Thiago Translantara

hardyboy

Really now?

Neuer
Lahm - Martinez/Boateng/Dante (two out of three) - Alaba
Thiago/Schweinsteiger
Robben - Müller - Götze - Ribery
Mandzukic
Schweinsteiger controls the midfield of bayern, no way pep is gonna bench him for Thiago, In last year's champions league Bayern lost only one game that was with Arsenal, in which Schweinsteiger wasn't playing and their midfield was shit without him...

Meitux

You don't get it. I'm just saying if that was referred to Neymar then it's unfair and the "YouTube primadonna" is infact a very good talent, probably better than the "real" prospect thiago. The guy may not have even meant it that way so why argue.
Well yes Neymar had this tag because he was playing in brazilian leauge and it was easy about him there,but he proved it wrong in the confederations cup.As for Thiago,he already knew the style of the team and had the skills and abilities to be great for us.But unfortunatelly we will never know :p

loozy

Schweinsteiger controls the midfield of bayern, no way pep is gonna bench him for Thiago, In last year's champions league Bayern lost only one game that was with Arsenal, in which Schweinsteiger wasn't playing and their midfield was shit without him...

Hey, I'm just telling it as I see it. I have already been on record saying that I don't understand why Bayern bought Thiago anyways. This is what I can see Pep lining up anways.

L

Learo

Xavi and Iniesta weren't gods at this age either really, they were late bloomers. Talk down to Thiago all you want but if he gets the opportunity at Bayern, I have little doubt that he'll shine.

they were far better than thiago, anyone who saw them could testify to that. late bloombers? certainly not, but its true that iniesta was our 12th man for a long time, but his quality was immense. they had that something special which thiago doesnt have. never losing the ball and always finding a way out of the tightest of spaces with vision second to none. its not something you can simply develop in your 20s. thiago's highest potential is more like mikel arteta and the likes, not the greatest legends like ini and xavi.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I hope all the players with huge ego fighting for few midfield spots creates infighting in the bayern camp and they fall back to clasic fc Hollywood ways.

Edit... Again I see more good luck thiago posts. "I'm going to miss you". Miss what exactly? What did he actually do for the first team? You can't "miss" a player who didn't actually do anything right?

In the end thiago has made no difference to Barca at all. We were doing fine without him having an important role and will be fine in the future. It's almost as if he never played for us. All he ever did was come off the bench or play meaningless matches against lower half liga opposition.

Last edited:

Meitux

Hey, I'm just telling it as I see it. I have already been on record saying that I don't understand why Bayern bought Thiago anyways. This is what I can see Pep lining up anways.
Pep played today Lahm as DM :lol:, that doesnt mean he gonna use him there but lets just wait and see.As i have said many times,its a confusiong situation with so many great midfielders.Pep has really great and many options to use,the only sure for me that they wont lose their Place are Schweinsteiger and Gotze

ivan22

I'm so dissapointed by the barca board. How could they let him go? Look at how thin our midfield is now. Do they really think some B player with almost no first team experience is a good replacement? Look at the deep squad bayern has and then compare it to ours...it's a joke really. Xavi can't play 90% of the games - the important ones, yes - but he's an old man soon...what a joke. And next season they're going to spend millions on a central midfielder, I can see it already. Bayern will crush us again next season. Maybe we will have a magnificent first half of the season again but in spring (and we all know that's the most important season in football) we will struggle because of how thin our squad is.

/rant over

loozy

Pep played today Lahm as DM :lol:, that doesnt mean he gonna use him there but lets just wait and see.As i have said many times,its a confusiong situation with so many great midfielders.Pep has really great and many options to use,the only sure for that that wont lose their Place are Schweinsteiger and Gotze

I highly doubt that when the stakes are high (important games and not warm-up friendlies which are a joke for Bayern anyways) that Lahm will play DM; I didn't draw my line-up from any what Pep has done before with Bayern, these are just my thoughts.

Anyways. He has a great many options, yes, but he also has a bunch of stars and he needs to reign them in in the WC-year and he will need all his diplomatic skills.

Meitux

I highly doubt that when the stakes are high (important games and not warm-up friendlies which are a joke for Bayern anyways) that Lahm will play DM; I didn't draw my line-up from any what Pep has done before with Bayern, these are just my thoughts.

Anyways. He has a great many options, yes, but he also has a bunch of stars and he needs to reign them in in the WC-year and he will need all his diplomatic skills.
I said that as a joke,he will never use Lahm as DM its a really stupid idea :D.I r know what he thought about today and played him there

L

Learo

I'm so dissapointed by the barca board. How could they let him go? Look at how thin our midfield is now. Do they really think some B player with almost no first team experience is a good replacement? Look at the deep squad bayern has and then compare it to ours...it's a joke really. Xavi can't play 90% of the games - the important ones, yes - but he's an old man soon...what a joke. And next season they're going to spend millions on a central midfielder, I can see it already. Bayern will crush us again next season. Maybe we will have a magnificent first half of the season again but in spring (and we all know that's the most important season in football) we will struggle because of how thin our squad is.

/rant over

our midfield isnt thin. busi and song are never injured, both are at ease as CMs, and iniesta and cesc will mostly play midfield now with neymar signed. the 6th midfielder wont get many chances, but it is a toss up between roberto and samper (if he impresses for the b team).

Home of Barca Fans