Thiago Translantara

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I'm not denying his potential and even current ability, I'm just saying that barca hasn't really missed him, and he did nothing in a big game for Barca or for bayern so far.

Porto second leg was pretty big. Since his return, he's been excellent for Bayern, except for that match against Barca and a few Bundesliga matches.

Stric

I, for one, am absolutely sure that Thiago would have stayed at FCB if he was given any resemblance of support from the coach or the club. Regardless of the release clause dropping. Anything that would even remotely suggest that he will be given more chances in the following season, or anything along those lines. Instead he got a figurative slap in the face from his own coach. Tell me more about how he is a traitor for leaving.

JamDav1982

I, for one, am absolutely sure that Thiago would have stayed at FCB if he was given any resemblance of support from the coach or the club. Regardless of the release clause dropping. Anything that would even remotely suggest that he will be given more chances in the following season, or anything along those lines. Instead he got a figurative slap in the face from his own coach. Tell me more about how he is a traitor for leaving.

If Thiago was playing as fourth best CM why would the club come out and promise him more football?

He played plenty of minutes for someone in such a competitive position and has to earn his place in the team on merit not promises.

Other players like Xavi decided to stay and fight to get their place in starting line up.

Stric

If Thiago was playing as fourth best CM why would the club come out and promise him more football?

He played plenty of minutes for someone in such a competitive position and has to earn his place in the team on merit not promises.

Other players like Xavi decided to stay and fight to get their place in starting line up.

You make it sound as if four players were competing for one spot. They were competing for two. That's literally twice as many opportunities for one player to play.

There were plenty of chances when he could have and should have played, but Tito decided to squeeze the last healthy breaths from Xavi instead. Even after we won the league. Nothing biased about that, those are facts.

JamDav1982

You make it sound as if four players were competing for one spot. They were competing for two. That's literally twice as many opportunities for one player to play.

There were plenty of chances when he could have and should have played, but Tito decided to squeeze the last healthy breaths from Xavi instead. Even after we won the league. Nothing biased about that, those are facts.

Not trying to make it sound like four players for one spot at all. Four players for two midfield positions and you will rarely ever find a club that can find four top class players happy for two positions. Whether it be CBs, CMs, Strikers or wingers.

Do you honestly think Tito playing Thiago in meaningless minutes ahead of Xavi would have made him want to stay? He would have known full well that the club were doing it just to make more money off him.

Thiago came in and started in 6/7 games in a row when Xavi was injured and didnt play all that great. Xavi was still much better than him.

Thiago was given a fair amount of minutes in his last season for a back up player but didnt move himself up the order. This idea he was treated unfairly is ridiculous.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i never understood that either. as if garbage minutes would have changed his mind, he was set on bayern from the minute he knew pep was taking over there.

he did nothing with the minutes he got, and he got plenty including the away clasico.

Stric

Xavi was still much better than him? What kind of an argument is that? Xavi is still much better than most midfielders out there. But that doesn't mean he should play 50 games a season.

If he was played in those meaningless minutes, he most likely wouldn't have been sold at all, because no one was going to pay his usual release clause. It's not about the club making money.

JamDav1982

Xavi was still much better than him? What kind of an argument is that? Xavi is still much better than most midfielders out there. But that doesn't mean he should play 50 games a season.

If he was played in those meaningless minutes, he most likely wouldn't have been sold at all, because no one was going to pay his usual release clause. It's not about the club making money.

If Xavi is first pick and Thiago is back up Xavi is going to play much more games than Thiago who got plenty of opportunities that season.

There was no slap in the face for Thiago and playing more minutes in meaningless games is unlikely to make him want to stay or feel any better about the situation.

The club never treated Thiago badly in the slightest, he was given ample opportunity to do better than he did and get more minutes. He chose to leave no one kicked him out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Failed at Barca, failed at Bayern. End of. For me at least. Add to that a disloyal personality. He'll pack his bags after pep again.
Screw Thiago, visca el Barca!

M

monamou

Failed at Barca, failed at Bayern. End of. For me at least. Add to that a disloyal personality. He'll pack his bags after pep again. Screw Thiago, visca el Barca!
True. His recent words make it look like he's simply a Pep's doggy. Embarrasing to be honest.

Failed at Barca, failed at Bayern. End of. For me at least. Add to that a disloyal personality. He'll pack his bags after pep again.
Screw Thiago, visca el Barca!

He hasnt failed at Bayern, can't sum his entire career there to this one match against us as then every bayern player failed there. He's still only 24 and is talented.

Gnidrologist

What's there to be "butthurt" about? What did he achieve since leaving?
Sure there was a sour taste after him leaving to join pep but that's it.
Yet this thread keeps on giving. Hundreds pages of mostly angry posts, name calling and ''sour taste about him leaving''.
Why is that if he's so insignificant? No one has sour taste about Nolito, Fontas, Muniesa, Bojan, Dos Santos bros etc., yet Thiago has hundreds of pages here, more than a lot of active Barca players.
Some of you still think he plays for Barca so can't fathom the indifference towards Thiago.
Like when someone says "I don't care if he's injured or not" it's immediately hate.
Those ''some'' are people like you, because if you don't care about someone's tribulations in another club, you don't post ''i don't care'' every opportunity you get. You simply don't post about it at all. :lol:
He is still extremely injury prone. What made Xavi and Iniesta so great was also their ability to last the 90 mins every week in their 30's.
That's irrelevant to my point. Everyone in Spain's thread still pray on him being in tact for Euro2016 and jizz all over idea of potential Isco/Thiago combo in midfield.

Gnidrologist

What's that narrative, if i may ask. He IS extraordinary talented player, who has had extraordinary bad luck with injuries, therefore hasn't proved himself on the big scene yet. Was there something i missed that was said here?

Home of Barca Fans