Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There is nothing to orchestrate,

It's as simple as pay the the clause and that's it.
I was just pointing out how it is so much easier when the player you want so bad is represented by your brother.

Or the fact that Pep is a coach that Thiago easily trusted and loved? Thiago wouldn't have moved to Bayern if he didn't want to, regardless of Pep or Pere.

That's just a conspiracy theory. If not bayern, he'd be going to man utd. He wasn't going to stay, anyway. I don't know his reasons, but it was clear he wasn't staying this time.

I was just answering the question as to why bayern were able to get Thiago like that from us. I said that having your brother as the agent who represents the player must certainly be an advantage to negotiate.
I'm aware he would have or could have gone to united as well.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Or the fact that Pep is a coach that Thiago easily trusted and loved? Thiago wouldn't have moved to Bayern if he didn't want to, regardless of Pep or Pere.

Thiago wouldn't have moved to Bayern if it wasn't for Pep.

He has a lot of potential and was more suited for Xavi's role than Cesc is but he lost the ball a lot last year. Aside from the Euros Final, it was Illarramendi who really shined in the midfield for La Rojita.

Don't get me wrong he's a good player but we could find somebody comparable. I feel like the kid Oliver Torres could make all us forget about him.

F

Flavia

I was just answering the question as to why bayern were able to get Thiago like that from us. I said that having your brother as the agent who represents the player must certainly be an advantage to negotiate.
I'm aware he would have or could have gone to united as well.
Barça got more than his 18m buyout, so it wasn't the worst deal on the end. The only way pere would made a difference in bayern's favor were if Barça somehow got less.

I have never suggested he has been forced to move there. I was simply pointing out why having a brother who represents the player you want makes things easier. I'm sure pep must love and trust Thiago.

Loved him and trusted him so much that he brought him Cesc to make him company. ( ignore this sentence, it's a joke).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thiago wouldn't have moved to Bayern if it wasn't for Pep.

He has a lot of potential and was more suited for Xavi's role than Cesc is but he lost the ball a lot last year anyways. Aside from the Euros Final, it was Illarramendi who really shined in the midfield for La Rojita.

Don't get me wrong he's a good player but we could find somebody comparable. I feel like the kid Oliver Torres could make all us forget about him.

It was because of Pep, but not because Pep and Pere 'tricked' him into it because of their relationship. It's cause he actually wanted to work with Pep. If he wanted to go to United then nothing they would've said could stop him. The whole "brothers" thing really doesn't do much about it, since it was Thiago's final choice.

Barça got more than his 18m buyout, so it wasn't the worst deal on the end. The only way pere would made a difference in bayern's favor were if Barça somehow got less.

No, i have never suggested it was a bad deal. I think we got about the right price. That's why I said there is no conspiracy here. Any team would only have to pay the clause to get him ( If Barca refused to negotiate).

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Why? Thiago Alcantara is not a Barca player. Why should I wish him well?

He has nothing to do with Barca now.

I don't wish him any good or bad. I could care less about Thiago Alcantara.

I hope Pep falls flat on his face in Bayern and pisses off their supporters trying to fit Thiago in his Starting XI. I'm sure Kroos is the one that is going to get shafted in the big games if Thiago plays them.

What a shame it is to move Javi Martinez from being a DM. He played well as a CB under Bielsa but he's a fantastic DM. It was pissing me off how easily he was muscling Xavi and Iniesta off the ball during our CL tie last season.

So who gets shafted in the back to accommodate Javi? Boateng or Dante?

I'm sure the Germans just love a Spaniard taking a German's spot during a World Cup year.

Elite-BkD

Am I the only one in the world who'd consider Montoya comparable to Thiago in terms of being a great prospect? Not to mention a more important one considering our current squad and the positions the two youngsters play.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Am I the only one in the world who'd consider Montoya comparable to Thiago in terms of being a great prospect? Not to mention a more important one considering our current squad and the positions the two youngsters play.

Montoya is the only of our current canteranos who's comparable to Thiago. Bartra and Tello don't show the same potential

ryuken

Im the one who defending him, good luck and may you develop well under Pep, Thiago. And i couldnt care less bout ppl wishing him ill or break his legs, those are just childish thoughts.

Home of Barca Fans