Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

Because he wanted to move. Not because Barca wanted to sell him.

If they didn't want to sell him, he'd be treated like adriano is. Coach asking for him to stay, club offering a renewal... did that happen? Or even better, Tito wouldn't had neglected him like he did the previous season. No one was really caring if he stayed or left. He wasn't treated like a player they wanted to keep. And they needed money to give to Ney Sr too.

spark

People still not realizing that the only reason he wanted to leave at all costs that season was the world cup being in Brazil. It was all about Mazinho's dream and that's why it was karma when he got injured and still missed it anyway.

Yannik

I dont buy this. As you said. It was the media and the fans who pciked him out to be Xavi's successor. Everyone said that Xavi would reitre one day and Thiago, who would do shortcaps and rotational starts until 23-24, would take over. It seemed irrelevant to many Barca fans, that Thiago might not agree waiting so long for this. I felt like it never mattered to them what Thiago wanted for his own career, he is supposed to do what the club wants, he cant have an own opinion. And in the end when he finally had enough, left, and is now depicted as a "traitor" even though he didnt even go to a domestic rival.

It is pretty egoistic to demand a player from not ever start thinking egoistic, when it concerns his whole career.

F

Flavia

I dont buy this. As you said. It was the media and the fans who pciked him out to be Xavi's successor. Everyone said that Xavi would reitre one day and Thiago, who would do shortcaps and rotational starts until 23-24, would take over. It seemed irrelevant to many Barca fans, that Thiago might not agree waiting so long for this. I felt like it never mattered to them what Thiago wanted for his own career, he is supposed to do what the club wants, he cant have an own opinion. And in the end when he finally had enough, left, and is now depicted as a "traitor" even though he didnt even go to a domestic rival.

It is pretty egoistic to demand a player from not ever start thinking egoistic, when it concerns his whole career.

The bigger problem is that Thiago is a very good player. So some prefer to blame him, despite this board showing they don't care that much for cantera players anymore. Jds did what they wanted Thiago to do, but he was never commended for it. And no cared when he left, because he isn't that good.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thiago held meetings with Zubi and Tito before leaving. Both telling him he wouldn't play more than he was.

He didn't just tell the club to f off. He waited to see if something would change for him, which it didn't.

It's well documented. The least that could have been done was playing him so that his clause didn't decrease to 18m, but that didn't happen. The league was won, but a Xavi on painkillers was still preferred.

Not only was Thiago pushed out, but Xavi also pushed to play when he should've been rested.

I wish, really wish we didn't buy Cesc. Really messed up so much.

And Bellerin did have a chance of making it. He was the most highly rated defensive talent in his position FFS.

Last edited:

serghei

If they didn't want to sell him, he'd be treated like adriano is. Coach asking for him to stay, club offering a renewal... did that happen? Or even better, Tito wouldn't had neglected him like he did the previous season. No one was really caring if he stayed or left. He wasn't treated like a player they wanted to keep. And they needed money to give to Ney Sr too.

That is at best a sign that Barcelona made a mistake in how they treated Thiago. Not that they wanted to sell him. They reacted this way towards a lot of players, including Dani Alves, who's actually a Barca legend, unlike Thiago. If they can make a legend like Alves feel bad, to the point of him accusing the board openly, they can surely make 22 years old Thiago feel the same. I guess in situations like these we actually see who cares for the club deep enough to forgive it's mistakes, and who uses these mistakes as an excuse to bail out.

Again, for me, Thiago was/is either an all-for-himself type of person, or just young and foolish. For him Barca was just a big club like any other, exactly as in Figo's case. Succeeding at Barca was like succeeding at anyother club, no attachment whatsoever. Just an employer-employee type of relationship. That is why he is not and will never be Blaugrana.

Sure, you guys can gloat about him and praise him like you would normally praise a Barca legend, but he means nothing for the club. Nothing. Cuenca means more for Barca than Thiago.

Last edited:

spark

Thiago held meetings with Zubi and Tito before leaving. Both telling him he wouldn't play more than he was.

He didn't just tell the club to f off. He waited to see if something would change for him, which it didn't.

It's well documented. The least that could have been done was playing him so that his clause didn't decrease to 18m, but that didn't happen. The league was won, but a Xavi on painkillers was still preferred.

Not only was Thiago pushed out, but Xavi also pushed to play when he should've been rested.

I wish, really wish we didn't buy Cesc. Really messed up so much.

They told him they couldn't guarantee anything, its not the same as what you said. It was also actually the Alex Song signing which took minutes from Thiago which people always conveniently forget about , plus the fact that he had the same injury twice.

F

Flavia

That is at best a sign that Barcelona made a mistake in how they treated Thiago. Not that they wanted to sell him. They reacted this way towards a lot of players, including Dani Alves, who's actually a Barca legend, unlike Thiago. If they can make a legend like Alves feel bad, to the point of accusing the board openly, they can surely make 22 years old Thiago feel the same. I guess in situations like these we actually see who cares for the club deep enough to forgive it's mistakes, and who uses these mistakes as an excuse to bail out. Again, for me, Thiago was/is either an all-for-himself type of person, or just young and foolish. For him Barca was just a big club like any other, exactly as in Figo's case. He left the "Mes que" part out. That is why he is not and will never be Blaugrana.

Sure, you guys can gloat about him and praise him like you would normally praise a Barca legend, but he means nothing for the club. Nothing. Cuenca means more for Barca than Thiago

So the club is always right, and the players always wrong? Nice reasoning you have. Thiago's situations and Dani were also very different. And this last sentence just reaffirms what I think, you're bitter because he left and is a great player. I also didn't know we could only praise Barça legends here, hahaha. But you should blame the club, not him. As @DonAK posted above, it's not like he just decided to leave. If the coach believed in him, he wouldn't had left. But Tito preferred cesc. Cesc was the problem here, as it was his tenure with the club. He never should had come.

gasgas

So the club is always right, and the players always wrong? Nice reasoning you have. Thiago's situations and Dani were also very different. And this last sentence just reaffirms what I think, you're bitter because he left and is a great player. I also didn't know we could only praise Barça legends here, hahaha. But you should blame the club, not him. As @DonAK posted above, it's not like he just decided to leave. If the coach believed in him, he wouldn't had left. But Tito preferred cesc. Cesc was the problem here, as it was his tenure with the club. He never should had come.

just like what i said a few posts earlier, most fans here are just jelly because he is very good, and could have been our starter now but he left and now we are left busy moving from one bandwagon to another from pogba to veratti to gundogan. while we could have had thiago all along

serghei

So the club is always right, and the players always wrong? Nice reasoning you have. And this last sentence just reaffirms what I think, you're bitter because he left and is a great player. I also didn't know we could only praise Barça legends here, hahaha. But you should blame the club, not him. As [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] posted above, it's not like he just decided to leave. If the coach believed in him, he wouldn't had left. But Tito preferred cesc. Cesc was the problem here, as it was his tenure with the club. He never should had come.

My problem is that I like him as a player, but can't forgive the fact that he only cared about his best-interest. The club is much much bigger than just the guys that happen to rule it at a point. It's not bitterness, it's more like anger. I would like a player with his quality to have the spirit of a Xavi. Instead, it has the spirit of Figo.

F

Flavia

My problem is that I like him as a player, but can't forgive the fact that he only cared about his best-interest. The club is much much bigger than just the guys that happen to rule it at a point. It's not bitterness, it's more like anger. I would like a player with his quality to have the spirit of a Xavi. Instead, it has the spirit of Figo.

That's a very, very shallow comparison. Thiago's story has no similarity to Figo's. And Xavi's spirit, or his mother's? Because if Xavi followed his and his father's will, he would had been a Milan legend. His mother had to threaten his father with a divorce in order for him to stay at Barça. Very small margins that changed a lot of outcomes, to lash out on him like that.

gasgas

Some of us need to be reminded how important we are to the organization we're in. that is how we get motivated to stay and give our best.
I also believe that Messi is one of those people, that is why the club does plenty of things to keep him satisfied and thus he can do what he does with motivvation.
with Thiago the opposite happened. The club kept on showing him signs that he is not vital to the club, and not part of the program.
he weighed the pros and cons.
I can relate to what Thiago did and his decision turned out to be a good one, he is now a starter for onee of the few clubs that make it to the UCL semis season after season.

So in the end,
1.Thiago is happy,
2. Barca lost a creative, tempo-controller midfielder, but gained another kind of midfielder in Rakitic but then still lacks that control in midfield
3. Serghei is jelly

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Thiago is pure quality... But the fact remains that he is a glory-hunter! His only beef here was having an almost retired Xavi, the legend that Iniesta is and his brother-from-another-mother Cesc getting minutes (when he himself spent more time in the bed with injuries than the training ground btw)... So he wanted to leave, fair & square to some extent. How come he did not go United, where he would have been an outright starter again!? Instead he leaves to the latest treble-winners, who have just bought the German Messi to improve their own team and take in the manager who freaking bought Cesc to Barca that contributed most in eating away his minutes in the first place!

And saying that Tito not giving him assurance for playing time is stupid. For no sane manager would do that!

And yes Thiago is not as good a guy that you guys claim he is.... That idiot had no qualms to give a statement he would just as well move to Real if opportunity presents itself

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

That is a wrong IMO
Everyone own career is his own biggest interest ,not the corporation he is working at . when you leave a job for a better one do you think about the best interest of your original job or your future?
I don't get why football should be any different IMHO .
Thiago was simply not good enough to be starter /play bigger role in Barca management opinion .and he was too good for being 4th option in his opinion (and most people would agree with that) and at this stage of his career he had to look for himself

F

Flavia

Thiago is pure quality... But the fact remains that he is a glory-hunter! His only beef here was having an almost retired Xavi, the legend that Iniesta is and his brother-from-another-mother Cesc getting minutes (when he himself spent more time in the bed with injuries than the training ground btw)... So he wanted to leave, fair & square to some extent. How come he did not go United, where he would have been an outright starter again!? Instead he leaves to the latest treble-winners, who have just bought the German Messi to improve their own team and take in the manager who freaking bought Cesc to Barca that contributed most in eating away his minutes in the first place!

That's easy, Pep. Even with Cesc here, Thiago got minutes with him, and he trusted him. Who would you prefer to be your coach? Pep or Moyes?

Home of Barca Fans