Thiago Translantara

Stric

You would think so. No need to publicly tap up one of our players then.

Again, completely unrelated. Your argument was that Pep making a public statement is a direct influence on Thiago's decision, but now that we've agreed that they in fact could have been communicating privately, your argument is that Pep just shouldn't have made a public statement about his intentions to buy Thiago (why wouldn't he, btw, if those are his intentions?). Check-mate, welcome to the beginning of this discussion - you're just doing this to criticize Pep and it has absolutely nothing to do with my original post you quoted, that is, Thiago being silent.

Keikoku

Cabbage
What influence could Pep have on Thiago staying or going by publicly stating it's basically him or no one that he wants?

Real big influence if he still would have been considering to stay.

I don't see how it's unrelated at all. It's very relevant.

Well, I think Pep said that because he is pissed with Barca management (Rosell) that he think disturb his peace. We all know how Pep when someone disturb him (Mou), Pep is human being too, he has patience and temper, and we should at least try to understand it too because he is our beloved legendary coach. Even he stated that he want Thiago or nobody, which could damage Barca (IMO), the fact he is our legend as player and coach is unchangeable. I don't know what is it said in English, "heat of the moment"? or something like that I guess, Pep just react (maybe not very nice for Barca too) because he feels Rosell keep badmouthing him even he already left Barca. Looks like their problems is more personal and it's looks like already long enough, maybe even from last season I guess.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
‏"@O_Hal1t:
Reason why Thiago is tempted to move to #Bayern is because of the affection from Pep: "It's him or no one". Tito haven't said anything yet!"

At this point, what I want to know is whether Tito and Barca management made any effort to convince Thiago Alcantara to stay. From what I have read, it appears that Barca management simply doesn't care about him leaving. :banghead:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Again, completely unrelated. Your argument was that Pep making a public statement is a direct influence on Thiago's decision, but now that we've agreed that they in fact could have been communicating privately, your argument is that Pep just shouldn't have made a public statement about his intentions to buy Thiago (why wouldn't he, btw, if those are his intentions?). Check-mate, welcome to the beginning of this discussion - you're just doing this to criticize Pep and it has absolutely nothing to do with my original post you quoted, that is, Thiago being silent.

I don't know if they have been talking privately or not. You don't either.

He could have only been in contact with Thiago and his father through his agent (who happens to be Pep's brother) and perhaps wanted a sign that Pep really wanted Thiago. That could have been why Pep came out and said it was him or no one that he wanted. Conniving move by Pep if so.

Now why shouldn't Pep not publicly tap up one of our players when he said he wouldn't do anything to unsettle one of our players? You can't be serious with this drivel you write.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Well, I think Pep said that because he is pissed with Barca management (Rosell) that he think disturb his peace. We all know how Pep when someone disturb him (Mou), Pep is human being too, he has patience and temper, and we should at least try to understand it too because he is our beloved legendary coach. Even he stated that he want Thiago or nobody, which could damage Barca (IMO), the fact he is our legend as player and coach is unchangeable. I don't know what is it said in English, "heat of the moment"? or something like that I guess, Pep just react (maybe not very nice for Barca too) because he feels Rosell keep badmouthing him even he already left Barca. Looks like their problems is more personal and it's looks like already long enough, maybe even from last season I guess.

I will always respect Pep's accomplishments here as a player and a manager. Still doesn't give him the right to bad mouth Tito to Neymar Sr. or to publicly tap up one or our players.

Cule4life

The Culest
Running one's mouth can lead to trouble. Keeping it shut is the safest bet for all parties involved. For example, if Thiago remains silent and stays, he can say "I never said anything about leaving, why the fuss?" and Barcelona can say the same. If he remains silent and leaves, all parties can say that they decided it to not make any statement until things are decided and finished, in order to avoid any unnecessary trouble on anyone's behalf. If he made any comment about the situation, it would be blown out of proportion, distorted and used against him regardless of the outcome. If he made any statement that was in any way indicative of him leaving, and he ends up staying, he'd be in trouble. If he says anything indicative of staying and then leaves, both he and the club are in trouble again. Either way, as soon as you open your mouth, you increase the chance of the shit hitting the fan. If you stay silent, everyone can proceed with their business without any unnecessary consequences of previous statements. Excluding the mental health of the fans, what does anyone gain from a statement from Thiago?

What sense does that make? Pep said that he wants Bayern to sign Thiago. Thiago has said nothing about his wishes to stay or leave and still has a choice after what Pep said. What on earth do these two things have in common? Pep "opening his big mouth" doesn't mean Thiago can't still make his own decision. It's completely unrelated and a poorly chosen opportunity to criticize Pep. That's what I am telling you.

:worthy:
Absolute ownage

Stric

I don't like Pep wanting Thiago anymore than you or anyone else does. But if he's already made the decision to try to sign him, I don't see why it's wrong of him to make a statement about it. Surely it would have been worse had he not said anything about it, then it just popped up in the news the next day - Thiago signed for Bayern. Then Pep would be fucking crucified.

And the part about them communicating... the point is, Pep is able to tell Thiago that he wants him in Bayern without making a statement for the media about it. Thiago has probably known about this for longer than we have. Of course nobody here can know for certain if they have been talking, but FFS Pep probably has Thiago's phone number. If he wants him to come to Bayern, he'll tell him himself first.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I don't like Pep wanting Thiago anymore than you or anyone else does. But if he's already made the decision to try to sign him, I don't see why it's wrong of him to make a statement about it. Surely it would have been worse had he not said anything about it, then it just popped up in the news the next day - Thiago signed for Bayern.

And the part about them communicating... the point is, Pep is able to tell Thiago that he wants him in Bayern without making a statement for the media about it. Thiago has probably known about this for longer than we have. Of course nobody here can know for certain if they have been talking, but FFS Pep probably has Thiago's phone number. If he wants him to come to Bayern, he'll tell him himself first.

If he is able to tell Thiago that wants to go without making a statement to the media about it, then he should have!

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...a-ataque-directiva-azulgrana_54376764439.html
Read this article, very shady.

Keikoku

Cabbage
I will always respect Pep's accomplishments here as a player and a manager. Still doesn't give him the right to bad mouth Tito to Neymar Sr. or to publicly tap up one or our players.

Hmmm, I don't know if it's true or not Pep badmouthing Tito or not, but Pep denied it, right? And I prefer to believe in Pep than some journalist who wrote anything to get pay (in example they wrote Thiago agreed personal terms like 3x everyday :lol: ). Yes, you're right, publicly said he want Thiago is not nice of Pep to us, but nothing wrong on say he want the player he want. If Rafa Benitez or Moyes or Allegri or Rolando Maran or some other coach who said they only want Thiago or nobody, will we still say they don't have the right to say it? I don't think so, but I think we all is upset because who said it was Pep, the person who we respect. But that not mean we should hate him and curse him everytime. :beer2:

Stric

If he is able to tell Thiago that wants to go without making a statement to the media about it, then he should have!

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...a-ataque-directiva-azulgrana_54376764439.html
Read this article, very shady.

Maybe he did. He probably did. But why shouldn't he make it known? Because you don't like that idea? The problem is him trying to sign Thiago, not him being honest about trying to sign Thiago.

I can't really read Spanish, so... I've read on another site that the reporter is allegedly a friend of his and that it was set up. Is that what this is about? Don't know what to make of it yet. I don't just believe anything that news sites publish. Too many people around just trying to invent conspiracy theories.

Brombi

"@O_Hal1t 28m
Tele5 says #Thiago has agreed of five year terms with #Bayern. Seems unlikely to me. Nothing is official in this case before clubs say so"

At this point, what I want to know is whether Tito and Barca management made any effort to convince Thiago Alcantara to stay. From what I have read, it appears that Barca management simply doesn't care about him leaving. :banghead:

it doesn't look that way. Tito really want's T.Silva and a sale of Thiago might finance it. But let's see, im convinced we will know his fate around sunday evening/night.

King Leo

Banned
I wrote this a month ago and the latest news is making this more real:

"In an parallel universe... Thiago goes to Byern to be looked after by Pep. Rosell's plans fall apart in a couple years and before him Tito is gone, Laporta becomes president and highers Pep after the Germans give up on the new coach who doesn't get them the big trophies, and along with Pep Thiago is brought back just when Xavi retires!"

;)

jklz

I wrote this a month ago and the latest news is making this more real:

"In an parallel universe... Thiago goes to Byern to be looked after by Pep. Rosell's plans fall apart in a couple years and before him Tito is gone, Laporta becomes president and highers Pep after the Germans give up on the new coach who doesn't get them the big trophies, and along with Pep Thiago is brought back just when Xavi retires!"

;)

Checks out, since Rosell's term ends in 2016; the same year that Pep's contract at Bayern expires :lol:

Home of Barca Fans