Thiago Translantara

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I havent seen much of Torres but he looks like he needs a few years until he can actually play a part at Barca. Gündogan or Verratti are much more prepared for the first team. Verratti will be hard to buy but Gündogan might be available for 25-30m next summer, depending on how hard Dortmund try to hold onto him.

Torres could learn for a year or two on the bench, Xavi probably has 2 years left. I've seen a lot of Torres and I'm blown away on how good he is and how much he plays like Xavi.

Give Cesc all the minutes he can handle, rotating with both Xavi and Iniesta. Sergio Roberto will probably get some minutes too, hopefully against the lower-table teams in La Liga.

Cesc is going to have to be a big part of our future. When he's in the zone, he's one of the best midfielders in the game. There was times during the first half of the season before he got injured where I felt he may have been the absolute best.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
People talk about having a great player like Cesc as if it's a bad thing. Also remember bringing Cesc was Pep's idea.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I havent seen much of Torres but he looks like he needs a few years until he can actually play a part at Barca. Gündogan or Verratti are much more prepared for the first team. Verratti will be hard to buy but Gündogan might be available for 25-30m next summer, depending on how hard Dortmund try to hold onto him.

Gündoğan is our guy to get. The competition will be tough though.

jamrock

Talk about missing the point. No one can say anything against Pep even the fact that his last season was not the best and there was many issues that started to appear that have continued under Tito?

I point to Peps failings in response to those who constantly quote the 'Pep era'.

This league season was better than last. There is no real debate on that. Again you miss the point hugely as I said I did not think last season was the best team but showed Tito at least had some idea wht he was doing.

If you are going to put a reply in next time at least take time to read the points and dont post drivel.

no i didn't miss any point you are just talking crap and simply oppose for the sake of it, off course people talk and point to the pep era its the most successful period in the clubs history and sadly for tito what he will have to compete with.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Gündoğan is our guy to get. The competition will be tough though.

He'll end up in Madrid. They have first option on him. I think we should look for a new style involving cesc or look to the the likes of sergi roberto or even bring Oliver Torres in a couple of years time.

jamrock

but no for arguments sake you are trying to boil down pep's time at the club to one season and even in that one bad season.

JamDav1982

no i didn't miss any point you are just talking crap and simply oppose for the sake of it, off course people talk and point to the pep era its the most successful period in the clubs history and sadly for tito what he will have to compete with.

Oppose for the sake of it.

So I have to agree that Tito and Rosell are the devils to fit in here?

Read the posts and there are quite a few that agree with me.

Point to the Pep era all you like but dont be blinded by the issues that were starting to emerge in his last season. A season where no major trophy was won.

It's the way it played out especially with Thiago missing so many games to injury.

Cesc is a better player than Thiago but Thiago is more suited for a Xavi-like role than Cesc is. It's time for Tito to get creative and earn his money.

It's been said before but I'll say it again, we need to invest whatever money we get from the Thiago deal (22M hopefully) and make a play for Oliver Torres. Torres could really grow as a player under our system and he's the ideal player to take over for Xavi, even more than Thiago is.

I think Cesc was a terrific player in England. There was a poll where United fans chose Cesc as the player they would get if they could for their midfield ( in the same poll they had Thiago as another option). The problem is that in England Cesc had a free role and the team was built around him, he also played against open teams ( unlike barca who play against teams who park the bust most of the time). Also, Cesc had great fast players who could exploit counterattacks. Cesc might be a better player for us next season b.c Neymar is very good at counterattacking. Also, with Thiago out of the team, Cesc would have more playing time. Tito should speak with Cesc and ask him how he would like to play. That'd be nice.

JamDav1982

but no for arguments sake you are trying to boil down pep's time at the club to one season and even in that one bad season.

You are so wide of the mark its untrue.

Said plenty of times that I consider Pep the best manager I have ever seen and he revolutionised football/barca.

There were issues with the team in that last season though and that was the team that Tito inherited.

hardyboy

Thiago's agent has met with Bayern officials to finalise his contract. He will travel to Germany this weekend. [el9] :angry:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He'll end up in Madrid. They have first option on him. I think we should look for a new style involving cesc or look to the the likes of sergi roberto or even bring Oliver Torres in a couple of years time.

First option? What does that mean? Some sort of agreement with BVB?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
As I have said, relax. We have Xavi, iniesta and cesc for the central midfield and guys like Sergio roberto coming through. There are also other talents like Oliver Torres out there.

The midfield will be the strongest part of the team next year and the last thing to worry about.

Shegzy

Well we can still get a better deal by telling bayern to include shaqiri(a stronger,faster,younger,versatile player) than alexis plus 6m-10m since it seems we want an attacking mildfielder/right winger.

Home of Barca Fans