Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

"Pushed" :lol:

"Where pep goes I follow"

He was pushed, Bojan. He's saying that now because no one likes to acknowledge being rejected. Thing is, it was Pep's mistake in bringing cesc back that started it all. That summer, one of cesc or thiago was leaving, both weren't going to stay. The club chose cesc. Thiago is not loyal, but he's not a traitor either. If the club wanted to keep him, and he left anyway, he could be labeled one, but that's not what happened.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
thiago-alcantara1.jpg

''i have produced nothing in a big game yet someguys think barcafans are butthurt that i left. even though barca are on course for a treble without me''

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He wasn't pushed, Flavia.

He wasn't on the transfer list last I checked. He wanted to move to pep and he got it. Hope he's enjoying it now :)

And "traitor", "disloyal" is just semantics.

F

Flavia

He wasn't pushed, Flavia.

He wasn't on the transfer list last I checked. He wanted to move to pep and he got it. Hope he's enjoying it now :)

Yes, he was, and there's evidence of that. If he didn't leave to Bayern, he'd be at United now, pep or not. Don't you remember Tito talking about him, and his clause? It was a clear message, Tito didn't rate him at all. The #11 was also needed for Neymar.
There's also a passage on Marti Perarnau's book on Pep, saying the board wanted to sell Thiago since 2011.

No one stays at a place where they don't feel wanted or valued.

There are plenty of young midfield players who I rate higher than him right now, Verrati/Koke/Gundogan(2013 gundogan > Healthy Thiago imo)/Isco have all been brilliant against the BEST opposition. Something that thiago has yet to do. He has the talent but even potential wise I honestly wouldnt say he has a distinct advantage over Verrati or Isco. I'd love for him to come back but we'll still win the same trophies without him imo, he won't make or break this team. We have Rakitic who pretty easily shut thiago down and Pirlo's bastard spanish son (Samper) hopefully in the next couple of years.

DrPepper

It's funny. Many don't want Gündogan because of "injury proneness" but would take Thiago who is much more prone to injury plus a traitor. wtf

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep lays the foundation for Thiago getting dropped in pecking order by bringing in Cesc, a totally unneeded and foolish move... He leaves the next season... Thiago claims he is being pushed... Leaves the very next summer to the very same manager who made things tricky for him back home!

I would never ever believe that Tito had any part to play in his whole fiasco. Thiago had his clause included in his contract just around the same time Pep bought Cesc!

Either Thiago is a glory hunting batsard or Pep & Thiago had been planning their way out all along.... I am inclined towards believing that Thiago is a glory hunter. The fact that he chose Spain over Brazil gives me the hint to do so

JamDav1982

He was pushed, Bojan. He's saying that now because no one likes to acknowledge being rejected. Thing is, it was Pep's mistake in bringing cesc back that started it all. That summer, one of cesc or thiago was leaving, both weren't going to stay. The club chose cesc. Thiago is not loyal, but he's not a traitor either. If the club wanted to keep him, and he left anyway, he could be labeled one, but that's not what happened.

The club never chose Cesc over Thiago. Thiago was the first to want to leave and regardless Cesc had been a good bit better than him that previous season.

Pep brought in Cesc which created the whole issue.

Maybe Tito could have played Thiago in a few games so Barca got more money for him but I like the fact Barcelona dont treat players like that and left it open if he wants to go then he can.

barcaboy15

One aspect that I hate about the Thiago transfer, that people always seem to ignore is that his agent is Pep's brother...

Thiago defenders always present it that Barcelona wanted to get rid of him, and he was going to Man Utd; only at this point did Pep decide to buy him because he was available and leaving anyway. But to me this is complete rubbish when you factor in his agent being Pep's brother. Of course they would have had conversations about it and Thiago would have been fully aware Pep wanted him. Certainly wasn't a spur of the moment thing.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I agree. Once pep left thiago stuck out a final year in barca while pep took his hiatus. He then joined him at bayern at the first chance because he wanted to be a part of bayern's new golden era.

The way pep talked about him that summer shows that he was fixated on thiago for some time too.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm not denying his potential and even current ability, I'm just saying that barca hasn't really missed him, and he did nothing in a big game for Barca or for bayern so far.

Our midfield is fine without him despite the way some are acting.

Home of Barca Fans