Thiago Translantara

Alarcón

Lol who told you that :lol:

He insisted on buying Thiago when Bayern already had a dozen of great midfielders and they obeyed him. They spared no effort to lure Pep to Munich and they're paying him an incredible amount of wages so I reckon they also entrust him with transfer business. Plus, Pep would never coach at a club where he doesn't have full control.

Maria

ChillyUnluckyCopperbutterfly.gif

Yup. Case in point. They bought Gotze and not Neymar.
And because of that Pep felt like he could convince them to buy him Thiago..remember that he came out and said that Thiago is the only player that he wants and that is him or no one else. I don't remember Pep doing something like that for any other player.

Plus, Pep would never coach at a club where he doesn't have full control.

He coached Barca though..

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And because of that Pep felt like he could convince them to buy him Thiago..remember that he came out and said that Thiago is the only player that he wants and that is him or no one else. I don't remember Pep doing something like that for any other player.

Dmytro Chygryrnskiy?

AfricanBavarian

He insisted on buying Thiago when Bayern already had a dozen of great midfielders and they obeyed him. They spared no effort to lure Pep to Munich and they're paying him an incredible amount of wages so I reckon they also entrust him with transfer business. Plus, Pep would never coach at a club where he doesn't have full control.

They did do a lot bring him to Munich but Pep hardly has control over transfers like you said, it doesnt work that way at Bayern. Sammer, KHR, and Uli have the major say on most deals but Pep has a say but not like at most clubs. The Thiago transfer was something the board thought was smart and sanctioned it. The fact that he originally asked for Neymar but the board disagreed and went for Gotze shows exactly what i mean

B

beautifulgame

Ibra? Didn't he say was only player that could get team to play like he wanted?

B

beautifulgame

They did do a lot bring him to Munich but Pep hardly has control over transfers like you said, it doesnt work that way at Bayern. Sammer, KHR, and Uli have the major say on most deals but Pep has a say but not like at most clubs. The Thiago transfer was something the board thought was smart and sanctioned it. The fact that he originally asked for Neymar but the board disagreed and went for Gotze shows exactly what i mean

This

Maria

Dmytro Chygryrnskiy?

I honestly don't remember..before we bought Alexis he said that he hopes that everything will be sorted out more quickly and that he spoke with him on the phone, but other than I don't think that he was very involved in transfers.

JamDav1982

Pep himself said that he talked with Neymar and it was clear that he wanted to join Barca. The interest ended there.

It was not a case that the board blocked it rather Neymar stopped any talk of the move happening and Pep backed off.

AfricanBavarian

Pep himself said that he talked with Neymar and it was clear that he wanted to join Barca. The interest ended there.

It was not a case that the board blocked it rather Neymar stopped any talk of the move happening and Pep backed off.

I agree that Neymar would probably have chosen Barca but it was the boards decision not to show further interest other than Pep's own "individual" actions to try to lure him.

JamDav1982

I agree that Neymar would probably have chosen Barca but it was the boards decision not to show further interest other than Pep's own "individual" actions to try to lure him.

You think Pep was talking with Neymar before even clearing it with Bayern?

I am sure he would have been discussing targets with the club long before he met Neymar.

The statement that they chose to pursue Gotze over Neymar only came out after it was clear Neymar did not fancy the move.

AfricanBavarian

You think Pep was talking with Neymar before even clearing it with Bayern?

I am sure he would have been discussing targets with the club long before he met Neymar.

The statement that they chose to pursue Gotze over Neymar only came out after it was clear Neymar did not fancy the move.

Would they have let him go so easily if Bayern were actually interested? Maybe they could have been talks but nothing major from what i read...

JamDav1982

Would they have let him go so easily if Bayern were actually interested? Maybe they could have been talks but nothing major from what i read...

Let who go so easily?

There was no major talks with Neymar as Pep was told he did not fancy the move and that was before they signed Gotze.

Transfer targets would have been discussed by Pep and the Bayern board by then.

Home of Barca Fans