Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The midfield will be the strongest part of the team next year and the last thing to worry about.

I am not so sure at all. Our midfield was average at best this year, what makes you think they will be better next season, with the same group of guys who are not getting any younger, and the same clueless manager?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well we can still get a better deal by telling bayern to include shaqiri(a stronger,faster,younger,versatile player) than alexis plus 6m-10m since it seems we want an attacking mildfielder/right winger.

Shaqiri is not Barca quality. Plus, Bayern will just pay the buyout clause, they won't pad it with another player.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
First option? What does that mean? Some sort of agreement with BVB?

Yeah. If somone else makes a bid then they'd have to accept real madrids bid if it was the same.

This means he's almost certain to go there. The other club would make a low starting bid and increase it slowly as most teams do. Madrid could just come in and match the low starting offer and it would have to be accepted. This means they could also give the player a higher wage so he'd likely end up there.

Last edited:

Martindn

:lol:. I know you're probably taking the piss, but it's funny seeing this after one friendly after united fans poked fun at other clubs fans for being fickle while they were being patient and had stability.

I meant we was bad last preseason ffs lol. I think alot of the moyesout are jokes, especially on redcafe, if there is any serious fans saying that then they need psychologically evaluated. First pre season game while conditions are favorable to the opposition, who have already played half a season isnt a good way to evaluate moyes, as much as i dont think he will succeed im giving him a good season, season and half before i ask questions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Damn. Maybe Isco and Illarramendi will turn out great and they won't need him as much as we do. Sometimes I wish we would be blown away and blown apart by RM so we realize how bad we are so we can finally sign some quality players.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Doesnt mean all that much if he wants to go somewhere else though surely?

Just a case of keeping them alerted to bids.

You're right, but I think Gundogan already wants to go there but Dortmund told him to stay one more year so their squad isnt totally decimated and they accepted a first option from madrid so he can join them next year.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You're right, but I think Gundogan already wants to go there but Dortmund told him to stay one more year so their squad isnt totally decimated and they accepted a first option from madrid so he can join them next year.

Why do you think he already wants to go there? Sources?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Why do you think he already wants to go there? Sources?

I don't know what Gundogan is thinking. It doesn't make sense there is first option deal for him in any other scenario though otherwise Dortmund are putting themselves at disadvantage for no reason.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

So if we lose out on Gündoğan, what other quality midfielders can we get? Or do we have to wait for our home-grown such as Sergio Roberto and Samper to get older and more experienced?

Butaan4barca

Damn. Maybe Isco and Illarramendi will turn out great and they won't need him as much as we do. Sometimes I wish we would be blown away and blown apart by RM so we realize how bad we are so we can finally sign some quality players.

WE ALREADY HAVE BEST QUALITY PLAYERS. we need a denfender or two. thats it.

Shegzy

You are so wide of the mark its untrue.

Said plenty of times that I consider Pep the best manager I have ever seen and he revolutionised football/barca.

There were issues with the team in that last season though and that was the team that Tito inherited.

it was tito's fault that he couldn't improve the team.he was pep right hand man he was suppose to know the problem with pep's team in the last season and also problem of packing the bus and he should have found solution to this.pep improved on rijkard team, tito should have improved on pep's team.and we winning the league was as a result of messi and madrid having a bad start it wasn't because of tito even though he made our play more direct,when we were playing 5-4,4-3 e.t.c against low la liga teams he should have known the defence had a great problem and should have improved it by using a more tactically defensive formation.

JamDav1982

I don't know what Gundogan is thinking. It doesn't make sense there is first option deal for him in any other scenario though otherwise Dortmund are putting themselves at disadvantage for no reason.

Dortmund may have agreed to it to stop speculation this summer and that Real would leave him knowing that he couldnt go anywhere else without their knowldege.

The benefit to Dortmund is that Real dont move for him now i suppose.

Home of Barca Fans