Thiago Translantara

slicknick

Well Rosell and Tito are gone so they dont give a bull crap about what they have done, so much facepalm >.<

THIS! And now, we have to live w/ the consequences of what they've done :angry:
And Thiago is only one side of the story, same applies to no reinforcements to the defence, along with many other things that Rosell&Tito messed up on

rixxer

lol It's impossible that he'll return. Bayern don't allow players to leave unless they are scrubs. Hargreaves was basically a crook, broke his leg and asked to leave - even then they refused to sell him to United, negotiated for over a year and finally accepted for a Bundesliga record fee at the time. It's likelier that Ronaldo becomes a Barca player. Just forget about him.

Also Rafinha certainly doesn't have everything his brother has. To begin with, he's not a particularly good passer nor a playmaker. Guy wants to dribble and drive forward, not sit and dictate. Busquets-Rafinha-Cesc will never happen and if it happens it will be shit. We'll have to invest. Hilariously enough Jonathan dos Santos is the only La Masia prospect right now with the profile of a passing midfielder but people hate his guts because he ain't Spanish / Catalan / Brazilian. Look how much everyone loved Sergi Roberto (although JdS is far better, Tata saw this immediately) and wanted him to succeed before they slowly but surely realized that he's a glorified Tom Cleverley.

Well, I agree that for now there isn't much reason to hope that he returns, but I've mentioned it earlier in this thread, much depends on Pep, imho. I still believe it came down to Pep why he decided to go Bayern (but maybe not to leave). And we all presume that it is a bit unlikely that Pep will coach bayern more than 3-4 seasons. But of course, we don't know that. If, for example, Pep decides to leave (or is forced to leave by media which is a factor in Munich) and there is going to be a new coach ( Mourinholike), then I do not see that Thiago is willing to change his game. Again, it just a opinion, but I just cant see Thiago play like in the team that relies on muscular, counter attacking play. I repeat myself once again, it seems that thiagos fate is bound to Pep's.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Kid is definitely going to Brazil after this. Played like Xavi in his prime tonight.

I don't think so. Thiago will be better than Xavi ever was in a few years, IMO.
Let me tell you one thing, you have probably never seen Xavi playing in his prime if you say this.
:neymar: :VdB:
tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif

tumblr_mfbj793zmM1qakrdzo2_250.gif

nxkih3.jpg.gif

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Well Rosell and Tito are gone so they dont give a bull crap about what they have done, so much facepalm >.<

I guess Pep has also left because of Rosell, if Pep had stayed, Thiago would have stayed. I had a hope that Pep would become Barca's Sir Alex Ferguson and train team for many years. Can you imagine Pep managing team with Messi, Neymar, Thiago and company...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you new to Barca? pep said from the day 1 that he won't be staying for long at Barca. But yeah, blame Rosell.

hulinat

Are you new to Barca? pep said from the day 1 that he won't be staying for long at Barca. But yeah, blame Rosell.

But why would Pep have wanted to force Thiago out of Barca? The reason Thiago chose Bayern was because Pep is the coach.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep did always maintain he would be ready to leave... But Rosell is the one who triggered that man.

And yeah, Thiago leaving has a lot to do with Pep... I wouldn't exactly blame Rosell, or Tito either, for that shit

F

Flavia

Pep did always maintain he would be ready to leave... But Rosell is the one who triggered that man.

And yeah, Thiago leaving has a lot to do with Pep... I wouldn't exactly blame Rosell, or Tito either, for that shit

Everything played a part. Tito, Pep, the world cup. I think Thiago biggest motivation was to take part in the wc in Brazil. Staying at Barça, with tito as coach, and he would never achieve that. Now he's going.

Also Song. Had zubi and tito not panicked, and not bought song, Thiago could've had more playing time, as xavi and busi backup. I doubt he'd complain about it, as all he wanted was to play. And then this season Xavi would be getting some rest, having somone capable of filling his shoes. And Barça wouldn't be a good midfielder shorter, and being linked with Vidal and Gundogan.

spark

With or without Song Thiago still would have missed the 1st 2 months of the season then missed another 6 weeks until until December. Leaving that aside, Song was never chosen ahead of Thiago in any game that Thiago wasn't injured.They usually played at the same time. When Thiago did play DM in one game , members here had a meltdown over Tito 'playing him out of position' in typical Barcaforum fashion.

Grimwig

anyone here trying to blame pep for thiago leaving is utterly in denial. thiago just said himself:

"I would have left Barcelona for any team, just so I would no longer be warming the bench.
It was my own decision to leave Barcelona. Nobody put a gun to my head and forced me to go. I didn't get the feeling the club believed in me. That's why I moved on. I left Barcelona because I wanted to be happy again and play football on a regular basis. I found exactly what I was looking for here at Bayern."

http://www.beinsports.tv/news/artic...ago-alcantara-denies-owing-barcelona-anything

i find it ridiculous that people are slandering pep. the fault is not of any person or thing exterior of barca, the fault lies entirely within barca's hierarchy. we fucked up. it's very simple. tito misused thiago and disillusioned him.

JamDav1982

anyone here trying to blame pep for thiago leaving is utterly in denial. thiago just said himself:

"I would have left Barcelona for any team, just so I would no longer be warming the bench.
It was my own decision to leave Barcelona. Nobody put a gun to my head and forced me to go. I didn't get the feeling the club believed in me. That's why I moved on. I left Barcelona because I wanted to be happy again and play football on a regular basis. I found exactly what I was looking for here at Bayern."

http://www.beinsports.tv/news/artic...ago-alcantara-denies-owing-barcelona-anything

i find it ridiculous that people are slandering pep. the fault is not of any person or thing exterior of barca, the fault lies entirely within barca's hierarchy. we fucked up. it's very simple. tito misused thiago and disillusioned him.

That is Thiago saying he wanted to be a first team starter and playing all the big games etc.

He was rightfully not getting that last year at Barca as he was the fourth best CM.

Pep did contribute to that problem by signing Cesc and limiting the opportunities available to Thiago.

The club faced a decision in the summer in that they could not keep both Cesc and Thiago happy - one of them was always going to leave and in reality Cesc had been the better player the previous two seasons.

F

Flavia

The club faced a decision in the summer in that they could not keep both Cesc and Thiago happy

Yeah... that's pure bs. You say this all the time as if it were a fact, but this is only your point of view.

But the actual fact is Barça is one top midfielder short. Or Vidal wouldn't be linked to the club, and the media wouldn't be saying a top cm should be signed. Xavi being overplayed, etc. It's not even funny discussing this anymore.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He was our second best midfielder after Iniesta last season, could argue that Cesc was better the first half of the season, but not even close the rest. To say that Xavi was better Thiago last season is just delusional and a lie, IMO.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yeah... that's pure bs. You say this all the time as if it were a fact, but this is only your point of view.

But the actual fact is Barça is one top midfielder short. Or Vidal wouldn't be linked to the club, and the media wouldn't be saying a top cm should be signed. Xavi being overplayed, etc. It's not even funny discussing this anymore.

You don't get Vidal just to not overplay Xavi. He comes to play regularly, and either It's him who has to be a starter or Xavi. And none settle for a part time role.

Home of Barca Fans