Thiago Translantara

Meitux

Holy crap, Muller and Kroos are only 23.. then Alaba and Gotze, both world class, are barely out of their teens.... That's scary
They don't have Lewa yet, if Mandzukic ends up being second choice/Plan B to a false 9 Gotze (and still performs well) then maybe they won't need Lewa and he, realising that, will join a top club REALLY that need a striker (Chelsea?), and that's all assuming he has a good season. He's has a good pre-season, but so had Aubameyang, I guess we'll wait and see (although Bayern are definite favourites to sign him).
Mandzukic is a very good player but Lewandowski is better and besides that,Pizarro is propably leaving next summer.So they need a striker,Lewa will propably be starter and Mandzukic backup

AvocadoCake

Mandzukic is a very good player but Lewandowski is better and besides that,Pizarro is propably leaving next summer.So they need a striker,Lewa will propably be starter and Mandzukic backup

Agree about Lewa>Mandzukic, but if Mandzukic is turned into a plan B player and Lewa is his replacement, I'm sure Lewandowski wouldn't be very overjoyed in joining Bayern's bench. All speculation and "what if?"s but a lot can happen over the course of a year.

Meitux

Agree about Lewa>Mandzukic, but if Mandzukic is turned into a plan B player and Lewa is his replacement, I'm sure Lewandowski wouldn't be very overjoyed in joining Bayern's bench. All speculation and "what if?"s but a lot can happen over the course of a year.
Well yes its a bit a lot of time before he goes there but i saw that he turned down an offer from Madrid just to go to Bayern so i dont see him moving anywhere.Klopp said so that its pretty sure.I dont believe they will have 2 good strikers in the bench and especially Lewa with his quality and all the hype around this transfer.Pep would play someone as false 9 or he wouldnt,we dont know which are his plans ,Gotze hasnt trained yet.We need to wait for some official games to see what he plans

Stric

Did he not say that he wanted to be successful in football, not necessarily at Barca? *was some user's signature afair*

Possibly, but the point is - if he had the same chances of improving and playing in Barca and Bayern, of course he'd rather choose to stay in Barca. Why would a player want to get a pay cut and leave the club where he's playing with Lionel freaking Messi? Thiago left because he thinks his career will improve in Bayern, not because he has anything against Barcelona. It's a career choice, nothing more.

KluivertsBoots

It's tough seeing him at Bayern, but I'm surprised that after less than a week of being linked with them he's already laughing and making good friends with the other squad members. He provides flair and creativity to a Bayern team that was mainly focused on tactical and systemic discipline, which adds an entirely new dimension of their play to be magnified under Pep. With their team only getting better over the years due to the massive amount of young talent, we might see the first true monopoly of the CL trophy under this Bayern side. Barca's reign over Europe was perhaps the best in history but I think the Bayern squad is much better suited to knockout tournament competitions and will be the more likely team to really hog the CL for the next few years and will be absolute favorites to maintain it in 13/14.

Young players they'll have: Thiago, Kroos, Muller, Gotze, Alaba, Shaqiri, Martinez, Lewandowski, and I don't even know who their budding academy stars are...

Barca can step up and fight for top spot again, but Bayern are extremely formidable competitors along with many other clubs who are on the rise.

Matthias Sammer is a genius technical director. He is one of the smartest football men, maybe the smartest, I have ever heard speak on the subject. His influence has elevated Bayern to their current status. As long as he remains at the club, they will be extremely formidable. The combination of he and Pep is mind-blowing.

loozy

Matthias Sammer is a genius technical director. He is one of the smartest football men, maybe the smartest, I have ever heard speak on the subject. His influence has elevated Bayern to their current status. As long as he remains at the club, they will be extremely formidable. The combination of he and Pep is mind-blowing.

Interesting that you say that when in Germany, the majority of people and media are wondering what the hell Sammer is actually doing at Bayern ;)

KluivertsBoots

Interesting that you say that when in Germany, the majority of people and media are wondering what the hell Sammer is actually doing at Bayern ;)

I'd imagine the concept of a person like Sammer in a club hierarchy is a relatively new concept in Germany. He is the perfect person to bridge between a manager/president-board. The man is a genius. He and Bielsa are the only two people I've heard in extensive tactical sessions who've dropped my jaw to the floor.

loozy

I'd imagine the concept of a person like Sammer in a club hierarchy is a relatively new concept in Germany. He is the perfect person to bridge between a manager/president-board. The man is a genius. He and Bielsa are the only two people I've heard in extensive tactical sessions who've dropped my jaw to the floor.

He knows his youth work, yes, but what happened at Bayern last season is down to Hoeneß who did all the important deal (Martinez, Guardiola) and Heynckes; Sammer actually just talked a big game and collected accolades.

jklz

1. Byern don’t have valdez to spread the ball into the mid-field with accurate passes right from the back, so neuer will find himself passing the ball in his comfort zone under the boss who just doesn’t likes to lose the ball.

I think Neuer will do just fine:

ibqDfYohdRnIHK.gif

Jadentheman

You gits are boring. I think I have to go to BayernZone from now on to gat my Thiago fix.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Home of Barca Fans