Thiago Translantara

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, you can interpret it the other way around. If it were a transitional team we were talking about, there would be more chances for players to break through, whereas if it's one of the best teams in history the chance is a lot slimmer. I guess every player has his own reasons, but at least, to cite a recent example, Nolito would probably have had many more chances at the wing if it had been the Barcelona of the late 90s or early 00s, with an inconsistent and injury prone Overmars, or later on, a supremely unreliable Quaresma (to recall high profile examples). By the same logic, Fabregas would have had more chances had he stuck through as Iniesta was no more than an emerging promise, Xavi was still being questioned by the media, and Riquelme was... well... long story - whether or not it had to do with him being misused, played out of position, or having trouble adapting, the point still stands. Cesc had more reasons to stay given the apparent opportunity, but he decided to jump an apparently sinking ship.
Now, Thiago has the daunting challenge of being the substitute of Xavi, now recognized for his unique ability and even called the best midfielder ever, and Iniesta, also rated very highly. Yet, whether out of confidence or loyalty, he has so far decided to stay. It has far more merit than Cesc's departure.
There are valid arguments both in favor and against the purchase of Cesc, but either way, Thiago's future in the team should have nothing to do with it.

Nice post. There's also a question of Pep's willingness to tough it out with Bojan and Thiago considering his impeding departure.
Rumors of Cesc and Rossi/Sanchez and loaning of Thiago and Bojan somewhat add to that theory.
In other words pep goes for big guns in his last season with Barca in order to go out with a bang.

W

woobie

Meanwhile, Thiago is on his way to the U21s in Denmark with his friend Iker Muniain of Bilbao:

scaled.php

Barcafan 2304

Nice post. There's also a question of Pep's willingness to tough it out with Bojan and Thiago considering his impeding departure.
Rumors of Cesc and Rossi/Sanchez and loaning of Thiago and Bojan somewhat add to that theory.
In other words pep goes for big guns in his last season with Barca in order to go out with a bang.

That would be sad if true. I'd be expecting and hoping that whether or not this is his last season, he will have the long-term vision in mind

Ocurrente

sending Thiago on loan would be as stupid as sending Messi on loan to Espanyol, just like Barcelona was considering back in 2005, Thiago is first team material. I hope he stays.

W

woobie

:lol: Ain't gonna happen.

I really don't think Thiago is going to go anywhere next year.

Home of Barca Fans