Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

You don't get Vidal just to not overplay Xavi. He comes to play regularly, and either It's him who has to be a starter or Xavi. And none settle for a part time role.

I know that. But that rumor started because of some underwhelming performances from Xavi, due mostly to fatigue and his chronic injury. Signing someone like Vidal would create a huge problem for Barça. I doubt Xavi would be ok with being benched. It'd be like casillas and diego lopez.

The Observer

Vidal is not a playmaker. Busquets-Vidal-Iniesta would look as miserable as Busquets-Song-Iniesta.

Thiago didn't deserve anything last season. He missed pre-season, he missed almost the entire first half of the season (he got reinjured, remember?) and when he got his chances he did things like this.

m55ycsb9.gif

But we had this 98948605 times already, didn't we?

Darko

anyone here trying to blame pep for thiago leaving is utterly in denial. thiago just said himself:

"I would have left Barcelona for any team, just so I would no longer be warming the bench.
It was my own decision to leave Barcelona. Nobody put a gun to my head and forced me to go. I didn't get the feeling the club believed in me. That's why I moved on. I left Barcelona because I wanted to be happy again and play football on a regular basis. I found exactly what I was looking for here at Bayern."

http://www.beinsports.tv/news/artic...ago-alcantara-denies-owing-barcelona-anything

i find it ridiculous that people are slandering pep. the fault is not of any person or thing exterior of barca, the fault lies entirely within barca's hierarchy. we fucked up. it's very simple. tito misused thiago and disillusioned him.

True.
And whats the problem with him being the 4th CM in line for 2 CM spots(and as somebody stated both Cesc and Xav had bad periods when Thiago could have been at least tried out instead of them), he should have gotten a lot more playing time with us having a huge advantage over RM.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Vidal is not a playmaker. Busquets-Vidal-Iniesta would look as miserable as Busquets-Song-Iniesta.

Thiago didn't deserve anything last season. He missed pre-season, he missed almost the entire first half of the season (he got reinjured, remember?) and when he got his chances he did things like this.

m55ycsb9.gif

But we had this 98948605 times already, didn't we?

Players make mistakes, even more younger ones. Just watch him now with bayern. And even with problems, he had a good season for Barça. Letting him go is proving to be a big mistake, unless his brother really is better than him, as Thiago says Rafinha is.

Will you be one of those that gets one mistake to crucify a player? I imagine you'll have fun in ter stegen thread next season, then.

Darko

m55ycsb9.gif

And this...

coura

Banned
Players make mistakes, even more younger ones. Just watch him now with bayern. And even with problems, he had a good season for Barça. Letting him go is proving to be a big mistake, unless his brother really is better than him, as Thiago says Rafinha is.

Will you be one of those that gets one mistake to crucify a player? I imagine you'll have fun in ter stegen thread next season, then.

I don´t get it the " we let him go". If a player force his way out it´s " we let him go situation"? Really?

coura

Banned
He was our second best midfielder after Iniesta last season, could argue that Cesc was better the first half of the season, but not even close the rest. To say that Xavi was better Thiago last season is just delusional and a lie, IMO.

Your opinion is not very valid. You´re just a fanboy, with all respect.

The Observer

Slating him? When? He can make mistakes, no problem. However he can't expect to walk into the stating XI - which basically he says was the reason why he left - regardless of his performances ahead of Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas if he makes rookie mistakes like that. The worst thing wasn't even the mistake itself. It was how he reacted for the rest of the match. It really rattled him psychologically and he went invisible for the rest of the game. 4 days after that mistake was the CL game against Milan. No coach in his right mind would start Thiago in that game after such a showing. Yet some people have a go at Tito for not doing that now in retroperspective and "playing Xavi on painkillers instead".

I'm watching him at Bayern. Not much has changed. Still the most erratic player in their entire midfield with the highest number of turnovers who gets dispossessed the most and plays overflamboyant passes. Pep plays him as the furthest forward midfielder now after he failed the deeper role at the beginning.

Obviously I would have kept and developed him. But he thinks he doesn't need to learn anymore and he's already up there with the big boys and wants to showcase his skills. Good luck to him.

If Zubi had a brain he'd push for Kroos. Kroos, Thiago, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Martinez, Götze all playing centrally is obviously not sustainable and Kroos seems unsettled already. That would solve all issues.

And this...

Yeah. Him scoring a random goal in the 83th minute in a game that is already won is definitely a more conclusive indicator about his state of development as a central midfielder and totally outweighs his lapses in the buil-up process.

Last edited:

Galning

Yeah. Him scoring a random goal in the 83th minute in a game that is already won is definitely a more conclusive indicator about his state of development as a central midfielder and totally outweighs his lapses in the buil-up process.

On the other hand, you posting a gif of him making a mistake is a conclusive indicator that he is a useless player.

Paganinisrvnge

Regardless of who is brought in, I think it's time for Xavi to play only like 40% of all Barcelona matches next season. That way we have him at his best when he does play.

Home of Barca Fans