Thiago Translantara

Gnidrologist

Holy strawmn. He wasn't ''poor'' and wasn't exactly ''forced'', but his decision was 100% justifiable and there was nothing treacherous about it. Can you quote any post with that version of narrative?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yes, he was, and there's evidence of that. If he didn't leave to Bayern, he'd be at United now, pep or not. Don't you remember Tito talking about him, and his clause? It was a clear message, Tito didn't rate him at all. The #11 was also needed for Neymar.
There's also a passage on Marti Perarnau's book on Pep, saying the board wanted to sell Thiago since 2011.

No one stays at a place where they don't feel wanted or valued.

this post was made today.

F

Flavia

this post was made today.

Like anyone in his shoes would have stayed at Barça. Not all players are like JDS. And oddly enough, he was never praised by his loyalty, but mocked about it, here.
it's funny like some want players to be loyal, but only if they're good.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
why wouldn't he have stayed? xaviesta were going to fade eventually and he would have taken their spot. all he had to do was show some patience for one or two seasons while developing his game which was along way off meriting a starters place at that point.

it is not poor thiago that was forced out but a self important and impatient personality who chose to leave prematurely.

JamDav1982

Like anyone in his shoes would have stayed at Barça. Not all players are like JDS. And oddly enough, he was never praised by his loyalty, but mocked about it, here.
it's funny like some want players to be loyal, but only if they're good.

Hes not a traitor and the club didnt force him out.

Thiago made a footballing decision that suited him but he was given ample opportunity at Barca and never really grasped it.

Tito played him plenty, he started something like 15 out of 32 La Liga games he was available and got time off the bench.

I dont buy the fact he was leaving regardless nor do I buy what was in the book about Pep as it all fits into the narrative the Pep never looked to take Barca players other than those that were unhappy.

F

Flavia

why wouldn't he have stayed? xaviesta were going to fade eventually and he would have taken their spot. all he had to do was show some patience for one or two seasons while developing his game which was along way off meriting a starters place at that point.

it is not poor thiago that was forced out but a self important and impatient personality who chose to leave prematurely.

Easier said then done. Thiago had just shined a lot in the euro sub-21. Xavi on painkillers played instead of him, after la liga was on. Tito preferred cesc to him. If cesc was never brought back, then he would have stayed. But all 4 weren't going to stay. Cesc would had probably left one year sooner, to utd, but Tito chose him, so Thiago left.

Xavi and Iniesta are still here, and playing. He did the right thing for his career, and what any other player very talented would do.

JamDav1982

Easier said then done. Thiago had just shined a lot in the euro sub-21. Xavi on painkillers played instead of him, after la liga was on. Tito preferred cesc to him. If cesc was never brought back, then he would have stayed. But all 4 weren't going to stay. Cesc would had probably left one year sooner, to utd, but Tito chose him, so Thiago left.

Xavi and Iniesta are still here, and playing. He did the right thing for his career, and what any other player very talented would do.

Tito never chose Cesc ahead of Thiago for anything other than Cesc being the better player on the park.

When Xavi was injured in the second half of that season it was Thiago who played the games and didnt play all that well which caused Tito to rush back Xavi.

He maybe did do right thing for his career but he was not treated badly by the club or Tito in any way.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
fair enough, but nobody pushed him out and it isn't some sob story.

btw these thiago arguments tend to go around in circles alot. these exact points have been made before maybe 100 times on this thread :lol:

F

Flavia

Tito never chose Cesc ahead of Thiago for anything other than Cesc being the better player on the park.

When Xavi was injured in the second half of that season it was Thiago who played the games and didnt play all that well which caused Tito to rush back Xavi.

He maybe did do right thing for his career but he was not treated badly by the club or Tito in any way.

I remember you saying it was clear both thiago and cesc wouldn't say, jamdav, that one would leave. Make up your mind.

I believe what Marti Perarnau wrote. There was no effort to keep him, everyone at the time thought cesc was xavi's replacement.

And what do you mean by treated badly? He was just treat with indifference, not badly. He was not a player Tito was keen on, that was pretty much clear. He wanted more than he'd have here, so he went for it.

JamDav1982

I remember you saying it was clear both thiago and cesc wouldn't say, jamdav, that one would leave. Make up your mind.

I believe what Marti Perarnau wrote. There was no effort to keep him, everyone at the time thought cesc was xavi's replacement.

And what do you mean by treated badly? He was just treat with indifference, not badly. He was not a player Tito was keen on, that was pretty much clear. He wanted more than he'd have here, so he went for it.

Where have I said all four CMs should have stayed?

I said Thiago leaving was probably best thing for his career.

I thought the arguments over thiago would have stopped after he proved to still not be good enough to play for, or atleast against, us(Unless you're gonna blame that on Pep's tactics). Guess not lmao.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

earlier on today you said he was pushed out

F

Flavia

fair enough, but nobody pushed him out and it isn't some sob story.

btw these thiago arguments tend to go around in circles alot. these exact points have been made before maybe 100 times on this thread :lol:

It's not a sob story, but he's also not a traitor. What cesc is doing now with all his blabbering is much worse. Thiago has been respectful.

The one thing that pissed a lot of people was that we let thiago go for cesc. Hindsight and all, but many said that would happen back then. And now we're still chasing a midfielder for 100m.

earlier on today you said he was pushed out

Because he was. The passive-aggressive way this board have behave with players time and again makes me think that.
I'm not going to repeat everything I have said before, but both cesc and thiago had teams interested. The one they reached out to keep was cesc.

JamDav1982

It's not a sob story, but he's also not a traitor. What cesc is doing now with all his blabbering is much worse. Thiago has been respectful.

The one thing that pissed a lot of people was that we let thiago go for cesc. Hindsight and all, but many said that would happen back then. And now we're still chasing a midfielder for 100m.

Because he was. The passive-aggressive way this board have behave with players time and again makes me think that.
I'm not going to repeat everything I have said before, but both cesc and thiago had teams interested. The one they reached out to keep was cesc.

They reached out to keep Cesc after Thiago was gone and didnt want to be short on numbers. The worst thing would be going from four top CMs to the two oldest ones.

Thiago wanted to leave and went nothing to do with club choosing Cesc over him for anything other than how they were on the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans