Thiago Translantara

I'm sry, this is just f*cked up to say - but I actually have more sympathy for Mou in this pic than Tito. Even I would like to do this to Tito atm.

I'm massively pissed (which is a huge understatement) at Tito for making Thiago leave (as well as our overall season, especially the big games) and want him out, but come on, you're taking things too far :lol:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sad day. I was really hoping to see Neymar and Thiago together...could have been so much swag.

I am very interested to see what Pep plans to unleash tactically speaking this season. I foresee this not working out, like I really think Thiago is making a mistake here. At this point in time, Mueller, Kroos and Götze are better players than him. All have proven themselves at the highest level, particularly for Bayern and he is going to have a lot of pressure to perform.

If Pep plays favorites with him and sits all of them in favor of Thiago, that will not be good for the dressing room and could split the team.

There just seems to be a lot more to lose than gain from this move for both Pep and Thiago. This is honestly a huge gamble by Pep and unless Thiago becomes unplayable, this could be an epic fail for all parties involved. Pep would be wise to not show too much favoritism to Thiago.

Even tho this sux losing Thiago, it's not the doomsday scenario that everyone on here thinks it is. I can almost see the rational behind Tito and Rosell letting him go. Cesc, on his day, is still a monster guys and he and Iniesta can still dominate the MF. I'm really more frustrated with Thiago more than anyone else. You'd hope a player who has his entire career to thank Barça for would at least leave in more tasteful terms. His silence throughout all of this was annoying.

#cescorbust it seems

Faceless

No more faces at night
If he moves to Man Utd I can understand.. But Bayern? That's the last place I expected him to go besides Madrid! Lets hope things don't get bad for everyone after this.

Meitux

Sad day. I was really hoping to see Neymar and Thiago together...could have been so much swag.

I am very interested to see what Pep plans to unleash tactically speaking this season. I foresee this not working out, like I really think Thiago is making a mistake here. At this point in time, Mueller, Kroos and Götze are better players than him. All have proven themselves at the highest level, particularly for Bayern and he is going to have a lot of pressure to perform.

If Pep plays favorites with him and sits all of them in favor of Thiago, that will not be good for the dressing room and could split the team.

There just seems to be a lot more to lose than gain from this move for both Pep and Thiago. This is honestly a huge gamble by Pep and unless Thiago becomes unplayable, this could be an epic fail for all parties involved. Pep would be wise to not show too much favoritism to Thiago.
Thats the whole point for me,Even if its Pep.. Thiago just cant walk inside the starting 11 with already proven great players there,it would be a real shame benching any of them plus the fact is Martinez performs way better in midfield that defense to waste his talent.I dont know what Pep has in his mind with all those options but if certainly benches from the start people from the starting line up for Thiago there will be talks as you say that trusts him more cause of being together in Barcelona and stuff like that.Interesting what will be going on in Bayern,i cant wait for an official game of them to see a little bit of Pep's final plan.In the matter of fact if Thiago wanted to be a quaranteed starter Manchester United was the best choice

Last edited:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
We don't need players with Thiago's mentality, Tito exposed what kind of player he was.

You actually make a point, Thiago didn't have Barca in his heart, to think somebody on this forum said at one point he bled Barca :facepalm: His comment in 2011 about not dreaming to succeed at Barca should all of shown us the light.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Does anyone know what happened between Pep and Rosell that created so much bad blood between the two? Like the only thing I can think of was Cryuff being revoked of honorary president or whatever. Although he's a legend, he does talk too much.

The way I see it, this move from Pep was either bc a) he isn't liking what he is seeing from the current squad with their understanding of his gameplan so he needed someone who "gets it" and build from him out or b) it's a nice final fuck you to Rosell by stealing him during his reign. I'll say this much, if Laporta was still in control, this move probably wouldn't have materialized.

I'm just rather surprised that Pep feels like he absolutely needs Thiago for his setup before he's had any competitive matches with the squad. I think it's a more telling sign than people realize. Perhaps this season will show that not everyone can play tiki-taka :pep:

Home of Barca Fans