Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

They reached out to keep Cesc after Thiago was gone and didnt want to be short on numbers. The worst thing would be going from four top CMs to the two oldest ones.

Thiago wanted to leave and went nothing to do with club choosing Cesc over him for anything other than how they were on the pitch.

Cesc wasn't in danger of leaving. Specially after thiago left. It obviously had to do with the fact of Cesc being in the club, and being preferred by Tito too. You can say cesc was a better player than thiago, and that's why Tito preferred him, but it doesn't change the fact he did. The club wasn't exactly betting on Thiago, no more than they did with jds. I also remember Freixa's statement. He said it was very good business to sell a reserve player for so much. That shows how valued he was by the club.

Leo_Messi

I don't particularly care about Thiago but it's silly to deny his talent. He would have been a very valuable member of our squad had he stayed.

I don't buy the notion of "him not having showed anything". If that was the case he would not have played for FCB, Bayern München or Spain in the first place.

Injuries is what have halted his progress but if we are to believe the Bayern fans and the media he has been their best performer since he returned a few weeks ago. Only 24 years old as well.

Considering the current transfer market 25 million euros is very little for a player of Thiago's quality.

At the end of the day Pep is to blame for buying Flopregas in the first place. His presence was pure poison for the team.

JamDav1982

Cesc wasn't in danger of leaving. Specially after thiago left. It obviously had to do with the fact of Cesc being in the club, and being preferred by Tito too. You can say cesc was a better player than thiago, and that's why Tito preferred him, but it doesn't change the fact he did. The club wasn't exactly betting on Thiago, no more than they did with jds. I also remember Freixa's statement. He said it was very good business to sell a reserve player for so much. That shows how valued he was by the club.

Not sure Cesc is a better player than Thiago but he was that season and last thing club wanted was them both to leave so obviously reached out to Cesc to stay.

I just dont agree that Thiago was in any way not given a chance or treated 'indifferently'. He was given ample opportunity to play his way more into Titos thoughts and didnt take it.

But nor do I see him as a traitor in any way. He did what was best for himself under a manager who saw him fourth choice of the four CMs.

At the end of the day Pep is to blame for buying Flopregas in the first place. His presence was pure poison for the team.

Normally I rate Fabregas, but I just realized thanks to this that his first year coincided with Pep's worst year at FCB, and also the end of Barca's domination of Europe :lol:

Normally I rate Fabregas, but I just realized thanks to this that his first year coincided with Pep's worst year at FCB, and also the end of Barca's domination of Europe :lol:

And his departure ended up coinciding with our revival although I doubt Lucho would have forced himself to play 4 midfielders like Tata did.

F

Frejsgodes

Should have stayed with Barca. Would have been a starter at Barca now.

Lesson to be learned. There are no short cuts, Thiago. Enjoy watching watching Barca win the Treble from your couch.

Jadentheman

Should have stayed with Barca. Would have been a starter at Barca now.

Lesson to be learned. There are no short cuts, Thiago. Enjoy watching watching Barca win the Treble from your couch.

Not to say he wasn't almost to the final. In these two seasons he's made it to the semis. He is only unlucky his team lost a few of their main key players to injury.

StarLord

Probably the reason why this thread is so quiet, unlike last Wednesday night. :lol:

Yes, he had a very good match, as the rest of the BM side.

But there is little reason for us to emphasize the fact. Our midfield totally snuffed him out in the Camp Nou.

Home of Barca Fans