Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Gundogan is much better than Thiago because Gundogan has been much more consistent in terms of playing on a high level. Thiago? Not so much. His last good game before yesterday's was their home game against Porto, as far as I remember. What else?

gasgas

Thiago is world class or close to world class. Most of you are just jelly because he left our then wasted team to join pep and new treble winners. Many of you are not over that yet :coffee:

Yannik

Gundogan is much better than Thiago because Gundogan has been much more consistent in terms of playing on a high level. Thiago? Not so much. His last good game before yesterday's was their home game against Porto, as far as I remember. What else?

and Gündogan's last good game on a high level was against.. erm.. wasnt that somewhere 2013?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thiago is world class or close to world class. Most of you are just jelly because he left our then wasted team to join pep and new treble winners. Many of you are not over that yet :coffee:

Sure, I admit I don't like him for that reason but hey, I watch almost every single Bayern game and I can tell you Mueller is truly a great player, despite the fact that I don't like him. If Thiago has been as half as consistent as how good Mueller is, I'd have admitted it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
and Gündogan's last good game on a high level was against.. erm.. wasnt that somewhere 2013?

Nope, he has been playing on a high level consistently pretty much throughout the second half of last season and so far this season. By high level I wasn't referring to playing against CL level elite teams. Him and Thiago played against the same opposing teams, Gundogan has been much more consistent. Thiago? Here and there.

Yannik

Nope, he has been playing on a high level consistently pretty much throughout the second half of last season and so far this season. By high level I wasn't referring to playing against CL level elite teams. Him and Thiago played against the same opposing teams, Gundogan has been much more consistent. Thiago? Here and there.

if so then:

His last good game before yesterday's was their home game against Porto, as far as I remember. What else?

For recent examples:
3x MOTM in 4 CL matches.
MOTM against Bremen 2 weeks ago aswell. Games like Mainz, Leverkusen, Augsburg, even the first leg against Arsenal are all worth singleing out. His recent national cap aswell.

Dont forget this aswell, as it was pretty decent.

Last edited:

xavisionary

I just love this elegance he has.
Even the most simple touches he take belong to his signature-skillset and express art. Simple touches are drags, flicks, he plays lobbed short- or through balls with the outside of his boot and a wicked curve. He goes past players with simple fake steps, wiggles, shoulder drops. Sometimes he stops the ball in the middle of the play, looks for a second, then plays a through ball that breaks your heart. All those details, simple breathtaking. If you love Joga Bonito, then you'd enjoy everything he does.

This. Even if he doesn't assist or score, his swagger on the ball is amazing to see. Always on the half turn, to quote Glenn Hoddle.

LinearResponsibleBear.gif

5883807748337426_531cf563a12b33dfab8dcbe0da408a6ad9c269ecc1964a3edf396af54933d60f_large

giphy.gif

DrPepper

Since then we've won our second treble while Thiago is still waiting for his first. I'd say most people have accepted the circumstances. Doesn't make him any less of a gloryhunting traitor, though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
if so then:

For recent examples:
3x MOTM in 4 CL matches.
MOTM against Bremen 2 weeks ago aswell. Games like Mainz, Leverkusen, Augsburg, even the first leg against Arsenal are all worth singleing out. His recent national cap aswell.

Dont forget this aswell, as it was pretty decent.

With all due respect, MOTM against Bremen is not saying much. Bayern was just terrible in that game, every single one of their players.

Which 4 CL matches that he won the MOTM by the way?

serghei

Thiago is world class or close to world class.

If Thiago is that, so are Arda Turan and Rakitic.

And I shouldn't even mention Busi and Iniesta, they are arguably all time greats in their position.

Stupid Thiago, all he had to do is wait one more year for Xavi to step down, and then he would've had a golden career at the best team, with his brother next to him. Wining CLs and playing Clasicos in the best league in the world, on the biggest stadiums in Europe with the most amazing superstars (including probably the best footballer to ever play the game).

Ask all great brazilian (make that south-american) players what team they dream to play for one day, and almost all will answer Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Thiago was lucky enough to be at 22 years of age where most dream to end up at. And what did he do? He went to Bayern. :facepalm: Idiot.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

If Thiago is that, so are Arda Turan and Rakitic.

And I shouldn't even mention Busi and Iniesta, they are arguably all time greats in their position.

Stupid Thiago, all he had to do is wait one more year for Xavi to step down, and then he would've had a golden career at the best team, with his brother next to him. Wining CLs and playing Clasicos in the best league in the world, on the biggest stadiums in Europe with the most amazing superstars (including probably the best footballer to ever play the game).

Ask all great brazilian (make that south-american) players what team they dream to play for one day, and almost all will answer Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Thiago was lucky enough to be at 22 years of age where most dream to end up at. And what did he do? He went to Bayern. :facepalm: Idiot.

You forgot cesc. One of them was definitely leaving that summer, both weren't staying. This was clear even back then. The way the club is handling adriano now is a good example of what they could had done if they wanted to keep Thiago. But they didn't, they preferred to keep cesc, and needed money to bring Neymar. Thiago just took care of his career. Which is paying off, as he is starting for one of the best teams in the world.

serghei

You forgot cesc. One of them was definitely leaving that summer, both weren't staying. This was clear even back then. The way the club is handling adriano now is a good example of what they could had done if they wanted to keep Thiago. But they didn't, they preferred to keep cesc, and needed money to bring Neymar. Thiago just took care of his career. Which is paying off, as he is starting for one of the best teams in the world.

Xavi was the "problem" for both Cesc and Thiago. If Thiago had stayed, he could've very well been a Barca starter by now, give how things evolved. And I'm sorry for Bayern's fans around here, but at the moment, Barca is the best team in the world. So him succeeding at Barca should've been the no1 priority for him, as a Barca youth product. It wasn't as it turned out and that is disappointing. Yea Bayern is a great team, and close to Barcelona, but Barca is the no1 club in the era we're living right now. 4 CLs in less than a decade and the heavy domination of Real Madrid in recent history says it all.

I don't buy that the club wanted to sell Thiago to Bayern btw.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans