi etc. Now i know he did it to hoodwink some naive people into believing he did a fantastic job and hide his failings.

100 points achieved by marginalizing Thiago and overplaying Xavi in meaningless games? And i thought todays fans demanded the sky

Cule4life

The Culest
It measures consistency of victory, ability to obtain the numbers and score more goals than the opposition regardless of any variables. Never does it directly show intangible factors such as gameplay and overall team quality. It's like when people say Chelsea were the best team in 11-12 just because they won the CL, it doesn't reveal how poor they were in actual gameplay. I'm not saying 12-13 Barca were as bad as Chelsea, but they certainly weren't near the level that they were glamorized to be by the points record.

:worthy:

JamDav1982

Was it really necessary to win those 100 points?we won the leauge already.Madrid were excellent at 2011-2012 and fairly won it while we had our bad times like draw with Villareal,Sevilla lose from Osasuna.We just tried to antagonize Real by saying that we won it also with 100 points.And i said the vital point of winning this leauge was the first half of the season cause we got a clear advantage in points and it would be really hard for Madrid to reach it

Well who gets the credit for the clear advantage of points over Real in the early part of the season?

Whatever way you look at it Barcelona had a great league campaign and that points to Tito not being clueless and not knowing what he is doing.

I agree there were some issues in the big games - but they did not begin with Tito they were there before he arrived.

Tito now has to show that he can implement his own ideas a bit more but to suggest he has been a failure is a joke.

AzaR

Was it really necessary to win those 100 points?we won the leauge already.Madrid were excellent at 2011-2012 and fairly won it while we had our bad times like draw with Villareal,Sevilla lose from Osasuna.We just tried to antagonize real by saying that we won it also with 100 points.And i said the vital point of winning this leauge was the first half of the season cause we got a clear advantage in points and it would be really hard for Madrid to reach it

Were you expecting Tito to throw games :lol: ? Was he expected to tell the players to not try as hard as the 100 points aren't 'necessary'?

Of course he was gonna put out full strength teams when we were out of the champions league, dont see what your issue is.

Meitux

Were you expecting Tito to throw games :lol: ? Was he expected to tell the players to not try as hard as the 100 points aren't 'necessary'?

Of course he was gonna put out full strength teams when we were out of the champions league, dont see what your issue is.
He uses those 100 points just for an excuse of a successive season.They were meaningless games and we could give the sub players a little bit of time playing as we already had won the leauge

Last edited:

lovebarca

can you explain why squad was not started rotating when league is already won?
can you explain big match tactics ?

JamDav1982

A league campaign shows the best team pure and simple. Were they better than previous Pep teams? No but they were better in the league than the year before and their consistency to keep ahead caused problems at Madrid.

Pretty much no one I know claims Chelsea were the best team in 2011-12. Knock out competitions are a totally different things. Leagues on the other hand provide a deserved winner.

Do you think I am pointing to the 100 points as a sign of this Barca being better than Pep or that they had a season that cant be questioned on?

Thats not the case. I am saying that it shows that Tito is not totally clueless he was able to get them back to winning ways from the previous season. Of course there is room for improvement in particular the biggest games but he is deserving of keeping his job and the 100 points league win is sign of that.

If he doesnt now have the power to make the changes needed I agree it could be time to look elsewhere but it was not realistic for him to start making those changes last season.

AzaR

Starting team for the game against Zaragoza before the Bayern tie.

Barca startinhg XI v Zaragoza:- Valdes, Alves, Bartra, Adriano, Montoya, Xavi, Song, Thiago, Sanchez, Tello, Fabregas

Game against Mallorca before PSG 2nd leg tie

José Manuel Pinto
Dani Alves Gerard Piqué Marc Bartra Martin Montoya
Andrés Iniesta Thiago Alex Song
Cesc Fábregas Alexis Sánchez Cristian Tello

(Iniesta, Pique and Cesc were all subbed off)

Team aainst celta before first leg against PSG

José Manuel Pinto 13
Dani Alves 2
Gerard Piqué 3
Marc Bartra 15
Martin Montoya 19
Cesc Fábregas 4
Thiago 11
Alex Song 25
Alexis Sánchez 9
Lionel Messi 10
Cristian Tello 37

13 José Manuel Pinto
2 Dani Alves
5 Carles Puyol
14 Javier Mascherano
21 Adriano
4 Cesc Fábregas
11 Thiago
25 Alex Song
7 David Villa
9 Alexis Sánchez
37 Cristian Tello

Team before the Milan game ^ against Deportivo

Before most of the big champions league games he rotated, couldn't care less about end of season games when we were out of champions league as why should that matter?

I could understand people complaining about him playing stronger teams if we were in the final of champions league but we weren't, 100 points was just an added bonus, he didn't need to create the image of us having a successful season as we did have one by winning the league, something we failed to do the year before under the management of Pep (not that im discrediting Pep).

Home of Barca Fans