Thiago Translantara

Shegzy

Just my personal opinion of course, I have not been that impressed by Shaqiri. I felt he was like a combination of Robben with all the senseless hits and misses and Pedro who runs like a headless chicken.

atleast a combination of robben and pedro is better than sanchez,and a guy that can shoot better than pedro and sanchez who can do nothing but only has work rate and he is exactly what we need, he is more physical and stronger than all of our forward and shoot more from every range and is as fast as all of them and your opinion is yours and i will gladly welcome him to our team and he can play as a amc,a right winger,left winger,left back and also has champions league experience. i remembered him against manchester united and he was awesome.

Indignado

Yet he is Barca quality. . . . Contradiction just got immortalized.

He's 21 and given his talent he'll improve on that with enough playing time. He improved on many other issues as well so he's clearly shown he's able to learn. I don't know why you hate on him so much, if I look at players like Alexis or Piqué who will be starters next year I ask myself, if Shaqiri is not Barça quality then what are they?

fcbdna

Banned
He's 21 and given his talent he'll improve on that with enough playing time. He improved on many other issues as well so he's clearly shown he's able to learn. I don't know why you hate on him so much, if I look at players like Alexis or Piqué who will be starters next year I ask myself, if Shaqiri is not Barça quality then what are they?

Don't hate him, actually think he is a very powerful and intelligent player. Better suited to Arsenal or BVB than Barcelona.

mixer

Shaqiri is a very good player, I would love to see him at Barça. He's not Brazilian though. #teamrosell

JamDav1982

Ignoring the facts then?...Take your pick at the things Rosell did from the very moment he came into office, is there any doubt with how few of the old regime remains?...The Cruyffists are gone and players begin to leave but sure, these aren't facts :VdB:

I notice you again cant provide evidence of exaclty what Rosell has done but keep going back to him having a personal vendetta against Laporta and destroying everything he did at the club. I countered that earlier with -

OK so Rosell sought to destroy everything that the great Laporta had done at the club and did it all on the back of a personal agenda?

Right lets look at some facts.

Rosell left the club in 2005 after disagreeing with the way that Laporta was running the club. Not only did he do it another four members of the board did it. Clearly it was more than a personal issue between the two of them.

Laporta in 2008 then went on to face a vote of no confidence. He got 60% voting against him but it was not enough and he stayed. which led to a further EIGHT members of the board leaving over Laportas behaviour.

Rosell started to campaign on the back of promising to change the Laporta regime and bring in his own ways and guess what he was elected by the members.

All along he was honest with what he was doing and what he would change. He did not hoodwink the members.

They knew exactly they were electing a President opposed to Laporta. They knew full well Cruyff would be removed etc.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A lot of people on this board decided before Rosell was elected that they did not like him and everything he has done since is wrong. I don't like him either but if he deserves credit I will give it to him.

Why pretend/ignore Rosell's actions far ahead of his Presidency?...Was he like any other culé enjoying the success or looking to be critical of the club, it's choices and those involved?...He did not arrive with a clean sheet, so don't pretend like he did...He also spent the majority of his first year erasing much of what Laporta had put together - these are not opinions, they are facts.

Aside from bringing in a sponsor and getting rid of Abidal I don't see much else that he has done wrong.

Because we didn't have enough money for color toner, yes I remember...A sponsor that members weren't allowed to vote on before it took place while meanwhile critical of choices/decisions Laporta made without getting a vote...Abidal is only one on a long list of mistakes by the club under Rosell

The club is in very good shape whether people admit it or not, excellent squad, strong youth acadamy and improved finances.

The club, despite a record point total for La Liga won less trophies than the season before and under Rosell, far less than under Laporta...Finances are cooked like in many corporate circles...The best compliment Rosell can receive is that apart from Neymar, his board overpaid for no one...But he lost many and for the first time in this cantera dominant era, one of the jewels of the club was not poached ala Wenger et al but is being bought, fair & square, for a pittance...That's not good business and it certainly doesn't reflect confidence in the cantera...especially when many of those players rarely got minutes or are being loaned out

The club is sending young players out on loan which is a good move, it is what should have happened with Thiago a few years ago. If the young players are good enough and have the right attitude they will get their chance, if the do not have these qualities they will be let go. That is the best way to deal with young players, the club can't keep everybody as only the best should play at the club and that will probably be 1 every couple of years on average. The 1 we have at the moment is Montoya and the next one may be Samper or Grimaldo or Rafina or none of them. It is up to the players themselves.

Except, Thiago isn't available to go on loan, is he?...The only loanees are those not deemed good enough apart from Rafinha & Deulofeu - which are obviously good decisions...Meanwhile, they can't get rid of a player that they don't need in Dos Santos

They have signed Neymar who was courted by all the top clubs, they were all desperate to get him but Barca were one step ahead.

57 million for a player in the last year of his contract with some sort of questionable pre-agreement/payoff that is still a suspect deal, a deal that the club has not completely come clean on

He has remained loyal to Tito and backed him, yet is criticized for it. He is not bending over to please young upstarts like Thiago either which is not the case for most clubs.

Supporting Tito is not some grand gesture from Rosell, this is Barcelona - the club under anyone would've stuck by Tito...Yet the criticism is deserved since we saw what happened to this team once Tito went away, didn't we?

You also are blaming him for things that have not happened yet and may never happen, there is no exodus, nobody has left yet. There has been failings but that is the same with every club every season in the history of football. I have not seen any changes to the image of the club since Rosell has taken over at all either. I think most of the problems you have with Rosell are in your head, you seem to be looking for things to criticize.

When a major talent from your cantera is sold via a ridiculous clause and the player himself feels devalued, what do you think will happen to others at the club who see this?...There are precedents and I've followed the club long enough to see the writing on the wall...You make war with Pep at this club, you will lose...You seem to ignore what's been happening over the past 3 seasons and listening to only the little voice in your head

Pep leaving was his own decision, If Valdes and Thiago leave it will too be their own decision. Barca cannot go running around after people who want to leave, it is part of life that people move on. By allowing them to leave shows how strong Barca are, nobody at the club is worried about the future and nor am I. The club is not perfect by any means but it is well placed to have a very successful decade indeed, people just have to be patient. We had a few excellent years and now we are down but it won't be long before we are back on top. I remember really bad times at the club and this is not one of them, I have to say i am very optimistic about the short, medium and long term future of FC Barcelona.

Illogical, all I can say...The evidence thus far would suggest otherwise and I'd say you have a poor handle on how the club runs

JamDav1982

Why pretend/ignore Rosell's actions far ahead of his Presidency?...Was he like any other culé enjoying the success or looking to be critical of the club, it's choices and those involved?...He did not arrive with a clean sheet, so don't pretend like he did...He also spent the majority of his first year erasing much of what Laporta had put together - these are not opinions, they are facts

Because we didn't have enough money for color toner, yes I remember...A sponsor that members weren't allowed to vote on before it took place while meanwhile critical of choices/decisions Laporta made without getting a vote...Abidal is only one on a long list of mistakes by the club under Rosell

The club, despite a record point total for La Liga won less trophies than the season before and under Rosell, far less than under Laporta...Finances are cooked like in many corporate circles...The best compliment Rosell can receive is that apart from Neymar, his board overpaid for no one...But he lost many and for the first time in this cantera dominant era, one of the jewels of the club was not poached ala Wenger et al but is being bought, fair & square, for a pittance...That's not good business and it certainly doesn't reflect confidence in the cantera...especially when many of those players rarely got minutes or are being loaned out

Except, Thiago isn't available to go on loan, is he?...The only loanees are those not deemed good enough apart from Rafinha & Deulofeu - which are obviously good decisions...Meanwhile, they can't get rid of a player that they don't need in Dos Santos

57 million for a player in the last year of his contract with some sort of questionable pre-agreement/payoff that is still a suspect deal, a deal that the club has not completely come clean on

Supporting Tito is not some grand gesture from Rosell, this is Barcelona - the club under anyone would've stuck by Tito...Yet the criticism is deserved since we saw what happened to this team once Tito went away, didn't we?

When a major talent from your cantera is sold via a ridiculous clause and the player himself feels devalued, what do you think will happen to others at the club who see this?...There are precedents and I've followed the club long enough to see the writing on the wall...You make war with Pep at this club, you will lose...You seem to ignore what's been happening over the past 3 seasons and listening to only the little voice in your head

Illogical, all I can say...The evidence thus far would suggest otherwise and I'd say you have a poor handle on how the club runs

1.Rosell was critical of Laporta and so were the members they are allowed an opinion, particularly when they are campaigning on the back of trying to change the Laoprta regime!
Far more than Rosell left becuase of not agreeing with the way Laporta ran things.

2. The members did infact approve the shirt sponsorship by vote.

3. Abidal contract was in no way a mistake they gave him a contract after diagnosed with cancer which led pep saying 'this is what makes Barca unique'. They have since offered him a job any time he wants it. Abidal was treated brilliantly by the club.

4. Of course he has won less trophies than under Laporta as the competition is now stronger and other teams have caught up. Last season was better than the one before and that is not changed by largley secondary trophies won.

5. 57m for Neymar is a fantastic deal when every top club in the world appeared to be after him. Being in the last year of his contract means nothing if others are prepared tp pay more for him. That is brilliant business by Barca and even out of contract he would have received a huge fee.

So many holes in those arguments that dont stack up.

Indignado

I can't fully judge the situation as I haven't been following the club for long enough but I remember many members being angry over the new sponsor, and I remember Rosell trying to calm them down by saying that Qatar Foundation is just another non-profit organization like Unicef. Now, 2 years later our new sponsor is Qatar Airways, thus I consider him a liar, he lied to everyone including the fans, which would be reason enough for me to vote against him.

JamDav1982

I can't fully judge the situation as I haven't been following the club for long enough but I remember many members being angry over the new sponsor, and I remember Rosell trying to calm them down by saying that Qatar Foundation is just another non-profit organization like Unicef. Now, 2 years later our new sponsor is Qatar Airways, thus I consider him a liar, he lied to everyone including the fans, which would be reason enough for me to vote against him.

The members voted and approved a shirt sponsor. It was not all Rosells decision alone.

Most wanted it.

Shegzy

They're probably going to change to ancelottis diamond formation which explains why they're buying midfielders. They also like to stack their squad anyway even when a player isn't really needed.

There's still a chance he'd come here but I "think" Madrid is his preferred destination. It's obviously impossible to tell. Also I've seen nothing to suggest we're interested in him anywhere.

Shegzy... Ok that might have helped win the league but he did still go back to the 4-3-3 which helped. I also think we would have lost against bayern even with a defender but that's because had they had a perfect team with no weakness and we had injuries. Switching formation might be a good idea but I don't think even Pep would have done something like that, the only time I ever remember him changing formation during a game was in one clasico match where we won 3-1, that's it. As for the last part, we can't buy players and make them rot on the bench only to play them for against parked bus when nothing else works and get them to fire desperate long shots which won't go in anyway.

what is the assurance that those long shot wouldn't go in ,bale scores them,villa also scores some,ronaldo does and neymar scored a 40 yard one in one of messi's friendly.montoya almost scored one against madrid and scored one in a laliga match(i can't really remember) and since we don't have a confirm rw and xavi,we can sell sanchez or pedro get a right winger that can shoot from long-range and that is physically stronger, if we want to get a mildfielder to replace one we should get the one that can score long-range shot and more physical(yaya-toure like) then we would have add some steel/physicality that was missing against bayern and enough long-range shot scorers if we can't get to their box:neymar,montoya,the two signing and these will add unpredictability to our play cos team know if we don't get to their box we can't score because we won't shoot from outside we will just try and try to get into the box so they will be shocked and unprepared if we start shooting from outside although shooting will reduce our possesion but possesion without end product(goals) is useless and remember iniesta scored from the edge of the box against if he had try to work the into the box we might have never qualified for the next round. Bayern also had injury(kroos and badstuber) and suspension(mandzukic) but they had good squad depth so they didn't really feel it

Shegzy

Don't hate him, actually think he is a very powerful and intelligent player. Better suited to Arsenal or BVB than Barcelona.

it is actually strong powerful player like him that we need now and we could use a guy like him against bayern and what makes you think he is better suited to BvB and arsenal because he is strong and powerful and we don't need strong and powerful player remember eto'o was also strong and powerful also and he flourished in our system.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
BPANtR-CcAAXyAY.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans