Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Something else to consider: who will take Del Bosque's place as coach of Spain? It's Pep's if he wants it, and my bet is sooner than later. If not 2014 WC, then 2018 for sure, and Thiago will be in his prime. I'm sure Thiago's realistic about the competition for midfield positions in the Spanish team. It's always going to be ridiculously competitive, and he'd be unlikely to make more than a bench spot in 2014, if at all.

Pep is very pro-Catalan independence, I doubt he'd do international work. He's the kind of guy who requires a lot of time spent with his squad, he can't be as active and imposing of a coach if they only see him once every few months. Same reason why Sacchi didn't like being Italy's coach.

I'm betting Lopetegui will take over, seems like the most logical choice.

spark

Oh I know very well the players he is competing with considering I have been watching Bayern munich since the days of Effenberg I know the surroundings of that team quite well, i think he made the wrong choice going to Bayern but if he thinks he will get more playing time at Bayern so be it he was not going to get any more at Barca because we prefer to play alexis and pedro over him.

Scrap that misread the post:
Thiago was competing with a out of form Pedro and Alexis and even Cesc who went missing against big boys for playing time he deserved more game time I dont blame him for leaving Barca

But they dont play in his position. You might as well say out of form Alves was played over him.

But they dont play in his position. You might as well say out of form Alves was played over him.

The team was pretty much changed so guys like Cesc in particular (I have some serious hate on him I dont know why LOL) would get game time, Thiago deserved such treatment too, we also overplayed Xavi in irrelevant games that were ideal slots for Thiago to play in

ShandyFFM

Just bought a Thiago kit last season :facepalm: i really dont know who we should thanks for this. Rosell the management, Pep, Thiago, or his father ?

i could cry so hard i always saw Thiago as our biggest star in the future with only 22 years. Now we los 0:7 to Bayern and give them our best players so they will get stronger and might combine their style with our barca style to a new one which might be unbeatable.

Does this mean Song and Cesc get more time ? or do we get an other midfielder ? or only a promoted S.Roberto ? Just imagine Xavi injured for half the season and Cesc playing the midfielder :facepalm:

jairzinho

:(

Man, am I sad... Thiago is easily one of the players I enjoy the most...

Maybe I am just pessimistic, but I think today is sadly a somehow important day for the club, as a promising young player, educated in our academies, decides to leave for a club that he will face equal or maybe even more competition for a place in the starting 11. When something like this happens it is a clear indication that something wrong is going on with the way our club is run.

What a sad sad day...

We are losing a player who would have become a key player in the future. Pretty near future, in fact, with Xavi's decline.

You're just thinking in present terms. As a future prospect, Thiago offered a LOT and losing him means losing a player who could be among the best in the world in the future. He would've been a very crucial player for us going forward, but now we don't have that option.

Exactly the way I feel ATM.

BerkeleyBernie

I know what this thread needs-

man_in_the_middle.jpg

It's crazy that fans have more sympathy for one of Barca's haters and enemies than for Barca's coach simply b.c a player doesn't want to be here. Holy s.it
Goes to show much the Fan boy virus can blind us.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Why what? Tito? Never liked his personality. But as a coach, he did very well in the Liga - better than I expected. But we could clearly see the team was struggling many times. I'd like Laudrup to be our coach, even though he played for Madrid.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's crazy that fans have more sympathy for one of Barca's haters and enemies than for Barca's coach simply b.c a player doesn't want to be here. Holy s.it
Goes to show much the Fan boy virus can blind us.

Thing is I'm just in a bad mood, actually I don't have sympathy for any of them.

Home of Barca Fans