Thiago Translantara

A lot of people on this board decided before Rosell was elected that they did not like him and everything he has done since is wrong. I don't like him either but if he deserves credit I will give it to him.

Aside from bringing in a sponsor and getting rid of Abidal I don't see much else that he has done wrong.

The club is in very good shape whether people admit it or not, excellent squad, strong youth acadamy and improved finances.

The club is sending young players out on loan which is a good move, it is what should have happened with Thiago a few years ago. If the young players are good enough and have the right attitude they will get their chance, if the do not have these qualities they will be let go. That is the best way to deal with young players, the club can't keep everybody as only the best should play at the club and that will probably be 1 every couple of years on average. The 1 we have at the moment is Montoya and the next one may be Samper or Grimaldo or Rafina or none of them. It is up to the players themselves.

They have signed Neymar who was courted by all the top clubs, they were all desperate to get him but Barca were one step ahead.

He has remained loyal to Tito and backed him, yet is criticized for it. He is not bending over to please young upstarts like Thiago either which is not the case for most clubs.

You also are blaming him for things that have not happened yet and may never happen, there is no exodus, nobody has left yet. There has been failings but that is the same with every club every season in the history of football. I have not seen any changes to the image of the club since Rosell has taken over at all either. I think most of the problems you have with Rosell are in your head, you seem to be looking for things to criticize.

Pep leaving was his own decision, If Valdes and Thiago leave it will too be their own decision. Barca cannot go running around after people who want to leave, it is part of life that people move on. By allowing them to leave shows how strong Barca are, nobody at the club is worried about the future and nor am I. The club is not perfect by any means but it is well placed to have a very successful decade indeed, people just have to be patient. We had a few excellent years and now we are down but it won't be long before we are back on top. I remember really bad times at the club and this is not one of them, I have to say i am very optimistic about the short, medium and long term future of FC Barcelona.

:thumbsup2:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
it was tito's fault that he couldn't improve the team.he was pep right hand man he was suppose to know the problem with pep's team in the last season and also problem of packing the bus and he should have found solution to this.pep improved on rijkard team, tito should have improved on pep's team.and we winning the league was as a result of messi and madrid having a bad start it wasn't because of tito even though he made our play more direct,when we were playing 5-4,4-3 e.t.c against low la liga teams he should have known the defence had a great problem and should have improved it by using a more tactically defensive formation.

Tito obviously made mistakes. His man management and motivation techniques were poor and he didn't do much inside games to change things. It was still an improvement on Pep's last year though. The direct play helped us and witching to 4-3-3 instead of playing the 3-4-3. If only he'd buy a good defender we would be very good.

Also there is no solution for a parked bus. You can only play your best attacking players and hope for the best. If the other team defends well for the whole match there's nothing you can do. Don't even mention a target man. We never try crosses in any other situation and I don't think buying a tall guy who only plays in the final minutes against parked buses while we desperately switch to long ball is a good idea.

JamDav1982

it was tito's fault that he couldn't improve the team.he was pep right hand man he was suppose to know the problem with pep's team in the last season and also problem of packing the bus and he should have found solution to this.pep improved on rijkard team, tito should have improved on pep's team.and we winning the league was as a result of messi and madrid having a bad start it wasn't because of tito even though he made our play more direct,when we were playing 5-4,4-3 e.t.c against low la liga teams he should have known the defence had a great problem and should have improved it by using a more tactically defensive formation.

He did improve the team in terms of the league and he changed the tactics back to what they were before Peps last year.

It was the sensible thing to do as the players knew those tactics while he earned their respect and trust as manager.

Would have been very easy to lose the players if trying totally new tactics in his first season and added to that the ilness made that almost impossible to do anyway.

PaCmAn

Is Thiago teasing?

@Thi_Alcantara91: El granuja @rafinha_alc93 y yo entrenados por el preparador físico @FerAlvarez914 para el inicio de la pretemporada

@ Thi_Alcantara91: The Rogue @ rafinha_alc93 and I trained by fitness trainer @ FerAlvarez914 for the start of preseason.

pasedeny.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dortmund may have agreed to it to stop speculation this summer and that Real would leave him knowing that he couldnt go anywhere else without their knowldege.

The benefit to Dortmund is that Real dont move for him now i suppose.

Yeah, I just googled it, according to Marca, "...Real already has first refusal on signing the Germany international in 2014, although this agreement came at the cost of agreeing not to make a move for him this summer."

I guess it will only works if we are willing to bid higher than RM?

Shegzy

Shaqiri is not Barca quality. Plus, Bayern will just pay the buyout clause, they won't pad it with another player.

shaqiri is barca's quality tell me why he is not barca's quality,if sanchez is barca's quality how would shaqiri not be he has all the ability of sanchez and better.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is Thiago teasing?

@Thi_Alcantara91: El granuja @rafinha_alc93 y yo entrenados por el preparador físico @FerAlvarez914 para el inicio de la pretemporada

@ Thi_Alcantara91: The Rogue @ rafinha_alc93 and I trained by fitness trainer @ FerAlvarez914 for the start of preseason.

Just like "I love Barcelona". Yeah right.

Can't stand that face.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
shaqiri is barca's quality tell me why he is not barca's quality,if sanchez is barca's quality how would shaqiri not be he has all the ability of sanchez and better.

Just my personal opinion of course, I have not been that impressed by Shaqiri. I felt he was like a combination of Robben with all the senseless hits and misses and Pedro who runs like a headless chicken.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah, I just googled it, according to Marca, "...Real already has first refusal on signing the Germany international in 2014, although this agreement came at the cost of agreeing not to make a move for him this summer."

I guess it will only works if we are willing to bid higher than RM?

That makes no difference. If they match our offer Dortmund have to accept it. We usually have a low first offer anyway so they'd get him for cheap. If we make a high bid and Madrid decide not to match it then we'd have overspent on the player and it's not worth it. Lose lose situation for us.

He probably would go there anyway otherwise the first option wouldn't be there in the first place.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Just like "I love Barcelona". Yeah right.

Also, I'm pretty sure if he were to say he was staying or that he's loyal to the club you guys would say something along the lines of, "People always say that, it doesn't mean anything! He's just lying so we think he isn't leaving!"

Nope, at this juncture if he comes out and says something, anything (staying, leaving for ManU, or Bayern, whatever), people would believe him. He is an adult.

:shrug:

Home of Barca Fans