Thiago Translantara

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Nope he left because he has no value for loyalty. . . Look at what he did with his nationality. I watched a mini documentary about himself and Rafinha and the choices they made. . . You could already tell who the loyal one was.
of course his loyalty's-worth-shit-mentality played its part... But Pep surely had a lot of say in Thiago leaving us like he did

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nope he left because he has no value for loyalty. . . Look at what he did with his nationality. I watched a mini documentary about himself and Rafinha and the choices they made. . . You could already tell who the loyal one was.

So a guy who grew up in Spain, do not have the right to choose Spain as his national team?

DonAK

Those talking about loyalty, first describe loyalty, because I doubt they know a shit about what it is and what being unloyal really is. Thiago did nothing wrong. He would have left regardless of whether Pep came in for him or not. He went to Bayern because of Pep, but he didn't leave Barcelona because of him.

People are just butthurt because he is doing very well at Bayern.

Those talking about loyalty, first describe loyalty, because I doubt they know a shit about what it is and what being unloyal really is. Thiago did nothing wrong. He would have left regardless of whether Pep came in for him or not. He went to Bayern because of Pep, but he didn't leave Barcelona because of him.

People are just butthurt because he is doing very well at Bayern.

This. He left a club that treated him like shit to a team in another league and suddenly he's the next Figo :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
When you write your thank you card to Rosell, make sure to list Thiago among all the other gifts during his reign of terror

I

instinct

In what universe did the club treat him like shit? He was 21 and he had Iniesta Cesc and Xavi in front of him. Players like Roberto, Montoya or Bartra don't complain if they play less. Moreover a statistic which was already posted here some months ago prooves that Thiago played much more minutes than Iniesta and Xavi when they were 21.

Maybe he left because he was not patient enough. But why the hell did Barca treat him like shit?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
In what universe did the club treat him like shit? He was 21 and he had Iniesta Cesc and Xavi in front of him. Players like Roberto, Montoya or Bartra don't complain if they play less. Moreover a statistic which was already posted here some months ago prooves that Thiago played much more minutes than Iniesta and Xavi when they were 21.

Maybe he left because he was not patient enough. But why the hell did Barca treat him like shit?
the only way they treated him like shit was by buying Cesc... and here comes Pep again! The one who had always believed in Thiago!!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pep, the only coach that actually played Thiago and whose trust he had, even after the return of the player who bolted the club to begin with in Cesc...Didn't see Tito or the board show confidence in the player...In fact the cantera has been a mess since Rosell's board came into power - loans, sales, purchases and yet no one promoted that wasn't already shown confidence by Pep 3 seasons earlier...This despite Pep promoting a B player on a nearly annual basis

This is what happens when you deviate from your ethos & the foundation on which the club has flourished

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Wow over 800 pages in Thiago thread and people still angry about him leaving, I say relax, we have Rafihna, Thiago left because he knew that his brother is better and no way he could compete with him in the future :)

DonAK

Bartra almost left. Montoya almost left and still might leave, but that's only an outside chance. Bartra wanted to leave in summer, but Puyol persuaded him to stay. Had Tata not started playing him more this season then he would have left in summer on free and so would Montoya. There is no doubt about that in my mind.

That's three players coming through the ranks who left/almost left. Surely that's saying something? Maybe something is wrong? Or perhaps the big bad bald wolf Pep Guardiola was after them all? :pep:

I would not use the word shit, but the club showed nothing that would say that they wanted him to stay. Could have easily played him in the last matches in the season and raised his release clause(Avoided it decreasing) and they could have persuaded him to stay and told him that he would get more chances which he infact deserved. He got nothing of them and he left. Fair enough. He met with Zubi and Tito for a reason. Staying was probably his first choice, but taking everything into consideration, he decided to leave.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He may have improved in second half - not been watching - but in first half he was nothing like a 'prime Xavi' and gave the ball away a lot.
I didn't see him give away the ball once in the first half, so he definitely didn't give it away a lot. Maybe one or two times.

Home of Barca Fans