Thiago Translantara

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It kills me to see him playing so well at CM, and not for Barca. Truly kills me. Losing him will haunt this club for a long time.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's understating Xavi in his prime to say that Thiago is that good right now. It's hard to predict how good Thiago can become, but Xavi was just in a realm of his own in terms of passing intelligence and tactical awareness in his prime. Now in a deeper and more conservative role he's not the same animal, but in his prime he was playing at an otherworldly level.

Thiago has similarities in the fact that he plays a dominant role in passing play and moves in between the lines to transition the play but he is more creator/playmaker than tempo-setter/playmaker. Needless to say, he's a brilliant CM and a joy to watch.

V

voodoomaster

Wasnt Psg offering 80 million Euros for xavi some years back? Think of it, thiago to replace him, and a good load of money. And xavi could have come back and be the main man at the bench.

DinhoR10

He didnt seem that great to me, looked no different than the restless xavi of this season although i suppose that may be an improvement from thiago last season. Maybe it was iniesta hogging the limelight but he just didnt wow me much.

F

Flavia

It kills me to see him playing so well at CM, and not for Barca. Truly kills me. Losing him will haunt this club for a long time.

Indeed. I don't think he'll be as good as Xavi; in his prime Xavi was one of the best midfielders ever, if not the best. But Thiago is the closest to that right now. And Barça let him go... so, so stupid.

i_bleed_blaugrana

It is a shame that he left and in his situation, I'd do the same thing. Board and Tito should have literally licked his ass to stay but instead they apparently did the opposite. Loyalty is one thing but as has been mentioned prior, this club is deviating from its ethos too much recently and especially since we always used to put the youth first, spitting in his face like this almost deserves a certain type of retribution. Especially since he is continuing to be groomed by Pep, why should he have stayed?

Anyway, he looked fantastic tonight. Finally showing the maturity and domination of the ball that he displayed at the youth levels on the big stage and seems to be making the transition to world class. Not sure if we should be comparing him to Xavi just yet but he certainly seems destined to take his mantle once he retires.

Worry not tho guys, we got Rafinha ;) he shows everything that his brother possess with a bit more tenacity. Plus, never rule out him returning. You never know how things go in football and an epic Cesc like return saga to play alongside his brother certainly doesn't seem impossible.

The Observer

lol It's impossible that he'll return. Bayern don't allow players to leave unless they are scrubs. Hargreaves was basically a crook, broke his leg and asked to leave - even then they refused to sell him to United, negotiated for over a year and finally accepted for a Bundesliga record fee at the time. It's likelier that Ronaldo becomes a Barca player. Just forget about him.

Also Rafinha certainly doesn't have everything his brother has. To begin with, he's not a particularly good passer nor a playmaker. Guy wants to dribble and drive forward, not sit and dictate. Busquets-Rafinha-Cesc will never happen and if it happens it will be shit. We'll have to invest. Hilariously enough Jonathan dos Santos is the only La Masia prospect right now with the profile of a passing midfielder but people hate his guts because he ain't Spanish / Catalan / Brazilian. Look how much everyone loved Sergi Roberto (although JdS is far better, Tata saw this immediately) and wanted him to succeed before they slowly but surely realized that he's a glorified Tom Cleverley.

spark

lol It's impossible that he'll return. Bayern don't allow players to leave unless they are scrubs. Hargreaves was basically a crook, broke his leg and asked to leave - even then they refused to sell him to United, negotiated for over a year and finally accepted for a Bundesliga record fee at the time. It's likelier that Ronaldo becomes a Barca player. Just forget about him.

Also Rafinha certainly doesn't have everything his brother has. To begin with, he's not a particularly good passer nor a playmaker. Guy wants to dribble and drive forward, not sit and dictate. Busquets-Rafinha-Cesc will never happen and if it happens it will be shit. We'll have to invest. Hilariously enough Jonathan dos Santos is the only La Masia prospect right now with the profile of a passing midfielder but people hate his guts because he ain't Spanish / Catalan / Brazilian. Look how much everyone loved Sergi Roberto (although JdS is far better, Tata saw this immediately) and wanted him to succeed before they slowly but surely realized that he's a glorified Tom Cleverley.

ryuken

Well Rosell and Tito are gone so they dont give a bull crap about what they have done, so much facepalm >.<

Home of Barca Fans