Thiago Translantara

R

reno

Honestly, apart from the Villarreal game i haven't found his performances outstanding or even Good, just OK. I know i may be seen as the Anti-Christ by saying this, but Fabregas is a much better player. Thiago has a long way to go, and he needs to learn to hold on to the ball. Recent games his passing has been off, and thats not the Barca style. I think people are over rating him.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
It's not that people are over-rating him. Loads of people on this forum have seen him play for Juvenil A, Barça B and now slowly becoming a first-teamer.

Problem with him is that, like Meta said, he plays as if he'd have something to prove and instead of going for the simple option he tends to complicate things a bit. He does have all the talent in the world, he just needs to mature a fair bit.

And I think nobody questions the fact that Fabregas is currently the better player. Would be silly to claim otherwise, really.

Barcafan 2304

It's not that people are over-rating him. Loads of people on this forum have seen him play for Juvenil A, Barça B and now slowly becoming a first-teamer.

Problem with him is that, like Meta said, he plays as if he'd have something to prove and instead of going for the simple option he tends to complicate things a bit. He does have all the talent in the world, he just needs to mature a fair bit.

And I think nobody questions the fact that Fabregas is currently the better player. Would be silly to claim otherwise, really.

Nope, but thats usually the way with every player. He needs experience and to learn, thats all.

Barcafan 2304

Cheers Galning. I agree with the above poster. A lad with huge promise and who we have invested 6 years in.....logic surely dictates he will be given the chance at Barca

zanela

It just appeared to me the quality of opposition seem to dictate his performances. Higher the quality, better the performances. The Manchester City, Milan, Villarreal games validate it. He's also always the star performer for his youth sides at the national level. But he does appear lax when playing the lower sides. Must be a motivation thing. What we do know is that he's uber talented and all he needs is consistency which 'll come with time. (as has been said already)

Trading him for any x, y, z is ludicrous. The only thing that seperates Thiago and Cesc is experience. If his development isn't hampered, the boy will be a better player at Cesc's age. (you can quote me on that one)

Chygrinskiy21

What's this bullshit I keep hearing of 31M+Thiago for Cesc????????? This is the most retarded idea I've heard since loaning Messi. I would maybe, just maybe consider Cesc+310M for Thiago. Yes, that 0 is not a typo.

Rossell, don't fuck up... you'll regret selling Thiago,

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
What's this bullshit I keep hearing of 31M+Thiago for Cesc????????? This is the most retarded idea I've heard since loaning Messi. I would maybe, just maybe consider Cesc+310M for Thiago. Yes, that 0 is not a typo.

Rossell, don't fuck up... you'll regret selling Thiago,

:wub:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It just appeared to me the quality of opposition seem to dictate his performances. Higher the quality, better the performances. The Manchester City, Milan, Villarreal games validate it. He's also always the star performer for his youth sides at the national level. But he does appear lax when playing the lower sides. Must be a motivation thing. What we do know is that he's uber talented and all he needs is consistency which 'll come with time. (as has been said already)

Trading him for any x, y, z is ludicrous. The only thing that seperates Thiago and Cesc is experience. If his development isn't hampered, the boy will be a better player at Cesc's age. (you can quote me on that one)

City and Milan. :lol:

when you're trawling friendlies as examples of the kid's awesome, you're trying too hard.

we all know he's amazing, the VR performance was the perfect example of that, but he's young, arrogant & inconsistent. and he has to get over that if he wants to progress.

zanela

City and Milan. :lol:

when you're trawling friendlies as examples of the kid's awesome, you're trying too hard.

Those who 've followed his progress from his youth levels need no intro to his brilliance. I'm not trying hard, rather stating an observation i've made. The Gamper may not be as big a deal for you but its a platform for the kids to showcase their talents and an opportunity to grab more game time in to the season. Not so long ago, Messi did it against Juve. Our Season opener has usually been a closely contested affair. Milan and City may not be top-class opposition in your eyes but they are still better than the Racings & Osasunas he's faced so far.

If i may add, hes superior to anything emerging from your United factory currently. But then your poor scouting lets you down. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans