Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you're only here to hate on him then you should GTFO of this thread. There are a lot of people, like me, that still love him and wish him only the best.

Says who this thread is for his admirers only, folks who love him regardless of what he does? You can ignore whatever you don't want to read!

Indignado

Just my personal opinion of course, I have not been that impressed by Shaqiri. I felt he was like a combination of Robben with all the senseless hits and misses and Pedro who runs like a headless chicken.

His positioning is not good yet but apart from that he has all the abilities to become one of the best.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That makes no difference. If they match our offer Dortmund have to accept it. We usually have a low first offer anyway so they'd get him for cheap. If we make a high bid and Madrid decide not to match it then we'd have overspent on the player and it's not worth it. Lose lose situation for us.
He probably would go there anyway otherwise the first option wouldn't be there in the first place.

haha, with due respect, I don't think our successes and failures are measured by whether we overspent or underspent compared to RM. If he is the player we badly need, I don't mind paying more money than RM is willing to land him at Camp Nou.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Says who this thread is for his admirers only, folks who love him regardless of what he does? You can ignore whatever you don't want to read!
That's not what I said. I just meant that stupid statements like "Can't stand his face" are not acceptable here.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
haha, with due respect, I don't think our successes and failures are measured by whether we overspent or underspent compared to RM. If he is the player we badly need, I don't mind paying more money than RM is willing to land him at Camp Nou.

:lol: we all know real are willing to spend a lot though. So we'd really have to pay a ridiculous fee for them not to match it. So either we don't get the player because they've got their first option rights and he wants to go there or we get him, but only for at least 40 million. That's like minimum because I think Madrid would even match that offer.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
They are? Last time someone said something like that, their post was removed and the user got an infraction.

:lol: people post shit like that all the time and nobody bats an eyelid. As long as its consistent and you can do it in anyones thread I don't mind though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: we all know real are willing to spend a lot though. So we'd really have to pay a ridiculous fee for them not to match it. So either we don't get the player because they've got their first option rights and he wants to go there or we get him, but only for at least 40 million. That's like minimum because I think Madrid would even match that offer.

Hmm. Again, what if RM won't need him that much next year? Their midfield is stacked too, just like Bayern with the addition or Isco and Ihrammendi.

Of course, if Gündoğan himself absolutely insists to go to Madrid and not Barca or elsewhere then we are done.

Shegzy

Tito obviously made mistakes. His man management and motivation techniques were poor and he didn't do much inside games to change things. It was still an improvement on Pep's last year though. The direct play helped us and witching to 4-3-3 instead of playing the 3-4-3. If only he'd buy a good defender we would be very good.

Also there is no solution for a parked bus. You can only play your best attacking players and hope for the best. If the other team defends well for the whole match there's nothing you can do. Don't even mention a target man. We never try crosses in any other situation and I don't think buying a tall guy who only plays in the final minutes against parked buses while we desperately switch to long ball is a good idea.

there was no improvement the players played well because they wanted to win back the league and that is what they won.if he had gotten Ts or any world class cb we would have still lose the bayern match maybe not as much as 7-0, when our right wingers were useless he should have played 4-4-2 since they didn't do anything but have good work rate and stretch the opposition half, a mildfielder than could do this should have been brought in. About the parked bus thing if we had players like bale, ronaldo,alonso(players that can score long range shot)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Hmm. Again, what if RM won't need him that much next year? Their midfield is stacked too, just like Bayern with the addition or Isco and Ihrammendi.

Of course, if Gündoğan himself absolutely insists to go to Madrid and not Barca or elsewhere then we are done.

They're probably going to change to ancelottis diamond formation which explains why they're buying midfielders. They also like to stack their squad anyway even when a player isn't really needed.

There's still a chance he'd come here but I "think" Madrid is his preferred destination. It's obviously impossible to tell. Also I've seen nothing to suggest we're interested in him anywhere.

Shegzy... Ok that might have helped win the league but he did still go back to the 4-3-3 which helped. I also think we would have lost against bayern even with a defender but that's because had they had a perfect team with no weakness and we had injuries. Switching formation might be a good idea but I don't think even Pep would have done something like that, the only time I ever remember him changing formation during a game was in one clasico match where we won 3-1, that's it. As for the last part, we can't buy players and make them rot on the bench only to play them for against parked bus when nothing else works and get them to fire desperate long shots which won't go in anyway.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
OK so Rosell sought to destroy everything that the great Laporta had done at the club and did it all on the back of a personal agenda?

Right lets look at some facts.

Ignoring the facts then?...Take your pick at the things Rosell did from the very moment he came into office, is there any doubt with how few of the old regime remains?...The Cruyffists are gone and players begin to leave but sure, these aren't facts :VdB:

Home of Barca Fans